FT Bend Bush/Bellaire Updates/ BUSH HITs BUZZER BEATER, DEFEATS #1 BELLAIRE!!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="772665" timestamp="1267944861"]
[quote author=homeless link=topic=66955.msg772664#msg772664 date=1267944561]
Bellaire got the calls or rather the no-calls the whole game, and still lost. Bush fans got really rowdy on some of the worst ones. Bellaire outcoached....again (yawn). One D1 recruit didn't even start. #5 started instead. Humongous mistake.  And when that D1 came off the bench, they used the wrong matchup. Another big mistake. Sebastian #33 allows the other team to control tempo. Very undisciplined (but athletic & talented) player. This is a coaching issue. Bellaire wins when they have a huge talent advantage, when they merely have a big talent advantage, that cannot overcome coaching disadvantage (like Lancaster game). Bush controlled tempo. McClellan NEVER gets enough touches when they play a well-coached team. Tobi either. They almost never run a two-man game with McClellan-Tobi. Huge coaching issue ALL SEASON LONG. There is a reason they underperform.
[/quote]

So we can assume that you don't like the Bellaire coach. ;)
[/quote] I like him just fine. Coach Glove is a nice guy. I was commenting on his coaching ability for the last decade or so with recent examples. In fact, some of this I mentioned on a different thread here just week or two ago. Cannot remember if I outright picked Bush to beat them or not, but actually woulda been surprised if Bellaire had won.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="772252" timestamp="1267911401"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=66955.msg772248#msg772248 date=1267911316]
Where are u BLUE. ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Blue is taking a vacation.
[/quote]Forced vacation :( Anyway Catman, I told you I didn't feel comfortable about Bellaire during regionals. and it happened!

The last 3 minutes of the game I watched Bellaire Coach make three of the worse basketball calls I have ever seen.

First bad call was going into stall ball when your team had gained the momentum and a little rhythm.  They finally had Bush winded and making mistakes, then he stalled and allowed them to rest.  And the fact that he stalled ball with the game tied is foolish and only allowed his team to get one shot... Stall when you are ahead...

Second with about thirty seconds left he call a timeout when one of his players was going in for a lay-up because he wanted to last shot! WOW!!! The 6'10" soph had the entire Bellaire team scared to go into the lane the entire game.  Guys were throwing the ball too high, short handing shots, and getting them blocked when they went to the paint.  The first open lay-up in the second half with the big guy out of the lane and he called a TO without a lead! I told Walt after that I bet they get a jump shot or a contested lay-up that they wont make!! And that is exactly what happenned!

Third, he went man on a under-the-basket out of bounds play with 1 second left on the clock!!!  EVERYBODY knows that he should have been in a zone!! And the gave up a last second shot and lost!

That may have been the worse last three minutes of game calling I have ever seen!

Oh! And last thing... That Texas Tech signee for Bellaire is over-rated, he should be in the Southland!  Bush had a kid that was going bald and had a 5 o' clock shadow!!!  The Strake fans would chant, "Grandpa, grandpa!" everytime he touched the ball Friday night.  It did not help that he also had an old school game!!  He had perfected the extinct art of the mid range jumper!

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="773104" timestamp="1268056886"]
The last 3 minutes of the game I watched Bellaire Coach make three of the worse basketball calls I have ever seen.

First bad call was going into stall ball when your team had gained the momentum and a little rhythm.  They finally had Bush winded and making mistakes, then he stalled and allowed them to rest.  And the fact that he stalled ball with the game tied is foolish and only allowed his team to get one shot... Stall when you are ahead...

Second with about thirty seconds left he call a timeout when one of his players was going in for a lay-up because he wanted to last shot! WOW!!! The 6'10" soph had the entire Bellaire team scared to go into the lane the entire game.  Guys were throwing the ball too high, short handing shots, and getting them blocked when they went to the paint.  The first open lay-up in the second half with the big guy out of the lane and he called a TO without a lead! I told Walt after that I bet they get a jump shot or a contested lay-up that they wont make!! And that is exactly what happenned!

Third, he went man on a under-the-basket out of bounds play with 1 second left on the clock!!!  EVERYBODY knows that he should have been in a zone!! And the gave up a last second shot and lost!

That may have been the worse last three minutes of game calling I have ever seen!

[/quote]And one of several reasons why I was uncomfortable picking Bellaire to go past regionals. Those guys have/had an incrediible team.

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="773104" timestamp="1268056886"]

[/quote]
You left out the biggest mistake at the end of all: Kene on the bench while #5 stayed on the court. Note that #5 was the closest player to the scorer, but Kene is 6" or 7" taller and a TON wider....and a great leaper.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder