Splendora vs. Tarkington

After doing some research I found out that the horns beat splendora the first time by 20+. And since then they have pulled themselves from the depths and beat colspring. The saying is "playing at home is worth 10 points" so . . divide by 4, carry the 5, multiply the remainder by the variable and. . .

HORNS WIN BY 10+

horns can pretty much carve out a playoff spot with a win tonight (splendora gets cleveland then at coldspring after tonight) so that should be plenty of incentive but the cats are always tough in their place. if the horns don't overlook them and expect it to be too easy after winning by 20+ at home it should be theirs to lose, not easily but comfortably.

horns win 66-51, after a slow start horns slug their way back into this one and close it out the right way taking a 2 minute 5 pt. lead up to a 15 pt victory in the den, good win for ttowners, now if only they can win 2 out of the remaining 3 and splendora can knock off coldspring in their house  ;D, or could those horns run the table? while that's a tall order with indians coming in, they shouldn't just concede it, it could have huge playoff implications.

[quote name="scooby" post="756005" timestamp="1265435703"]
horns win 66-51, after a slow start horns slug their way back into this one and close it out the right way taking a 2 minute 5 pt. lead up to a 15 pt victory in the den, good win for ttowners, now if only they can win 2 out of the remaining 3 and splendora can knock off coldspring in their house  ;D, or could those horns run the table? while that's a tall order with indians coming in, they shouldn't just concede it, it could have huge playoff implications.
[/quote]

Let's keep things real this go around with Cleveland Scooby.  Last time we played Cleveland you were crying foul after the blow out loss.  We got our wake up call against Huffman and have responded well.  Win the 2 we should win and then get ready for a tough opponent in round 1.  The game against Cleveland needs to be all about learning to play close with a state ranked opponent for 4 quarters.  Something Tarkington hasn't done in recent years.

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="756027" timestamp="1265437482"]

Let's keep things real this go around with Cleveland Scooby.  Last time we played Cleveland you were crying foul after the blow out loss.  We got our wake up call against Huffman and have responded well.  Win the 2 we should win and then get ready for a tough opponent in round 1.  The game against Cleveland needs to be all about learning to play close with a state ranked opponent for 4 quarters.  Something Tarkington hasn't done in recent years.
[/quote]

good points, the cleveland game can be used as a good learning experience and they can get ready to play that round 1 game like they intend to win it not just show up so your plan sounds like a good one to me. but......we can still [i]hope[/i] that splendora can pull one out against CS  8), it was a six point game last time, although i realize that was in splendora. how would that be handled IF it were to end up in a tie since the series was split just out of curiosity?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="756045" timestamp="1265439581"]
I two teams tie for the second place spot after splitting their two games against each other, you have two options. You can play it off for the second seed or you can flip for the second seed. The loser will gain the third spot.
[/quote]

thx aaw

[quote name="scooby" post="756044" timestamp="1265439411"]
[quote author=Hupernikomen link=topic=65673.msg756027#msg756027 date=1265437482]

Let's keep things real this go around with Cleveland Scooby.  Last time we played Cleveland you were crying foul after the blow out loss.  We got our wake up call against Huffman and have responded well.  Win the 2 we should win and then get ready for a tough opponent in round 1.  The game against Cleveland needs to be all about learning to play close with a state ranked opponent for 4 quarters.  Something Tarkington hasn't done in recent years.
[/quote]

good points, the cleveland game can be used as a good learning experience and they can get ready to play that round 1 game like they intend to win it not just show up so your plan sounds like a good one to me. but......we can still [i]hope[/i] that splendora can pull one out against CS  8), it was a six point game last time, although i realize that was in splendora. how would that be handled IF it were to end up in a tie since the series was split just out of curiosity?
[/quote]

I am not sure.  It is whatever the district committee adopted as their rules and I don't know in this case.  Perhaps AAW is right and it is standard for basketball to either play (which is all I have ever seen for basketball) or flip.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed