SO WHATS NEXT??

Guest coachacola
I think Roc gets one more year with all the freshmen coming in.  But still, this is a young team and young teams generally improve as the season goes along.  Has anyone seen any improvement?  It looks like they got worse.  They'll probably end with a 7-game losing streak.  Tubbs can't be happy with that.

Good Freshman coming in???  With the way the season ended what would make those incoming Freshman want to come to LU????  Go get a coach that has a name and that people want to play for, someone who has some name recognition and someone that will bring in better players than what LU is bringing in........................maybe Lamar should CHEAT...........pay some players, bring in some real thugs, bring in the troubled players that nobody wants to take a chance on, do something!!!!!!!  This SUCKS!!!!!!  Missed about 10 home games this season..........well on my way to giving up front row seats at the Montagne unless something changes real soon!!!!!

Guest coachacola
I don't think Lamar wants to spend the money for a coach that has a name.  That's why Roc is the coach now and probably why he'll be the coach next year too.  The question is how long will Tubbs let Roc grow into the job?  I think the only way Roc gets canned this year if some big dollar donor ponies up the money to bring in a guy like Gillipsie.

I think it is 50/50 that he is back next year.  If I'm Roc I would be putting my name out there as an assistant with a bigger program.  Maybe he'll take a hike before he gets fired.  I have been a big Roc supporter in the past, but I'm totally disappointed in the state of our basketball program.  I'm ready for a change and waiting another year will just prolong the agony.  I think it is time to make a move.

[quote name="coachacola" post="770698" timestamp="1267734578"]
I think Roc gets one more year with all the freshmen coming in.  But still, this is a young team and young teams generally improve as the season goes along.  Has anyone seen any improvement?  It looks like they got worse.  They'll probably end with a 7-game losing streak.  Tubbs can't be happy with that.
[/quote]The Freshmen are not showing anything to get excited about. The team will be worse next year. I like Roc, but he is not getting it done.

I think Roc gets one more year.  That said, I think he's doomed.

The reality is that this team actually ended up better than I thought they'd be, winning five conference games after they were pushed to the wire by a Division 3 school they ought to beat by 40 (La. College).  But our best player is leaving (without whom I don't think we win more than four or five games all year), and there is nothing to replace him.

In reality, is there anyone on the current roster that should be a starter, even in the Southland?  Maybe Miles if you surround him with good players.  Brown and Minor have some skills and are young enough to develop into useful players, but I don't think they'll be anything special.  We need an upgrade at all five positions, and only Kyser and Lynch look like they might have that kind of skill coming in.  (And given that we seem to "lose" our top prospect every year--Nuno, for example--there's no guarantee these guys will actually end up at LU).  We just don't have scorers, and you've got to have scorers to win...

How does this team really think it can go .500 next year losing Nabors?

I'm just frustrated as h*** with Roc's moves.  Harris doesn't play for 2/3rds of the season... then he's starting?  Minor's PT has been erratic.  We haven't had an outside shooting threat since Curry Todd.  Roc's married to dribble-penetrate even when he doesn't have the players to do it.  We bring in JuCo guys with limited eligibility... then don't play them.  The doghouse seems deep and random--guys go from getting tons of playing time to getting none.

I think he gets another year... injuries have just decimated the roster over the past two years, and that's not his fault.  We were thin at forward this year, and Hall's injury really made it tough.  But unless he has one h*** of a recruiting haul, or I see a lot more out of guys like Harper, Wesley, et al., especially on the offensive end, I don't think there's much hope. 

[font=Courier]You will get to see Lancaster PG Tre Lynch in Austin. He is supposed to be pretty dang good. Chose LU over some DI schools like WKU & TCU. Maybe he can start right away, IDK.

I saw Harper a few years go in Austin when SA Madison made the state tourney. Wasn't impressed then and not impressed now.

Milk Harris has been a BIG disappointment after showing some promise early.

If Rice can keep their football commitments, then LU will keep theirs. I wouldn't worry too much about that.
[/font]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami