Bridge City vs Jasper Game 3/ Jasper wins game 3, 4-2, advance to Reg. Finals!!!

Bottom 3rd

Smith reaches on error.....Smith picked off (1 out).....Hicks singles to center.....Hubbard grounds into fielders choice, forcing Hicks (2 out).....Rhodes doubles.....Hubbard falls rounding third and is thrown out after a short rundown to end the inning.

After 3, Jasper 4, BC 1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="807436" timestamp="1275178825"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=70120.msg807433#msg807433 date=1275178731]
Jasper 9 Bridge City 2, to top of 7th
[/quote]

You watching this one at home?
[/quote]
nope, listening at home.  I tried the video, but it was behind the broadcast so I am following the game the old fashioned way.

[quote name="j_dog" post="807451" timestamp="1275180595"]
I think Sowell pitched into the fifth inning.  That would leave him five more legal innings for today.

Will he start the third game?  Relieve?  Finished for the day?
[/quote]

He has got to be gassed by now.  I would think Burleson starts and Alvis comes on in relief.  Might be the other way around.

[quote name="j_dog" post="807451" timestamp="1275180595"]
I think Sowell pitched into the fifth inning.  That would leave him five more legal innings for today.

Will he start the third game?  Relieve?  Finished for the day?
[/quote]

What is the limit............10 innings per day or per series or what??

[quote name="Red1" post="807458" timestamp="1275181427"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=70120.msg807451#msg807451 date=1275180595]
I think Sowell pitched into the fifth inning.  That would leave him five more legal innings for today.

Will he start the third game?  Relieve?  Finished for the day?
[/quote]

What is the limit............10 innings per day or per series or what??
[/quote]
Back in 07, Jasper was faced with this situation.  Their pitcher won the first game pitching 7 full innings.  He started the second game also.  Coach Mixon conferred with another coach scouting the game.  They determined that there is a ten inning limit over two games in the same day.  He could have pitched 15 or more innings the night before, and it would not have affected the next day.  But within the same day the limit was ten innings.  That apparently was the rule in 07.  Might not be now.  So Mixon pulled him after three innings.  There is no limit within a single game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder