Bridge City vs Huffman ( 2 out of 3) / pre-game talk

EAST TX: We all know Huffman doesnt have the stud to go out and get any game, not even a picher over 86mph. But they do have several to choose from that have change of speed and hit spots. Hashagen, West, Shwertner, Key and  Cook.
Was the fresh, soph and jun in parenthesis comment a joke cuz we have a young team? Dont need your studs for us? That is a serious question.

Guest jhamilton
For you Huffman fans the man that runs this site Ruth is cool. Man knows baseball and is good folks as many of the BC fans. Ruth" What year did major league baseball start the infield fly rule? What year was it called first?  If you you and the boys want to come over for some bbq before or after the game let me know. OR we can meet up somewhere in Atascocita or Kingwood.............

[quote name="etbu" post="803485" timestamp="1274310531"]
For you Huffman fans the [b]man that runs this site Ruth [/b] is cool. Man knows baseball and is good folks as many of the BC fans. Ruth" What year did major league baseball start the infield fly rule? What year was it called first?  If you you and the boys want to come over for some bbq before or after the game let me know. OR we can meet up somewhere in Atascocita or Kingwood.............
[/quote]

Curious, since when did Ruth run this website?

Austin Listi played most of the year at 2nd/3rd but will play the series at 2nd. If Key is pitching Listi usually moves to 3rd and fills his spot. Last I heard Michael Listi was offered a full ride to Prarie View.
I think West/Hicks, Hashagen/Zoch, Key/?

As we all know the Coaches for each team will set the strategy....
We are all just guessing and that is about it.  I kind of feel that on the BC side they will not burn Hicks early on: maybe he will serve as a 3 inning closer in several games.  The Coaches make those decisions!  If I understand right: a Pitcher can pitch up to a max of 10 innings in a three game series.  It takes a tough fellow to be called upon to be able to do that!

I agree with the coaches strategy comment. They will change thier minds numerous times between now and tomorrow night on rotation. Hope its a great series.

BC fans.... What time you going to have the burgers/dogs and drinks ready???? We'll return the hospitality on Saturday...

[quote name="huffmanfish" post="803746" timestamp="1274377945"]
I agree with the coaches strategy comment. They will change thier minds numerous times between now and tomorrow night on rotation. Hope its a great series.

BC fans.... What time you going to have the [b]burgers[/b]/dogs and drinks ready???? We'll return the hospitality on Saturday...

[/quote]

Nederland has the best hamburgers that you'll find at a high school ball game....ummm I can taste them now. come on tomorrow....

[quote name="Critter" post="803759" timestamp="1274382971"]
[quote author=huffmanfish link=topic=69790.msg803746#msg803746 date=1274377945]

BC fans.... What time you going to have the [b]burgers[/b]/dogs and drinks ready???? We'll return the hospitality on Saturday...

[/quote]

Nederland has the best hamburgers that you'll find at a high school ball game....ummm I can taste them now. come on tommorow....
[/quote]

amen to that!

[quote name="Critter" post="803759" timestamp="1274382971"]
[quote author=huffmanfish link=topic=69790.msg803746#msg803746 date=1274377945]

[/quote]

Nederland has the best hamburgers that you'll find at a high school ball game....ummm I can taste them now. come on tomorrow....
[/quote]I'll second that, from the burgers, fries, links to the ice they use in the drinks, it's the best concession I have ever been to by far!

I am looking for Huffman to be quite resilient tonight.  They should have some depth; they are the largest enrollment school in Region III.  Should have a number of viable pitchers to choose from.

May both teams play their hearts out tonight.

[quote name="East TX" post="804186" timestamp="1274479528"]
I am looking for Huffman to be quite resilient tonight.  They should have some depth; they are the largest enrollment school in Region III.  Should have a number of viable pitchers to choose from.

May both teams play their hearts out tonight.
[/quote]

Well, they went through 4 of their pitchers tonight how many more do they have in the stable?

Good chance they will use their best Pitcher(who caught last night).....Blaine Hashagen has a real good arm.  I look for BC to be quite aggressive on stealing today.  The BC team speed was a factor last night on assorted base running.

Should be good games at 3:00 pm and later if needed....

[quote name="East TX" post="804438" timestamp="1274542169"]
Good chance they will use their best Pitcher(who caught last night).....Blaine Hashagen has a real good arm.  I look for BC to be quite aggressive on stealing today.  The BC team speed was a factor last night on assorted base running.

[/quote]
What was the deal with the delayed pitching style by all of the Huffman pitchers we saw lastnight?

[quote name="Critter" post="804445" timestamp="1274544755"]
[quote author=East TX link=topic=69790.msg804438#msg804438 date=1274542169]

[/quote]
What was the deal with the delayed pitching style by all of the Huffman pitchers we saw lastnight?
[/quote]

Every pitcher is delayed compared to how fast Matt works! lol

[quote name="BCgrad05" post="804452" timestamp="1274545843"]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=69790.msg804445#msg804445 date=1274544755]
[quote author=East TX link=topic=69790.msg804438#msg804438 date=1274542169]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Every pitcher is delayed compared to how fast Matt works! lol
[/quote]

Yeah your right!!!....lol.... I actually thought I saw Landry tell Hicks to slow down and watch Menard but I might be wrong..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder