Just Wondering??

HJ has the tougher match up,

Although.........

Silsbee, who has been sluggish the last 3 games, has to beat WOS for the third time this year.  Not an easy task.  Other than the Orangefield debacle, WOS has been on a roll as of late.

Kountze should match up well with New Waverly.  I think Kountze should come out the winner on this one.

One thing about HJ is that they are so easily underestimated.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="768404" timestamp="1267405530"]

Although.........

Silsbee, who has been sluggish the last 3 games, has to beat WOS for the third time this year.  Not an easy task.  Other than the Orangefield debacle, WOS has been on a roll as of late.

Kountze should match up well with New Waverly.  I think Kountze should come out the winner on this one.

[/quote]How come HJ is underestimated with the track record that they have.

[quote name="court side" post="768489" timestamp="1267417013"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=66682.msg768404#msg768404 date=1267405530]

Although.........

[/quote]Just watch them in warmups.  They don't have anywhere near the "style or flash" that other teams show.  Or the height and jumping ability.  When I watch them warm up, and then watch the other teams (aka Kountze and Silsbee), part of me wonders "how in the world we can keep up with these guys".  The fans from other teams have expressed the same feeling.

The players got to feel the same thing.

Let's also look at Cleveland.  Returning all their starters (except for the guy that bailed to Kingwood (or Atoscacita... whatever).  Meanwhile HJ loses their leading scorer.  That spells trouble for HJ, in the minds of the Cleveland players.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="FanintheStands" post="768556" timestamp="1267455266"]
[quote author=court side link=topic=66682.msg768489#msg768489 date=1267417013]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=66682.msg768404#msg768404 date=1267405530]

Although.........

[/quote]Just watch them in warmups.  They don't have anywhere near the "style or flash" that other teams show.  Or the height and jumping ability.  When I watch them warm up, and then watch the other teams (aka Kountze and Silsbee), part of me wonders "how in the world we can keep up with these guys".  The fans from other teams have expressed the same feeling.

[b]The players got to feel the same thing.[/b]

Let's also look at Cleveland.  Returning all their starters (except for the guy that bailed to Kingwood (or Atoscacita... whatever).  Meanwhile HJ loses their leading scorer.  That spells trouble for HJ, in the minds of the Cleveland players.
[/quote]

No, the HJ players don't feel the same thing.  The HJ Coaches will not let the HJ team beat itself with negative attitude.  If HJ loses it will have been a war - not because they were intimidated by the other team.

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="768559" timestamp="1267455583"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=66682.msg768556#msg768556 date=1267455266]

Although.........

[/quote]

No, the HJ players don't feel the same thing.  The HJ Coaches will not let the HJ team beat itself with negative attitude.  If HJ loses it will have been a war - not because they were intimidated by the other team.
[/quote]I'm sorry.  I didn't mean the HJ team.  Those kids don't let nothing intimidate them.  I remember in 2007, when they made their state run, their average deficit in their 6 (or 7) play-off games was something like 14 points.  That's a mountain of a deficit that you've got to climb out of each game.

What I meant was, [u][b]the other team's players[/b][/u], like Cleveland, have got to feel that they can beat these guys up and down the court.

It's always funny how, what I THINK I'm saying, and what actually comes out, can be two entirely different things!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="FanintheStands" post="768568" timestamp="1267456324"]
[quote author=tigersvoice link=topic=66682.msg768559#msg768559 date=1267455583]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=66682.msg768556#msg768556 date=1267455266]

Although.........

[/quote]

[/quote]I'm sorry.  I didn't mean the HJ team.  Those kids don't let nothing intimidate them.  I remember in 2007, when they made their state run, their average deficit in their 6 (or 7) play-off games was something like 14 points.  That's a mountain of a deficit that you've got to climb out of each game.

What I meant was, [u][b]the other team's players[/b][/u], like Cleveland, have got to feel that they can beat these guys up and down the court.

It's always funny how, what I THINK I'm saying, and what actually comes out, can be two entirely different things!
[/quote]

Thank you for explaining.  I can see now what you meant.  I was a little too quick to defend the HJ team and coaches (yeah, like they need me to defend them.).

Guest baseball25
Hj has one thing thats going to help them, and thats coach Sutherland and a great coaching staff on the bench, I think its going to be a very good game and HJ outcoaches the clevelend coach because cleveland has no discpline what so ever.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="768568" timestamp="1267456324"]
[quote author=tigersvoice link=topic=66682.msg768559#msg768559 date=1267455583]

Although.........

[/quote]

[/quote]I too see what you meant, My son being from a small school their team gets that a lot.
HJ just has such a great b-ball history and coaching staff it was hard for me to see any team underestimate them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami