Where are the trout

Went out today to East bay w/friend-launched @ Anahuac refuge-fished the mouths of 2 bayous and 4  mid bay oyster reefs w/nada for trout/reds only a few big stingrays,whiting,croaker and  alot of gafftop.Stayed on the water 6 hrs. fishing 2.5-8' of water.Did not see 1 guide boat and maybe 6 boats total.Water was smooth until 2 pm-green water but still no real action as depth finder said surface water temp 92 degrees.Should have run to the north jetties.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried one of the party boats out of Galveston for a bay trip today was my first time I'll definitely be taking more trips with them you can't beat it for the price plus I caught the biggest fish of the trip that helped but in the next few weeks I'm gonna try an offshore trip with them.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="813894" timestamp="1277084566"]
I tried one of the party boats out of Galveston for a bay trip today was my first time I'll definitely be taking more trips with them you can't beat it for the price plus I caught the biggest fish of the trip that helped but in the next few weeks I'm gonna try an offshore trip with them.
[/quote]

snapper fishing, or what?

[quote name="bullets13000" post="813896" timestamp="1277085231"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=70019.msg813894#msg813894 date=1277084566]
[/quote]

snapper fishing, or what?

[/quote]

Offshore will be snapper today was just about all sandtrout and whiting I caught a 41" red. There was nothing you couldn't do on your own on the bay trips but its so much cheaper and easier than taking a boat out.

[quote name="bullets13000" post="813898" timestamp="1277085352"]
the trout running anywhere?  i'm back in town and ready to fish!
[/quote]\

They are all over the lake chasing birds and under the lights at night.

• 2 weeks later...
went to rollover tonight, outgoing tide, moon pretty good, threw everything at them but dynamite, with only one pretty nice 18-inch speck to show for it.  the waves were bad, and you could hardly run a lure without bringing in a pound of seaweed.

[quote name="bullets13000" post="815154" timestamp="1277798023"]
went to rollover tonight, outgoing tide, moon pretty good, threw everything at them but dynamite, with only one pretty nice 18-inch speck to show for it.  the waves were bad, and you could hardly run a lure without bringing in a pound of seaweed.
[/quote]

Let me know next time yall go..... I wouldn't mind fishing with ya instead of against ya...

[quote name="Vpbaseball#9" post="815157" timestamp="1277799183"]
[quote author=bullets13000 link=topic=70019.msg815154#msg815154 date=1277798023]
[/quote]

Let me know next time yall go..... I wouldn't mind fishing with ya instead of against ya...
[/quote]

will do.

[quote name="Vpbaseball#9" post="815312" timestamp="1277860940"]
[quote author=tvc184 link=topic=70019.msg815291#msg815291 date=1277852698]
If the weather holds and if I can get off of work early tonight, I might try my luck but that is two big "IFS".
[/quote]
So how are those IFS holdin up???
[/quote]

Since I work the night shift, I don't know yet. I might get off in an hour or so if it is slow and if the other sergeant stays the rest of the night.

I had the good sense to find a line of work with summers off, so i'm free most nights.  mondays, tuesdays and wednesdays i play soccer, but i'm still usually done by 8-8:30.  I'm willing to go with any of you guys, and even better, you're welcome to any fish i catch.  i love to fish, but i hate to clean them.  so, tvc, vp, ecbuc, or anyone else, if you're going out any time over the next couple of weeks, and want some company (and hopefully an extra limit of fish), pm me and we'll work it out.

[quote name="tvc184" post="815413" timestamp="1277918547"]
I am off from now until July 10th and I might make some nighttime fishing trips if the weather will clear up from this storm. I will have to check and see how the tides are running.
[/quote]

cool.  PM me if you want to make a trip one night.

[quote name="Vpbaseball#9" post="815558" timestamp="1277977677"]
I was going to go last night but i figured the water would be too screwed up from that hurricane....
[/quote]

I didn't worry about the water so much in the ship channel but it was still raining and fairly windy. Maybe tonight.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder