BH Coach to retire

[quote name="GeeGanderdad" post="801432" timestamp="1273850595"]
You sure are right GCMPats,There was alot of "love" going on about the man.......I don't even know him but I'll tip my hat to him......I wonder how the trend would have been "IF" BH would have beat GCM......The hardest thing about being a baseball coach from little league to the big leagues is when your winning everybody loves you but when you lose,you are a no good for nothing,I dont know why they hired you,sorry sum a fitch...I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!GO GANDERS...
[/quote]

The man retired mainly for health reasons.....nothing to do w/ BH vs. GCM. Nothing to do with winning or losing. The man has done plenty of winning.

Not saying it had to do with BH GCM game just saying they should of left the man alone and stop bashing him thats all....Hate the skipper or not he still the skipper and us as parents need not bash him because it really gets in our kids head and the team don't play to the ability everyone knows they can...real talk....GO GANDERS....

I don't see much bashing going on.  A lot of these posts are thanking Gil for his service to BH and to the kids.  You Goose Creek folks just seem to want to stir the pot.  Everyone thought he was coming back next year until he announced it to us at the Sports Banquet that he was retiring.  NO ONE forced him out!!!!

[quote name="DaBears" post="803753" timestamp="1274380321"]
Doesnt matter who they decide on. As soon as he doesnt win state he will be persecuted.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say that. Stalbaum made it 23 years and left on his own terms without winning state and he wasn't persecuted.

[quote name="RIP09" post="803757" timestamp="1274381698"]
[quote author=DaBears link=topic=69642.msg803753#msg803753 date=1274380321]
Doesnt matter who they decide on. As soon as he doesnt win state he will be persecuted.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say that. Stalbaum made it 23 years and left on his own terms without winning state and he wasn't persecuted.
[/quote]

Kinda shoots holes in that statement doesn't it. How do so many "outsiders" know so much more about BH athletics, baseball in particular, than the folks associated with BH  ???

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="803763" timestamp="1274383562"]
[quote author=RIP09 link=topic=69642.msg803757#msg803757 date=1274381698]
[quote author=DaBears link=topic=69642.msg803753#msg803753 date=1274380321]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Kinda shoots holes in that statement doesn't it. How do so many "outsiders" know so much more about BH athletics, baseball in particular, than the folks associated with BH  ???
[/quote]

So true, thanks for the post!

Have not heard much on updates as applications go. When the football/AD job was open, the list of applicants was posted.  Hope they make a wise choice.  I guess the summer baseball (Connie Mack) will be starting, hope the have a new coach to watch some of the games to see whats coming up next year.  I heard a few kids are'nt playing.  Hate to hear that, the more you play with the kids you play HS ball with the better the team will be.  I guess some are looking at greater things and had such a good season, they don't need it.  Did hear that most key players are playing.

[quote name="BH0088" post="805452" timestamp="1274808594"]

Have not heard much on updates as applications go. When the football/AD job was open, the list of applicants was posted.  Hope they make a wise choice.  I guess the summer baseball (Connie Mack) will be starting, hope the have a new coach to watch some of the games to see whats coming up next year.   I heard a few kids are'nt playing.  Hate to hear that, the more you play with the kids you play HS ball with the better the team will be.  I guess some are looking at greater things and had such a good season, they don't need it.  Did hear that most key players are playing.
[/quote]

I've heard over 80 applicants. Several names that would make great choices.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics