19-4A Team to beat

Guest rambleonus

[quote name="kpwinner2010" post="789663" timestamp="1271182858"]
its kp's fault no lie, but im just sayin wat have crosby hitters done against good pitching?
[/quote]

Well they have faced everyone's ace and have lost 2 district games. The King game was an error fest but still a loss. Who did KP pitch the first game? Are you saying that all the teams that they have beat have thrown their #4 starter? Wow, I guess Crosby is one lucky team to face all the poor pitching to win games. Well at least they are they only team to hang [b]2[/b] district losses on KP. Just lucky I guess!! Hopefully everyone keeps throwing their JV guys agaisnt them as you are suggesting.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jeter" post="789302" timestamp="1271108042"]
[quote author=RIP09 link=topic=68467.msg789231#msg789231 date=1271098058]
Rambleonus and BH0088,

I was going to post on the other thread about the MVP not coming from a 3rd or 4th place team but they locked the thread. Anyway you guys have short memories, our 19-4A Co-MVPs came from 3rd place Crosby and 4th place C.E. King last year. Trust me, it can happen and it did. ;D
[/quote]Big difference Illijah Short was the best athlete in the district with one of the best batting averages.  He beat teams with his stick,speed and could play any position on the field.  Every team in this district I'm sure thinks they have MVP'S (plural) on their respective teams. There are alot of good players in this district. But he is doing a great job and I was impressed with his composre when we played them.  Keep up the hard work.
[/quote]

The kid was a descent player but not the MVP come on!
BH had the best pitcher who had 1 district loss
BH also had the best hitter with 7 long balls and a 390 BA in district
What they did not have was there coach pushing for them

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="mustang32" post="789711" timestamp="1271190880"]
[quote author=jeter link=topic=68467.msg789302#msg789302 date=1271108042]
Rambleonus and BH0088,

I was going to post on the other thread about the MVP not coming from a 3rd or 4th place team but they locked the thread. Anyway you guys have short memories, our 19-4A Co-MVPs came from 3rd place Crosby and 4th place C.E. King last year. Trust me, it can happen and it did. ;D
[/quote]Big difference Illijah Short was the best athlete in the district with one of the best batting averages.  He beat teams with his stick,speed and could play any position on the field.  Every team in this district I'm sure thinks they have MVP'S (plural) on their respective teams. There are alot of good players in this district. But he is doing a great job and I was impressed with his composre when we played them.  Keep up the hard work.
[/quote]

[/quote]

If I recall correctly, not one of those selections was unamimous. So in reality the MVP could have been elected with 2 votes TOTAL.

Short was somewhat of a suprise to me too, but you could justify his selection by the coaches. He probably had the most VALUE to his team than any other player. It's not the Most Valuable Winning Player.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="789724" timestamp="1271192320"]
[quote author=mustang32 link=topic=68467.msg789711#msg789711 date=1271190880]
[quote author=jeter link=topic=68467.msg789302#msg789302 date=1271108042]
Rambleonus and BH0088,

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I recall correctly, not one of those selections was unamimous. So in reality the MVP could have been elected with 2 votes TOTAL.

Short was somewhat of a suprise to me too, but you could justify his selection by the coaches. [b]He probably had the most VALUE to his team than any other player[/b]. It's not the Most Valuable Winning Player.
[/quote]

It's also not a TEAM MVP we're talking about. I would think District MVP would go to the best player in the district. I do agree he was King's team MVP, but not the best player in the district. If a player can get this award with only 2 of 8 votes then something is wrong with the system. I would think a majority would be a must. I personally don't know for sure how it works. But if that is the case, it would explain how this could happen.

[quote name="mustang32" post="789711" timestamp="1271190880"] to post on the other thread about the MVP not
[/quote]I thought Barbers Hill also had at a couple of kids that made it that should not have because I know of kids that had better seasons at that position. But I do agree with you about the MVP last year I thought it should have went to Colby or Jay but the coaches vote we don't and my opinion really doesn't matter.I'm sure this year some of the picks will be shockers also.

So who is the team to Beat ?  Is it CE King ?  They some how find a way to win here lately.  As far as the MVP , the kid from GCM that has hit 10 homers and seems to have a pretty high batting avg. is looking to be a good canidate.  I'm sure a lot of teams have who they feel should be.  BH has 2 boy's batting well over .400 in district and over .400 for the season as well,  I'm sure most teams have kids doing the same that you could argue for.  Right now individual stuff really does not mean much when there is a playoff race going on.  It seems Crosby, GP, KWP are in good shape.  CEK, GCM, and BH for #4 thru #6 will be the race for the final spot. The start of the second half of district has been pretty crazy.

[quote name="rambleonus" post="788794" timestamp="1270935739"]
Not trying to put any pressure on them but BH is now the team to beat in 19-4A.
[/quote]

Pretty bold statement for a team with that many losses in district!! I think they have a good young team with some talent but I still think they need to win out just to get in. I think they will be strong the next two years but this year is going to be tough for them to get to the playoffs, not saying they cant, just that they are going to need help.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="TEL" post="790327" timestamp="1271284943"]
[quote author=rambleonus link=topic=68467.msg788794#msg788794 date=1270935739]
Not trying to put any pressure on them but BH is now the team to beat in 19-4A.
[/quote]

Pretty bold statement for a team with that many losses in district!! I think they have a good young team with some talent but I still think they need to win out just to get in. I think they will be strong the next two years but this year is going to be tough for them to get to the playoffs, not saying they cant, just that they are going to need help.
[/quote]

No. Seriously. They are the best team in 19-4A. Rambo would never try and pull the wool over anyone's eye's. ;)

Guest rambleonus
[quote name="houston10" post="790772" timestamp="1271372340"]
nice there are more ball players unheard of. Cole from king just got on fire, there 2nd basemens signed and jones, cole, johnson, and t-ro are all doing well.
[/quote]

uugh....what?

Guest dcole016
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="791057" timestamp="1271436661"]
[quote author=houston10 link=topic=68467.msg790772#msg790772 date=1271372340]
nice there are more ball players unheard of. Cole from king just got on fire, there 2nd basemens signed and jones, cole, johnson, and t-ro are all doing well.
[/quote]

Who's on first  ???
[/quote]

Well, it varies day to day and who we play. But usually Tyler Petty starts. On occasion, Trvor Robertson (T-Ro) will play there for more... "agility" etc.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Kingfan2010" post="791093" timestamp="1271440856"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=68467.msg791057#msg791057 date=1271436661]
[quote author=houston10 link=topic=68467.msg790772#msg790772 date=1271372340]
[/quote]

Who's on first  ???
[/quote]

Well, it varies day to day and who we play. But usually Tyler Petty starts. On occasion, Trvor Robertson (T-Ro) will play there for more... "agility" etc.
[/quote]

Really? ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami