1A Playoffs 2010

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
My predictions have held true thus far..I still believe that any area team to advance to state out of region 3 is going to have to defeat a very, very powerful Overton team.

[quote name="Burkeville Chronicle" post="802887" timestamp="1274178253"]
My predictions have held true thus far..I still believe that any area team to advance to state out of region 3 is going to have to defeat a very, very powerful Overton team.
[/quote]

Yes, i've heard that Overton looks pretty tough this year. The road will definately go through them.

Ive done some looking around on the internet on maxpreps.com and looked at schedules and scores from the different teams in the region 3 playoffs and then compare that to some of the teams ive seen play. Looks like all the scores reflect pitching. If this is indeed the case, looks like there is gonna be some tough games played in the next few weeks.

[quote name="Johnnyreb" post="803271" timestamp="1274276604"]
Ive done some looking around on the internet on maxpreps.com and looked at schedules and scores from the different teams in the region 3 playoffs and then compare that to some of the teams ive seen play. Looks like all the scores reflect pitching. If this is indeed the case, looks like there is gonna be some tough games played in the next few weeks.
[/quote]

Real tuff. Douglas has a pretty good one and if you make it to the next round Overton has several they can throw at you. The STATE CHAMPION will definately come out of Region 3.

Uh..not so sure about that. Overton has an incredible team..but, here are a few more things to ponder..REGION 1..Miles is the current state champion and although they struggled in Area, have been strong all year with perhaps the best one-two combination in state (both seniors..both committed to D1 schools). Hamlin has a lefty throwing in the low 90's and Clarendon hit 62 Home runs total this year..(These are stats I got from a buddy who lives,eats, sleeps 1A high school baseball..can't verify but I believe him!)  REGION 2...Bosqueville, Windthorst, and Axtel have great teams..all are very,very strong in pitching  REGION 4...Mart has incredible speed and a stud batting #3 and D'Hanis supposibly may have the best offense in 1A. Flatonia is also very good and very balanced.  So, I hope the state champion comes from Region 3..however, there is alot of baseball yet to be played. I love this time of year!!!!

[quote name="Burkeville Chronicle" post="803518" timestamp="1274318533"]
Uh..not so sure about that. Overton has an incredible team..but, here are a few more things to ponder..REGION 1..Miles is the current state champion and although they struggled in Area, have been strong all year with perhaps the best one-two combination in state (both seniors..both committed to D1 schools). Hamlin has a lefty throwing in the low 90's and Clarendon hit 62 Home runs total this year..(These are stats I got from a buddy who lives,eats, sleeps 1A high school baseball..can't verify but I believe him!)   REGION 2...Bosqueville, Windthorst, and Axtel have great teams..all are very,very strong in pitching  REGION 4...Mart has incredible speed and a stud batting #3 and D'Hanis supposibly may have the best offense in 1A. Flatonia is also very good and very balanced.  So, I hope the state champion comes from Region 3..however, there is alot of baseball yet to be played. I love this time of year!!!!
[/quote]

Good post Chronicle - lots of info I certainly had not heard.

Uh..not so sure about that. Overton has an incredible team..but, here are a few more things to ponder..REGION 1..Miles is the current state champion and although they struggled in Area, have been strong all year with perhaps the best one-two combination in state (both seniors..both committed to D1 schools). Hamlin has a lefty throwing in the low 90's and Clarendon hit 62 Home runs total this year..(These are stats I got from a buddy who lives,eats, sleeps 1A high school baseball..can't verify but I believe him!)   REGION 2...Bosqueville, Windthorst, and Axtel have great teams..all are very,very strong in pitching  REGION 4...Mart has incredible speed and a stud batting #3 and D'Hanis supposibly may have the best offense in 1A. Flatonia is also very good and very balanced.  So, I hope the state champion comes from Region 3..however, there is alot of baseball yet to be played. I love this time of year!!!!
[/quote]

That is a very good post Burkeville all of it seems to be true except I find the 62 home runs incredibly hard to believe unless they play on a 200' field. Thats an average of 7 per starting 9 players. If it is true and they play on an average field this would be an awesome achievement and should be on sportscenter!

Lol..I thought so too...I think two guys had 14 and 15 respectively..not sure..maybe it was 52...either way I do know that they have a very powerful lineup. Good luck to all area teams this weekend!

Guest The Shadow
[quote name="Burkeville Chronicle" post="803816" timestamp="1274400001"]
Lol..I thought so too...I think two guys had 14 and 15 respectively..not sure..maybe it was 52...either way I do know that they have a very powerful lineup. Good luck to all area teams this weekend!
[/quote]

Come on Coach Rose 62 Homeruns!? thats a little rediculous especially in a 1a. They have to be playing on a Tee-ball field or something really short, and if that kid that is throwing low 90's everyone would know about him. IMO

[quote name="The Shadow" post="803966" timestamp="1274448470"]
[quote author=Burkeville Chronicle link=topic=69501.msg803816#msg803816 date=1274400001]
[/quote]

Come on Coach Rose 62 Homeruns!? thats a little rediculous especially in a 1a. They have to be playing on a Tee-ball field or something really short, and if that kid that is throwing low 90's everyone would know about him. IMO

62 homeruns thats ridiculous . i heard their field is like 290 lol . but still not 62 homeruns . maxpreps says 31 homeruns as a team .  ;D

Guest Dwight
[quote name="evadalerebel4life" post="804017" timestamp="1274457960"]
[quote author=The Shadow link=topic=69501.msg803966#msg803966 date=1274448470]
[quote author=Burkeville Chronicle link=topic=69501.msg803816#msg803816 date=1274400001]
[/quote]

[b]62 homeruns thats ridiculous . i heard their field is like 290 lol . but still not 62 homeruns . maxpreps says 31 homeruns as a team .  ;D[/b]
[/quote]
Clarendon's stats aren't entered on maxpreps guy... ;).

I am not Coach Rose and a friend of mine told me those stats...so I did not verify them. He is very knowledgeable on 1a baseball though. Hell, I might as well be Coach Rose, everyone think I am..he gets a chuckle out of it btw when I do tell him.

Guest Super Trooper
[quote name="Burkeville Chronicle" post="804098" timestamp="1274468220"]
I am not Coach Rose and a friend of mine told me those stats...so I did not verify them. He is very knowledgeable on 1a baseball though. heck, I might as well be Coach Rose, everyone think I am..he gets a chuckle out of it btw when I do tell him.
[/quote]
You don't have to lie coach rose it's okay i promise everyone knows who you are on here lol.  ;D ..... When is the last time you took the [size=18pt]Green Hornet mudding?[/size]  ;D  , but those stats are pretty hard to believe but i guess ill take your word coach rose. I would love to see where he's getting these stats  ;D

[/quote]

I call bs, not on you but your friend, Like stated earlier everyone would know who the kid throwin 90 is, and obviously noones ever heard of him. 62 Hrs? I can maybe see this, if Clarendon played 40 games all on 250 ft fences. Just Sayin

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder