Memorial Field Turf

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost done. They're going through the last stages now. 3000 yds of sod removed.The new drainage system is down. The field has been laser graded. The plastic cover is in place to deny grass regrowth. Now they're on the second level (3 levels) of rocks that will drain the water off then the carpet goes down. MT logo midfield and red endzones with MEMORIAL and TITANS. It's all supposed to be done by May 16. The spring game will be played on it.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="798320" timestamp="1273116911"]
Good field for my Jags to pound the Titans to the ground... ;D ;D
[/quote] ::) Please soulja, luck was on your side on the opening kickoff, not this time. If you would like you can see my team for the first time today in spring practice. ;D :D 8)

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="799741" timestamp="1273380227"]
I know if I could get an email address for Coach Harrison that I could get it, but the PAISD website leaves something to be desired on that end.
[/quote] :D been that way since it opened IMO

I heard they were going with field turf because installing grass every year was getting expensive.  Every spring they would catch the cheerleaders grazing on the grass, so putting in field turf will save them money.

Visiting my parents Sunday I stopped and looked at the field.  It has the white tarp on it, so really could not see much. Thats the first time I been back at the H.S. in 15 years.  Brought back lots of memories. 

What are they going to use the school for now?  It's got a huge Gym and Auditorium?

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="800010" timestamp="1273497048"]
Visiting my parents Sunday I stopped and looked at the field.  It has the white tarp on it, so really could not see much. Thats the first time I been back at the H.S. in 15 years.  Brought back lots of memories. 

What are they going to use the school for now?  It's got a huge Gym and Auditorium?
[/quote]It's not a white tarp, it's two layers of rocks for drainage. I'm expecting the carpet to go down soon maybe by the end of this week or the begining of next week. They did put the new goal post up the saturday though. The old high school is being totally refurbished to become T.J.MS. with a home team lockeroom.

[quote name="OldSkool97" post="800076" timestamp="1273510724"]
can someone post some pics for us who cant go by and see it ourselves?
[/quote]I have been trying but my pics are to large to post, if someone could give me some advice I would post them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83