LU women vs Texas State..Ladies Win!!!!!!!

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola
Brittney Williams is back after a 4 game suspension.  LU should win easily since Texas State isn't very good and this is a home game.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/local/williams_returns_to_lineup_for_lamar_women.html

Guest coachacola
[quote name="mffl" post="759623" timestamp="1266102389"]
Wish more people would come out. With Jenna Plumley running that offense, they really are fun to watch.
[/quote]

The box score lists almost 1500 in attendance.  I was at the men's game at Texas State and there was less than 2000 there.  If Tidwell stays at LU for a while and keeps building up the program then I can see them drawing 2500 or more a game.  Maybe Tidwell can get a few big name schools to come to Beaumont.

I was at the game and not enough can be said about the students that showed up for the game. They were very loud rowdy group that stood the whole game. They looked like they were having a great time. They add so much to the attmosphere of college basketball. 
They had plenty to cheer about too.  Jenna has made Coach Tidwell a better coach.  You can see it looking back at past years and see his bench antics and how they are now. It was so frustrating to watch from the stands. Jenna has turn this team around, not so much Tidwell.

[quote name="LemonGello" post="759764" timestamp="1266162834"]
Coach Tidwell would give Jenna credit as well, but that goes to show what a good coach he is.  Don't underestimate his influence.  He brought the players and asst. coaches in.  The program has had a resurgence under his leadership.  He is the reason.
[/quote]

I admit that he is the reason, but last year he hurt the team with his antics, hollering instructions changing plays with team on the floor having to deal with the man on them. Too many turnovers too much confusion. His game time actions on the bench are much calmer and the team is playing much better together.  The team is much more fun to watch.  It is a shame more don't go to see them play.  They are missing a very exciting game

[quote name="skyhcky" post="759931" timestamp="1266242062"]
Coach Tidwell has put together a really good team.  I hope he continues to do so for next year.  This team is one or two players short of a playoff run.  Just my opinion :)
[/quote]
You got any eligibility left?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami