*Vidor @ Nederland/Nederland wins 5-0

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GTBaseball47" post="785345" timestamp="1270171927"]
[quote author=Gtj007 link=topic=68027.msg785334#msg785334 date=1270171540]
Yeah. But they hitting Hester.  He's far from automatic tonight.
[/quote]
I sort of feel for Hester. This should go down as Green's goof up, not Hester's.
[/quote]
i agree, this is Greens goof up

Guest JoesBros
How you yall not know that Vidor would of still made 5 errors even if Hester started tonight??? That was the difference in this game. Errors in the field by the Pirates and Bellow pitching lights out. So dont throw critsim at Coach Green for not starting Hester. Trae had went way over the limit on his last outing against PNG and maybe he is also thinking about the kid's future and left arm.

Green's strategy actually worked out as planned. Armstrong pitched 3 1/2 scoreless innings..two runners got on base due to errors.Armstrong walks one and the bases are loaded.Hester comes in gives up a hit and 2 runs score..next inning :another error , a few hits and another score..On top of that Kirby is still pitching a no hitter..There is nothing  a coach can do about that.
  Hester's pitch count was up against PNG and he didnt want to put Trae in that situation again tonight.He wants Hester on the Tuesday rotation, and he was more concerned about a kids future and his arm instead of a win..
Armstrong did his job and gave up no runs against a good nederland team. you take away the errors and you have a better ball game..It dont matter who you pitched ,when you have a kid who throws a no hitter against you what can you do? Kirby had a great game and Vidor had some errors..
saying it was the coaches mess up is wrong..Atleast he cares more about his players and there arm then a win..but regardless Kirby was way too much tonight for any team around here.

[quote name="JoesBros" post="785428" timestamp="1270177156"]
How you yall not know that Vidor would of still made 5 errors even if Hester started tonight??? That was the difference in this game. Errors in the field by the Pirates and Bellow pitching lights out. So dont throw critsim at Coach Green for not starting Hester. Trae had went way over the limit on his last outing against PNG and maybe he is also thinking about the kid's future and left arm.
[/quote]

If that is why he didnt start him, then that is good by him, but He wasnt to worried at png about his arm , when he let him throw well over 100 pitches that night. I believe he let him throw rt at 135

Guest JoesBros
Well maybe if he took him out at PNG they would of lost that game and the last thing you need in this district is 3 losses in a row. You have PNG,Nederland,Livingston,and Lumberton at home on Tuesaday's now and you would want Trae to pitch those games.

Totally disagree with not starting Hester. You start him against the best.

If Green is worried about Hester's arm, then where was the concern for it when Hester was pitching complete games in tournament games which really don't matter. ::)

And why pitch him at all tonight if you are saving him for Tuesday's start?

Just doesn't make much sense to me.

A definite topic for discussion come Monday night. ;)

I love these wanna be coaches who think they know what's best for a team," I woulda did this."," I woulda did that." You guys crack me up. Aggie, how do you think you know more than coach Green about his own team. You have no clue of whats going on, so for you to second guess a coach who had his team in first place going into tonite is silly. How smart do you look if you start Hester he gives up 1 run and then Bellows throws a no no, now you've burned Trae for  a must win Livingston. Keep your day job buddy!  PS...... I'm sure Green will lose no sleep over you not agreeing with his decision to not start Hester.

Did Armstrong even give up a base hit? Vidor def. holds steady and does not make 5 Es Armstrong might carry a no-hitter into the 5th....Green can not get out on the field and play the game he can only coach it ..Hester was not Hester last night ..And give Bellow some credit he had his good stuff , no matter who pitched for Vidor Kirb was hard to deal with...But I guess it is Greens fault that Vidor did not hit ...Green had a plan and it was going good until the E's in the 3rd ...Hats off to Bellow and the Bulldogs for playing a great def. game ...And good job on some timely hitting Pitts..Nice when that DH hits in situations like that one....And last of all....Everybody can bash Coach Green but without him Vidor is just the same old Vidor ...He has turned that program completly around from what it was ...Keep up the good work and go beat P.N.G ..

[IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r63/adminbaberuth/bell0w.jpg[/img]

[b]Nederland's Bellow nabs second straight no-no[/b]
By RYAN S. CLARK
April 1, 2010
Posted: April 1, 2010, 10:05 PM CDT 

If throwing a no-hitter against Central last week was a confidence booster, then there's no telling what the latest no-hitter could mean for Nederland pitcher Kirby Bellow.

The Texas signee played it off, but there was no ignoring his latest feat. Bellow used a 13-strikeout effort to throw his second consecutive no-hitter in 5-0 win against Vidor on Thursday. Nederland is now 5-1 district while Vidor falls to 4-2.

"Throwing a no-hitter is nice, but there are still things I need to work on," said Bellow, who has now thrown three no-hitters in the last two seasons. "Coach (Cody) Robbins has been working with me on a few things. I'm getting my confidence back but this was more about our team. Yeah, I got 13 strikeouts, but my teammates got the other outs. If its not for them, we don't win."

Bellow's performance was complemented by a three-run fourth inning Nederland used to take the lead. Nederland added two more runs in the fifth for a comfortable 5-0 lead.

read more > http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/local/nederland_s_bellow_nabs_second_straight_no-no.html

these comments bashing coach green's decisions crack me up. it reminds me of little league baseball dads that sit in the stands questioning every decision the coach makes. they don't have the guts (or other things i won't mention) to take on the responsibility of being a coach, but want to gripe and pile on when things don't go their way. the pirates lost a game against a kid on his way to a major division 1 school who dropped a no hitter on them. i'll give the coach the benefit of doubt on this one. he knows a lot more about the situation than i do.....although i can hold my own.

Guest JoesBros
I said it once and I will say it again. YOU CAN NOT WIN A GAME WITH 5 ERRORS!!!!!!!!  You will not win a game when you cant get a hit off of an exceptional pitcher like Kirby Bellow. Those two reasons were the deciding factors in this game last night and it has nothing to do with Trae Hester not starting.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami