21-3A Girls Basketball Team

Gabe

I agree with Bobcat that Honorable Mention does not really qualify as a All District Selection so saying they are part of the All District Team is a little out there. If you choose to push that issue then knock yourself out. I also agree with Slam that the Coaches should do something about the number of players given spots on the All District Team. Coaches are the ones that have "ALL" the control over the selections. If in fact a parent has enough control over any coach to sway them to vote for their kid then I have a problem with the coach's integrity. That kinda stuff should have ended with Little Dribblers. I do have a question for the coaches. Can you vote for kids off your own team to make all district? I have been a coach in several different sports where you could not vote for your own kids. I'm also wondering if the voting process is standardized or if the process is determined by each individual district. And picnroll, your post was a lecture to parents about being real with our kids. Are you talking about the parents that voted. Well, there were none. Are you talking about the parents that swayed a coach to vote a certain way. Give me a break. If you want to preach to someone start with the ones doing the voting. They have "ALL" the control..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="shackbully" post="771312" timestamp="1267812554"]
I agree with Bobcat that Honorable Mention does not really qualify as a All District Selection so saying they are part of the All District Team is a little out there. If you choose to push that issue then knock yourself out. I also agree with Slam that the Coaches should do something about the number of players given spots on the All District Team. Coaches are the ones that have "ALL" the control over the selections. If in fact a parent has enough control over any coach to sway them to vote for their kid then I have a problem with the coach's integrity. That kinda stuff should have ended with Little Dribblers. I do have a question for the coaches. Can you vote for kids off your own team to make all district? I have been a coach in several different sports where you could not vote for your own kids. I'm also wondering if the voting process is standardized or if the process is determined by each individual district. And picnroll, your post was a lecture to parents about being real with our kids. Are you talking about the parents that voted. Well, there were none. Are you talking about the parents that swayed a coach to vote a certain way. Give me a break. If you want to preach to someone start with the ones doing the voting. They have "ALL" the control..
[/quote]
No what Im talking about shack is parents who cannot accept the selections of the coaches and then get on here and raise all kinds of heck about the picks. Thats why there are co this and co that. Like I said give everybody a trophy mentality is all around us because nobody can accept losing. Just look at all the playoffs and how they have been watered down.Dont kid yourself about who is in control in our schools, it sure isnt coaches and teachers.
First Team Second Team all we need.

[quote name="picnroll" post="771341" timestamp="1267817053"]
[quote author=shackbully link=topic=66447.msg771312#msg771312 date=1267812554]
[/quote]
No what Im talking about shack is parents who cannot accept the selections of the coaches and then get on here and raise all kinds of heck about the picks. Thats why there are co this and co that. Like I said give everybody a trophy mentality is all around us because nobody can accept losing. Just look at all the playoffs and how they have been watered down.[color=red]Dont kid yourself about who is in control in our schools, it sure isnt coaches and teachers.[/color][b]First Team Second Team all we need.[/b]
[/quote]

[color=red]If that is true then it's a shame[/color].

[b]That I agree with.[/b]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami