Nederland @ Central Updates... Bulldogs win!

The key to this one is how our bigs play on offense and defense to make Forney work for everything.  I think our guard play is superior to Nederland's and should be exploited at every opportunity.  Guards have to keep Nederland's other Big from getting the ball close to the basket.  That's an athletic kid!

Why my post get deleted? Nederland has to have their big 3 scorers going to stand a chance. Forney, Smith, and Cunningham. I don't know if the rest of the team can score enough to keep up. And keep Centrals best player (forgot his name) under 12-15 points and we should be able to win! Huge game for both teams!

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="755675" timestamp="1265399812"]
Why my post get deleted? Nederland has to have their big 3 scorers going to stand a chance. Forney, Smith, and Cunningham. I don't know if the rest of the team can score enough to keep up. And keep Centrals best player (forgot his name) under 12-15 points and we should be able to win! Huge game for both teams!
[/quote]Kriston (sp) Smith

I love the way Nederland came out of halftime with a plan.

1. Don't give K. Smith ANY open looks.  Nederland's coach was stressing this after every time out.  It worked

2. Run on every fast break.  Result, several fast break points which paid dividends to get them back in this game.This worked.

3. Don't give up on feeding the big men.  This pushed them over the top in the 4th.  This worked.  Nederland's only downfall was their free throws, which they rectified in the 4th, when it counts

Central's undoing

1. No penetration.  You cannot just stand around and just pass the ball.  Made it too easy for Nederland to defend.

2. Never found a way to get K. smith an open look in the second half.  You always need a backup plan in case your primary one failed, like tonight.

3. The the press and zone defenses was NOT working except in the first half.  Go away from it.  You get help on the bigs from weakside help!

4. (for whatever its worth)  We will lose (I mean get blown out) to Ozen if we don't make our shots down the stretch. 

I'm off my soap box for now.  ;)

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="755842" timestamp="1265425201"]
Nederland the new "Lincoln Bumble Bee's"
[/quote]

not yet but give them a few years and they'll get there!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="756072" timestamp="1265459373"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=65664.msg755842#msg755842 date=1265425201]
Nederland the new "Lincoln Bumble Bee's"
[/quote]Not even close!  Don't even try it!  :D
[/quote]

No where close, but this team is getting better and better. Great win by Nederland in a clutch game to take over second place in district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami