Returning players for Nederland and thoughts?

[quote name="mcdonajp" post="779846" timestamp="1269159721"]
What starters does Nederland have coming back along with JV players filling in?  Also, thoughts and opinions on upcoming season?
[/quote]Kemp..Sonnier..Forney..Smith..Jones..Dial..Brown..Alpo..H.Butler..B.Butler..Salenga..Delord..Schlette...Two other lineman can't think of the names...I know the entire secondary is back with two linebackers...I know we have Brice Forey back also a line backer and Jacob Richard who will contribute to both sides on the line....The J.V team was pretty good last year ...Colby Richard had a pretty good season on J.V..The freshman team lost one game I am sure there will be some soph. on varsity. ..I know I left some kids off ....this is off the top of my head.

I think the big question at Nederland for next year is who starts under Center?

Two good options. Not a bad problem to have!

I would have to go with Forney after the way he led the team at the end of the season. But if he can help you more elsewhere because you have an established QB to step in (Smith) it creates a delima.

[quote name="badndn" post="781885" timestamp="1269536331"]

I would have to go with Forney after the way he led the team at the end of the season. But if he can help you more elsewhere because you have an established QB to step in (Smith) it creates a delima.
[/quote]I understand Sonnier has been working nothing but QB :o I figured this would happen..But it would be hard to take him from the safety pos. He would be a great spread QB..You never know with That nederland coaching staff ..

[quote name="heartattack90" post="782217" timestamp="1269600305"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=67595.msg781885#msg781885 date=1269536331]

[/quote]I understand Sonnier has been working nothing but QB :o I figured this would happen..But it would be hard to take him from the safety pos. He would be a great spread QB..You never know with That nederland coaching staff ..
[/quote]

You're right. That nederland coaching staff will definitely put the team in the best position to win. It will be a nice "problem" to have if they can put several different players in several different positions.

without a doubt dionte needs to be the qb sonnier cant throw now if you want to try and run. for a couple of yards maybe so but no comparison at the qb spot dionte by a landslide. if anyone else takes the snaps it should be tyler smith but i think he would rather play baseball did anyone attend big neds games this year?????

Guest Penny
Most teams in this area would love to have a T. Sonnier taking snaps.  He'll be one of the best athletes in the district.  He has a strong arm... that's why he plays shortstop on one of the areas best baseball teams.  With reps he could be very good.  I doubt he will be needed there as he's too valuable at db/wr... but for some reason the Ned staff may be gun shy about going into camp with only two Qb's... not sure why that would be.

[quote name="Penny" post="783414" timestamp="1269823637"]
but for some reason the Ned staff may be gun shy about going into camp with only two Qb's... not sure why that would be.
[/quote]
Maybe because QBs have been dropping like flies over their in Nederland lately.

As long as Neumann and company are returning, I like our chances. Taken into consideration all the injuries Ned faced, and still securing a playoff spot speaks volumes for the job done by the coaching staff. Would of been real easy to fold up the tent. IMO, Neumann and company did as good a coaching job as anyone.

[quote name="silly365" post="783312" timestamp="1269797233"]
without a doubt dionte needs to be the qb sonnier cant throw now if you want to try and run. for a couple of yards maybe so but no comparison at the qb spot dionte by a landslide. if anyone else takes the snaps it should be tyler smith but i think he would rather play baseball did anyone attend big neds games this year?????
[/quote]You better go to a power "I"....Dionte way to slow for the spread and I promise Sonniers arm is just as strong if not stronger than Diontes... Smith has a very strong arm also...Dionte needs to be a def. end ;)..Sonnier needs to be in the secondary ...We will see.

• 1 month later...
i look for mixed packages using both smith and forney.. Barrow generally has a few new plays every year and the last couple of season has been no exception. look for some spread, some power formations, some wildcat. I am sure he will mix it up quite a bit..

[quote name="BaseBow" post="784963" timestamp="1270111812"]
[quote author=silly365 link=topic=67595.msg783312#msg783312 date=1269797233]
[/quote]You better go to a power "I"....Dionte way to slow for the spread and I promise Sonniers arm is just as strong if not stronger than Diontes... Smith has a very strong arm also...Dionte needs to be a def. end ;)..Sonnier needs to be in the secondary ...We will see.
[/quote]
I do believe yall were still in the spread last year when dionte took over the position and resurrected Nederland's season. So why is it now yall need to change the offence if he is the QB.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83