Thomas another in the WO-S talent pool

West Orange-Stark has a long history of producing top-notch college prospects.

From Deon Beasley and Earl Thomas to James Haynes to the Franks trio of Kerry, Jacoby, and Trey, college coaches have tapped into the 3A program for big-time playmakers.

Justin Thomas is already hearing from a handful of schools.
In 2011, Reggie Garrett and Mark Roberts are already attracting attention, and Justin Thomas is beginning to see things pick up in the 2012 class.

At 5-8, 160 pounds, Thomas has worked both sides of the ball, and while working at cornerback has gone against some of the best competition around.

"We've just got good people all around," Thomas said. "People like Trey Franks and Mark Roberts, and you've got to compete with them every day and they just make you better."

He is expected to play both ways in 2010, but when it comes to the field there is one place he feels most at home.

"I'm kind of liking cornerback now," he said. "I like just hitting and being physical with the receivers."

He has already attended the Schuman National Underclassman Combine at Spring Westfield and is looking into attending an Under Armour Combine as well as the Schuman Ultimate 100 Combine.

As far as colleges go he is keeping an open mind but would like to attend camps at Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, and LSU this summer.

He is starting to receive some interest from Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M, and has discussed attending the same school as one of his current teammates.

"Me and Mark Roberts, we're talking about going to the same college," he said. "I'm not getting as much (attention). He's getting a whole lot of colleges looking at him."

Currently Thomas is competing with the West Orange-Stark track team and has been enjoying the success.

"I'm first leg on the 4x1," Thomas said. "We're doing pretty good so far. We've won every track meet except this one last night. Sometimes I run the 4x2, the third leg."

On the football field he is looking to add some bulk to his frame, and continue the long history of success at West Orange-Stark by adding a state championship ring to his list of accomplishments.

[quote name="skipper" post="782961" timestamp="1269699031"]
aggie  i said i was not sure, i am with the program  lol.when you get the chance to watch him run in a track meet let me know what you think .[b]PS dont belive everything you read  [/b] lol
[/quote]

Don't believe everything you read, huh. I take that into consideration everytime I read one of your posts. ;)

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="WO-S 89" post="783052" timestamp="1269714752"]
The topic is about Thomas not skipper and AggiesWeAre fighting.
[/quote]

Good One WO-S 89.. .... :D

[quote name="BBDad" post="784207" timestamp="1269983570"]
[quote author=td link=topic=67627.msg784189#msg784189 date=1269979871]
Where did my post go?
[/quote]

Where do you think it went?  Does it surprise you?  And FYI...I agreed with you.  Envy is not a good thing.
[/quote]

I know where it went. I just thought the person that deleted it might at least own up to it. I guess not.

[quote name="cooligan" post="784740" timestamp="1270062338"]
Wow! If the Big 12 is recruiting a 5' 8" 160lb player he must be able to run a 4.2 40 with a 42" vertical. Can't say I've seen him play. He will definitely have to be able to take a pounding at the next level. 
[/quote]

Well, lets see how many WOS players were too small to do anything at the next level (In no particular order)...... Kevin Smith,Kerry franks, Jacoby Franks,Trey Franks, Deon Beasly, Earl thomas, and about 30 more.....

Can you forward me the height and weight of those 35 - 40 players that went on to the next level and played in the Big 12 ? I would like to research them. Or please forward me those that you are aware of and what school's they actually attended. Just curious. Thanks   

Hey WOS fans, it's getting about that time.  Go ahead and throw out "we are going to wins state this year."  May very well do it now that you got a TOP NOTCHED A.D.    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;)

Yeah, I am getting warmed up for the summer smack!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lufunom123
    Newest Member
    lufunom123