District 20 4-a Future

We will get to see a lot of new faces around the district next year, including a new coach.  Most of 20-4a's top pitchers all graduated.  Names like Bellow, Hester, Laird, Sweetenham, Reyenga, and Waddell will all be gone next year.

What names should we look for to get most of the innings on the mound next year?

[quote name="BCgrad05" post="807931" timestamp="1275338940"]
LCM and Ned will need Freshmen Carson Raines and James Swan to take their spots.
[/quote]

The top programs in this area grow their younster, but very few under classmen are able to step up at the varsity level and be top performers. Good luck to these two, varsity boys can hit the ball.

Things will indeed be interesting next year in 20AAAA.  A lot of talent graduating.  Obviously the programs with the deepest talent pools will be able to reload and stay competitive.  Those are of course are Nederland, PNG, and LCM.  If you've seen their JV and Sophomore teams play, then you know what I'm talking about.  The next tier would include Vidor, Livingston, and Lumberton who don't have the depth of talent year in and year out that the first 3 have.  They have to do more with less.  That being said, I don't see anyone running away from the pack next year.  I believe in the next 2 years the talent levels of the top 5 or 6 teams will be a little closer than in years past.

We will be seeing a lot of new arms on the hill next year.  That will make it very difficult to prognosticate a district champ.

In no particular order, with everyone healthy, I see the following 4 teams representing 20AAAA next year in the playoffs:

LCM- returns 5 or 6 starters, lose Wadell
Nederland- returns 4 or 5 starters, lose Bellow, Laird and outfield
PNG- returns 5 starters, lose Sweetinham, Reyenga, Rhame, Deron
Livingston- returns 7 starters, lose Phillips, Robinson

Vidor- return 6 starters I believe, lose Trae and Michael Hester
Lumberton- return 5 or 6 starters, lose Bingham and Erickson

However, Vidor and Lumberton will disagree with me.  All 6 of these teams are legitimate candidates and anyone of those 6 teams could play their way in next year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder