BH vs. Bay City

Lyday had a hit that got under the shortstop and Bonin had one that bounced off of the SS, both hard hits, not sure how they were scored.  If niether were considered hits, then yes it was a no hitter.  BH pitched  4 or 5 pitchers and played it like a scrimmage.  Over all BH looked pretty good.  2 unearned runs by BC, pretty good game as defense goes.  BH had some hard hits, just right at people also hit into a few double plays that hurt.  BC pitcher was pretty impressive.  BH really never put people in scoring position, total of 5 base runners last night and only one got to 2nd.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="764813" timestamp="1266952282"]
Who all pitched for the Eagles ?
[/quote]

Lyday is listed as the losing pitcher on the Chron.com web site.

They also include a box score that indicates a no hitter. My friend whose son plays on BH's varsity is who told me last night that it was a no hitter.

I was not there, so I can only rely on Chron.com (not reliable) and word of mouth.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="764825" timestamp="1266953202"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=66426.msg764813#msg764813 date=1266952282]
[/quote]

They also include a box score that indicates a no hitter. My friend whose son plays on BH's varsity is who told me last night that it was a no hitter.

I was not there, so I can only rely on Chron.com (not reliable) and word of mouth.
[/quote]

Thanks. Are Mitchell and Asbury the only basketball players ?

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="764833" timestamp="1266953808"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=66426.msg764825#msg764825 date=1266953202]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=66426.msg764813#msg764813 date=1266952282]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks. Are Mitchell and Asbury the only basketball players ?
[/quote]

From what I understand, yes.

I'm not sure of the young man's name that hurt his knee in basketball, but I've heard that he will try to play baseball this year and only pitch.

[quote name="kindafunny" post="764845" timestamp="1266954436"]
Its M. Bounds, and dont think that he will get a Dr. release till district starts. But I could be wrong,
I hope he is good to go when he comes back.
[/quote]

Bounds is a very talented athlete and should help the pitching situation if he is healthy.  Hope he can go...poor guy has had a rough HS career with knee injuries.  Be nice to end it on a good note!

[quote name="HillGuy" post="764863" timestamp="1266954958"]
[quote author=kindafunny link=topic=66426.msg764845#msg764845 date=1266954436]
Its M. Bounds, and dont think that he will get a Dr. release till district starts. But I could be wrong,
I hope he is good to go when he comes back.
[/quote]

Bounds is a very talented athlete and should help the pitching situation if he is healthy.  Hope he can go...poor guy has had a rough HS career with knee injuries.  [b]Be nice to end it on a good note![/b][/quote]

I could not agree more.

I know Lyday did not pitch, so the Chronicle is not correct, but those hits could be ruled as errors to give BC a no-hitter.
Long
Thopmson
Leggett
They were warming up Young when I left.
All that I saw looked really good.  I think Tompson gave up 2 unearned runs and Leggett may have gave up one, not 100% sure.  Did not stay the whole game.  I thought over all looked good, they will compete, just need to hit.

It sounds like BH didn't show up last night.  They have nobody besides Lyday that has some experience at the plate.  They are missing a couple big hitters.  I mean besides the pitching BH has had over the last 4 years with Hales, Thamm, Burditt, Silva, and Kelly they have had some very stong lineups.  If you look back to 07 you had Townley, Cambell,Hulsey, Hales, Ponder, Thamm.  If you look at 08 you had Hales, Silva, Thamm, Ponder, Burditt.  Last year you had Hencesy, Ponder, Burditt, Lyday.  This year they do not have much experience at the plate, but that is just me.

You are so right! They lost 11 seniors from last year with 8 of them starting, not that all 8 should have been starting, but that was the coaches decision. The JV and soph. teams didn't have all that good coaching and their batting practices were lacking at best. The coaches could hardly pitch to the boys. Now we are starting a rebuilding year, gotta start somewhere.

[quote name="Blue Blood" post="765489" timestamp="1267027271"]
You are so right! They lost 11 seniors from last year with 8 of them starting, not that all 8 should have been starting, but that was the coaches decision. The JV and soph. teams didn't have all that good coaching and their batting practices were lacking at best. The coaches could hardly pitch to the boys. Now we are starting a rebuilding year, gotta start somewhere.
[/quote]

I agree;  I beileve that the only thing that will change the program all the way around is somebody new the head coaching spot, but that is just me.  Don't get me wrong Staulbaum has won alot of games, but the wat that he coaches is no the way I believe kids these days need to be coached.

I don't think a coach can control the talent he gets every year, this is a rebuilding year and for the most part this is the team we will be watching for the next three seasons. I agree with the statement that we need better developement at the sub-varsity level and the HC needs to direct that.

[quote name="BASEBALL FAN 351" post="765467" timestamp="1267025932"]
It sounds like BH didn't show up last night.  They have nobody besides Lyday that has some experience at the plate.  They are missing a couple big hitters.  I mean besides the pitching BH has had over the last 4 years with Hales, Thamm, Burditt, Silva, and Kelly they have had some very stong lineups.  If you look back to 07 you had Townley, Cambell,Hulsey, Hales, Ponder, Thamm.  If you look at 08 you had Hales, Silva, Thamm, Ponder, Burditt.  Last year you had Hencesy, Ponder, Burditt, Lyday.  This year they do not have much experience at the plate, but that is just me.
[/quote]I have been watching the boys from BH for years and the team that was put together last year were the best nine and all deserved to be there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont