wrs offensive winner

[quote name="old_wildcat" post="758968" timestamp="1265984094"]
First of all I feel Fred Ford should have won the award,(got that out of the way)I hear a lot of talk about no player ever get's this award if your'e not from a big Town or the Golden Triangle area..Welllllllll Silsbee is certainly not a Metropolis,although it's 3 times the size of Kirbyville,Beaumont when compared to Houston, Is like comparing Evadale to Beaumont...(not knocking any town's)..I know the WRS award was given to Jeff Spikes of Burkeville..It has been done before, I just feel that over 2,000 yards rushing and 35 TD's deserves more than just saying,"well done my lad"...JMO
[/quote]Jeremy had 3141 total yards with 34 TD's and that was done playing only 12 games. As I said in a previous post, Ford has next year to solidify his high school career numbers and his respect. 

Congrats to both young men. Very well deserving of the awards. A big shout out to JJ. Not only where you a top 5 QB in Texas, a top QB in the nation. How many player can say that in SETX much less the nation, and now your tops in SETX. It was great broadcasting the Tiger games with Mike this year. Good luck at the next level. Be safe and God bless.  

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="BKJ85" post="758985" timestamp="1265985712"]
[quote author=old_wildcat link=topic=65958.msg758968#msg758968 date=1265984094]
First of all I feel Fred Ford should have won the award,(got that out of the way)I hear a lot of talk about no player ever get's this award if your'e not from a big Town or the Golden Triangle area..Welllllllll Silsbee is certainly not a Metropolis,although it's 3 times the size of Kirbyville,Beaumont when compared to Houston, Is like comparing Evadale to Beaumont...(not knocking any town's)..I know the WRS award was given to Jeff Spikes of Burkeville..It has been done before, I just feel that over 2,000 yards rushing and 35 TD's deserves more than just saying,"well done my lad"...JMO
[/quote]Jeremy had 3141 total yards with 34 TD's and that was done playing only 12 games. As I said in a previous post, Ford has next year to solidify his high school career numbers and his respect. 
[/quote]

I meant no disrespect to Johnson.. I wish him well...He is an outstanding athlete... ;)

[quote name="T-daddy" post="759014" timestamp="1265988268"]
after watching both play against jasper jj was not impressive many people sitting around me in the stands felt he was not deserving of west virginia at least not at qb.  Ford was more impressive as an athlete and in his position than jj was. jmo
[/quote]

I tend to agree.  Reyes put up as good or better numbers against significantly better competetition.  JJ probably has more potential, but he didn't outperform reyes last year.

[quote name="T-daddy" post="759014" timestamp="1265988268"]
after watching both play against jasper jj was not impressive many people sitting around me in the stands felt he was not deserving of west virginia at least not at qb.  Ford was more impressive as an athlete and in his position than jj was. jmo
[/quote]Jasper does not count seeing how they hate Silsbee.

[quote name="westend1" post="759020" timestamp="1265988782"]
[quote author=T-daddy link=topic=65958.msg759014#msg759014 date=1265988268]
after watching both play against jasper jj was not impressive many people sitting around me in the stands felt he was not deserving of west virginia at least not at qb.  Ford was more impressive as an athlete and in his position than jj was. jmo
[/quote]

I tend to agree.  Reyes put up as good or better numbers against significantly better competetition.   JJ probably has more potential, but he didn't outperform reyes last year.
[/quote]That is all well and good. They should be getting a whole lot of D1 schools knocking on their door by spring ball. Pac 10, ACC, SEC, Big 12, Big East, Big 10, Etc. That should be 30 or more schools to deal with from these six BCS conferences alone. He and Ford should really show JJ how it is really done next season.    

[quote name="BadMedicine" post="759120" timestamp="1266005552"]
If I'm not mistaken, Jamaal Charles is the only underclassman to win the award and the only two time winner.

Christine Michael was nominated his junior year, did not win, but won his senior year.  

So it seems that the voters do give more preference to seniors.
[/quote]I feel like they give the award to who they think deserves it most in that particular year. If they thought Christine Michael was the best offensive player his junior year he would have won it. They gave it to Jamaal Charles twice.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476