Track and Field Star-Watch

Now that basketball season is over in Woodville, track season begins for one of the best athletes in our area, Calib Hadnot. Hadnot, who has already signed to play football at SFA, is ready to put the spikes on and show the state of Texas his speed. I've seen this guy run track last year, and play football, basketball, and baseball this season. He is a pure athlete with ridiculous speed. I know it's a little biased because I've watched him perform so much this year but I look for him to do some crazy things in track this season. Coldspring is the first meet for him and we'll see what he does. Any other guys to look out for this track season?

Too many to list.  Also, depends on what you qualify as a Star.  Are you talking about state qualifier, district champ, or possilbe college athlete?

IMO: Here are a few stars:  A'lexus Brannon OZEN TJ, LJ, HURDLES; Trey Franks WOS Sprints/Relays; Phillips Jones Sprints/Hurdles; Jeremy Johnson Silsbee Jumps(If he even competes).

Also, it is way to early to be saying who is a star.  Go back and look at Local State Qualifiers from last year (on this forum) that will be a good measure for people to look out for.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="774969" timestamp="1268281003"]
Matthew Viverette (BH) will be pushing a low 39 in the 300m hurdles before season is over.  Should win region 3 4A.
[/quote]

looked very strong in the 300s last week. He was very good last year as well. Probably could've gone to state last year if not for LaCour and Casey. I'm glad for him to have another shot this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami