*Orangefield vs. Jasper Regional Finals Predictions/ Thurs/Fri/Sat @ Lamar

This is definetely going to be a great series. I don't expect it to be a blowout like some have been thinking Orangefield will do. I like Jasper in this one. They don't have the crazy overpowering pitching but they do have depth at that position with some good hitting to back it up. Going to be an exciting game. Should be at this game doing the live video with Jdawg03. Can't wait.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SETXsports Broadcaster" post="807767" timestamp="1275253694"]
I think one of the keys will be the bottom 3rd of Jaspers lineup.  If they can get on base, then I think it may be a long night for the Bobcats......either team has to play at there very best for this series.
[/quote]
the bottom 3rd seemed to do quite well yesterday for Jasper.  Maybe Jasper is peaking at the right time.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="BCgrad05" post="807582" timestamp="1275189605"]
1 game : OF 9-1

3 game:

OF 10-0

OF 6-0
[/quote]

I'm hoping you made this prediction because your still getting over the lose.  I agree Orangfield is the favorite and should be a good series, but I have a hard time believing that they play two games and Jasper doesnt score a run. 

[quote name="jdawg03" post="807913" timestamp="1275332153"]
Thursday, Friday, Sat @ Lamar...

Confirmed
[/quote]

Good, I am glad for the kids and the fans of both schools!

I assume it is Thursday and Friday at 7 and Saturday at 2?

[quote name="j_dog" post="807945" timestamp="1275343649"]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=70141.msg807942#msg807942 date=1275341977]
I should be able to make all 3 good luck dawgs
[/quote]
If Jasper has good luck, there will only be two games.   ;)
[/quote]
true j dog lol

This should be a great series between these two teams, so picking a winner I can't.  BUT from experience, if OF commits errors, Jasper will take advantage of that and beat them...................and they are certainly no slouches when making great catches and fielding the ball.  I think it will come down to whomever has the least errors and think it  will be close scoring throughout the series.  Good luck to both teams!

[quote name="lhsof23" post="808016" timestamp="1275363255"]
OF in 3
1st game 5-2 OF
2nd game 6-3 Jasper
3rd game 4-3 (9) OF
[/quote]

That would be exciting.

These two teams have better hitting than they do pitching.  Not to say they don't have good pitching, they have very good pitcher.  But they are hitting teams.  I look for at 2 of these games to be in double digits by the winner.  The first game might be tight.

[quote name="BCgrad05" post="807618" timestamp="1275193202"]
Orangefield is too much for Jasper. If you can stop (20) Ty Parker and (5) Tyler Arndt you will be fine. Also OF just saw the best pitchers in the state and roped them.

[/quote]

Its Tyler Ernest and OF lost to Mexia's number one and they lost to WOS.

[quote name="Pedro" post="808401" timestamp="1275489102"]
Statum and Angelle are good pitchers but they are no Matt Hicks Jasper has proved that they can win against tough pitching.
[/quote]

Well Hicks beat us the first game.  And unearned runs caused him the 2nd game.  Jasper showed they had a good enough team to hang around and take advantage of mistakes against a top pitcher.  If Jasper plays good defense they have a great shot at going back to Austin.

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="808405" timestamp="1275489677"]
[quote author=Pedro link=topic=70141.msg808401#msg808401 date=1275489102]
Statum and Angelle are good pitchers but [b]they are no Matt Hicks [/b] Jasper has proved that they can win against tough pitching.
[/quote]

Well Hicks beat us the first game.  And unearned runs caused him the 2nd game.  Jasper showed they had a good enough team to hang around and take advantage of mistakes against a top pitcher.  If Jasper plays good defense they have a great shot at going back to Austin.
[/quote]

Orangefield won against Hicks. BC couldn't beat Statum and Angelle. Has little to do with the Jasper and Orangefield game. Different teams match up differently. It will be decided by errors (either lack of or taking advantage of them) and whose bats show up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder