TOUGHEST NON^DISTRICT SCHEDULE SO FAR??

Who has the toughest non-district schedule so far?
Angleton's schedule has to be one of the top 10 toughest non-district so far. Here's how it looks.
Friendswood(4a Regional Finalist)
Brazoswood(5a Regional Finalist)
@Dayton(4a Regional Finalist) don't know if site has been confirmed
@Alief Elsik or Dawson(4a State Semi-Finalist)
Brutal schedule before district starts then the cats go into district play with El Campo at home so the year is gonna be a tough one.

Who do you think has one of the toughest non-district schedules?
Any thoughts?

In 4A Lake Travis has to get some mention.  They play:

Austin Westlake
Hendrickson
Kerrville Tivy
Aledo

In 5A, its either Longview or Abilene, althouth Tyler Lee is playing a tough schedule too.

Longview:

Marshall
John Tyler
Lufkin
Allen
Abilene
Longview also has Tyler Lee and Desoto in district.

Abilene:

Belton (Dave Campbell's Kickoff Classic)
Plant, FL (Florida 5A champ)
Longview
Prepa Tech (Mexico)
still looking for a 5th game.  Miramar, FL (florida's 6A champ backed out on them)

West Brook

1. Central - Made the third round in 4a
2. Tyler Lee - a really strong 5a team
3. Aldine Eisenhower - really big team that made noise last year. (don't know how they did in the playoffs
4. Katy - back to back State Champions
5. PA Memorial - they were state ranked last year
6. North Shore - Texas football powerhouse on a consistant basis

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="761052" timestamp="1266413228"]
In 4A Lake Travis has to get some mention.  They play:

Austin Westlake
Hendrickson
Kerrville Tivy
Aledo

In 5A, its either Longview or Abilene, althouth Tyler Lee is playing a tough schedule too.

Longview:

Marshall
John Tyler
Lufkin
Allen
Abilene
Longview also has Tyler Lee and Desoto in district.

Abilene:

Belton (Dave Campbell's Kickoff Classic)
Plant, FL (Florida 5A champ)
Longview
Prepa Tech (Mexico)
still looking for a 5th game.  Miramar, FL (florida's 6A champ backed out on them)
[/quote]

In 4A I'd say Lake Travis, then Angleton.  LT's weakness last year, if you could even call it that, was there run defense.  They struggled with Cibolo Steele last year, thanks to Malcolm Brown. (one of the best backs in the nation.). Longview had a stable of backs and both teams only lost by 7.  I saw first hand what Aledo's, Johnathan Gray is capable of and it's scary.  If Aledo's defense plays good, they have a good chance to end LT's winning streak. If not, LT will prolly win in a shoot out.  I can't wait for this football season.  As far as Tivy goes, I'm not sold on them.  I think they are way overrated other than Manziel.  If not for our soph. corner slipping on the first play, we could have beat them by 17 or more considering we took the victory formation at their 15.  Manziel is the real deal though.  I guess they were still a semi finalist though.  With Angleton, they have 2 things to always keep them in the game.  A. Quandre Diggs. B. Team speed. What I think hurts them, is their coaching.  For example, they were getting burned over and over on fade routes against us last year, after having a 21-0 half time lead.  Instead of changing their defense up, they kept playing man to man and leaving their corners on an island.  Eventually we came back and won, but if they would have went to a zone or got the safetys to help more in coverge, the game might have ended different.  To me that's poor coaching that hurt a really talented team.  I'm not trying to bash anybody, just giving my opinion. 

Brenham's non-district schedule

@ Huntsville. (they won 18-4A in 08' and finished second in 09' behind us)
@ Lamar Consol.  (good 4A school)
    Lamar. (prolly HISD's best 5A school)

Guest newtoschool
[quote name="rapayne" post="761437" timestamp="1266447460"]
Tarkington

Huntington
Liberty
Hull-Daisetta

;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
thats away to show your smarts.......liberty is in their district

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="762387" timestamp="1266552240"]
[quote author=Tim Riggins link=topic=66132.msg762287#msg762287 date=1266546557]
They say what doesn't kill you,(tough pre-district schedule), makes you stronger........but in some cases it just kills you.
[/quote]

Lmao with that kind of logic you and I would make real good friends
[/quote]
;)

Texas A&M gets my vote: ;D ;D ;D ;D Typical Aggie schedule!!! I've heard of many Aggie jokes but this tops it. I guess who ever makes the schedule thought they were coaching high school.

Stephen F. Austin (Didn't know they wore uniforms?)
La Tech (Ever seen them play? Me either and the rest of the world?)
Florida International (Didn't know they played football?)

This has to be a joke!!!!

Longview, LT, Dayton and Angleton all have tougher schedules than that.

Longhorn fans don't start laughing too early, your schedule isn't much better either. Rice, Florida Atlantic, Wyoming and UCLA (big name but terrible lately).

[quote name="Bobcat" post="763429" timestamp="1266722607"]
Texas A&M gets my vote: ;D ;D ;D ;D Typical Aggie schedule!!! I've heard of many Aggie jokes but this tops it. I guess who ever makes the schedule thought they were coaching high school.

[/quote]

SFA actually had a pretty good season last year even though they lost their playoff game by quite a bit. I have no clue what they have coming back. But, you never know - could be another Michigan/Marshall type match-up.

[quote name="JB94" post="763709" timestamp="1266791564"]
[quote author=Bobcat link=topic=66132.msg763429#msg763429 date=1266722607]

[/quote]

SFA actually had a pretty good season last year even though they lost their playoff game by quite a bit. I have no clue what they have coming back. But, you never know - could be another Michigan/Marshall type match-up.
[/quote]

Still not what a school like a&m should be playing and Jesus have mercy if sfa accidentally won

[/quote]

You mean Appalachain State....

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="762511" timestamp="1266564056"]
Which 10 teams are in the kickoff classic this year, and who plays who?  I know Abilene vs Belton and I think PNG is in it.  If anbody can confirm this or knows the schedule and who plays on what day, i'd appreciate it.
[/quote]

PNG plays Gregory-portland in week zero in the Alamo dome

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder