*Nederland vs. GCM Playoff Series....DOGS ADVANCE!!!!!!!!*

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good game dogs... dominate pitching by dogs. had them chasing all night. dogs scored 3 unearned runs in 1st. 2 out error by 3rd. was surprised they pulled Butler so early.. I know the score board said ned had 3 hits but really only 2....they gave a hit on a error by 1st....GCM had their chances in the 4th but left bases loaded...

I know it is coming by GCM fans so I will just go ahead and say it……
yes the student body of Nederland was rude - had a microphone(which is illegal) and was calling out players by numbers (which is also illegal)....making rude commits to adult fans....but what do you expect out of some 15 and 16 year olds... really don't know the game, and how to act.

the incident at the plate was handled great by ump.... ned kid was swinging then walked in front of the plate when the catcher was looking back kid at first... the catcher pushed the kid out of the way (which a smart catcher would have just thrown threw him making the kid already out)... the ned kid said some words to him... the catcher then pushed him away.....
ump called time and talked to both kids... no reason to throw them out..

after that great baseball....good game dogs and good luck in next round.

I wasn't over by the kids but if they were disrespectful in any way I apologize on behalf of Nederland fans. I believe there is a classy way to cheer your team on.  It was a great series on the players part. Good luck to GCM next year!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="8isgreat" post="799377" timestamp="1273289341"]
Is a home run an unearned run? That's how we scored the 3 in the first.
[/quote]

Yes. But all the runs were not "earned" because of the error.

Congrats Bulldogs! The best team clearly won. Bellow and Laird are as good as they come. No shame in losing to a potential State Finalist team. The GCM program took a step in the right direction this year. Looking forward to next season already.

As for your "rowdy"fans, heck, that's a part of being in the playoffs. That's the part I've been waiting for. It should not be an issue.

It was good to see some old friends. I really enjoy playing teams that I respect on and off the field. Well see ya'll in Beaumont when you're done.

Time to get healthy and enjoy the Summer baseball circuit.

Guest GCMPats
We felt that the ball that basically bounced over the first basenan's head could not be ruled and error because of the "bad hop". It was in no way a routine play.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="799385" timestamp="1273290187"]
[quote author=8isgreat link=topic=69471.msg799377#msg799377 date=1273289341]
Is a home run an unearned run? That's how we scored the 3 in the first.
[/quote]

Yes. But all the runs were not "earned" because of the error.

Congrats Bulldogs! The best team clearly won. Bellow and Laird are as good as they come. No shame in losing to a potential State Finalist team. The GCM program took a step in the right direction this year. Looking forward to next season already.

As for your "rowdy"fans, heck, that's a part of being in the playoffs. That's the part I've been waiting for. It should not be an issue.

It was good to see some old friends. I really enjoy playing teams that I respect on and off the field. Well see ya'll in Beaumont when you're done.

Time to get healthy and enjoy the Summer baseball circuit.
[/quote]

Come join us for the ride.

the student body for nederland are not the only ones at fault in showing "mean" behavior... some of the parents from gcm started telling us to move as soon as we got there and to pack our s*** and leave which might i add is very classy for an adult to say as well... if you cant handle people screaming and cheering as loud as possible at a game then don't play baseball and take up a quiet sport like golf... just cause we have home field advantage wherever we play doesn't make it wrong...

[quote name="GCMPats" post="799400" timestamp="1273292112"]
We felt that the ball that basically bounced over the first basenan's head could not be ruled and error because of the "bad hop". It was in no way a routine play.
[/quote]

I disagree completely. Not that it matters but the ball didn't bounce over his head. It was a routine play. No way that ball should get into the outfield. At worst you knock down. It went right past him about waste high. He tried to glove it instead of getting in front of the ball. A guy sitting next to me made the comment " If I'm Butler I throw the next pitch into the pressbox if they score that one a hit." The play by your 3rd baseman in the 1st inning that was ruled an error with him making the play in front of SS was more difficult than the play at first.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476