Dayton Lumberton Stats

After reading all the questions about not seeing any stats from last Friday's game, I went to the coaches' office this morning and picked up their stats. Coaching stats are done while watching the game film, so there's no guessing or approximations.

First of all, to set the record straight, Anthony Williams, on his punt return, gathered the ball in at the 39-yard line, went back as far as the 24 or 25, and then went the distance for the TD. It was a 61-yarder, and I watched it on film, with the coaching staff, Saturday morning.

DAYTON

Rushing - 35 - 444 yards - 5 TD's - 12.69 yards per carry

Passing - 5 attempts with 5 catches for 124 yards and 3 TD's - 24.8 yds per catch

Total yardage - 568 yards on 44 plays with 7 TD's, avg. 12.91 per play.

INDIVIDUAL

Rushing:

RB Mike Dugat - 10 carries, 218 yards and 3 TD's 21.8 avg. per carry.

QB Cody Green - 13 carries, 86 yards, 1 TD, 6.62 yards per carry

. . . . . . . . . . . note - four carries were QB sneaks late in the game to run out the clock and turn the ball over and he still came up only a couple of yards short.

Andrew Thomas - 5 carries for 55 yards at 11 y.p.c.

AJ Dugat - 4 carries for 64 yards at 16 y.p.c.

Paul Fontenot - 1 carry for 15 yards

John Gable - 2 carries for 6 yards

LUMBERTON

Rushing: 36 for 160 yards

Passing 21 attempts, completed 10 for 62 yards

Total yards - 222 (85 came on one drive late in the fourth quarter)

5 of 11 on 3rd down conversions - 45%

Sorry, individuals not available for Lumberton.

Dayton emptied the bench. Everyone got to play.

Lumberton faithful::: (L-town stunner) still stunned over what happened last Friday night

Man I am sitting here wondering what happen!

"These boys were undefeated since 7th grade?? I can't blame it on the coach because he coached them all the way up since 7th grade...I just don't know what happened...."

" Hmmm.Well maybe we can say our best players were hurt or something..I will think of something because it is not like these kids to lose.Once again I want to repeat that these boys are undefeated since 7th grade.""

" I just cant understand what happened???"

I am a little confused on the total offensive plays for Dayton. You have listed 35 rushing plays and 5 pass attempts' date=' for a total of 40 plays, but you have 44 total plays in their overall stats. Where's the extra 4 plays, assuming these are accurate?[/quote']

Hmmm! Same thing on TD's was it 8 or 7. Does the punt return not count?

I think with the punt return it equals 8 TD's.

On another note, How bout that Cody Green 5 for 5, he is a sophmore ya' know. He would've had over 100 yds rushing if those last few carries wouldn't have been gracious QB sneaks.

Hmmm.Well maybe we can say our best players were hurt or something..I will think of something because it is not like these kids to lose.Once again I want to repeat that these boys are undefeated since 7th grade.""

Piratefan just to let you know our 2 best players were hurt. Im not using it as an excuse, they couldnt have changed the game or anything. But WR Jeremy Garza, and linebacker Darby Chilek were out. And could be out against Vidor to. Darby for sure, but we dont know about Jeremy.

An old Ag I suppose. I'll give him a break. Thanks for the info Lucky.

Of course' date='I can't say much since I'm 42.[/quote']

I beleive I have a couple of years on you Aggie...... I was begining to wonder if I was the only old fart on this site !

By the way...I did pull for your aggies last week...sorry for the loss but the Franks kid looked good.

Piratefan just to let you know our 2 best players were hurt. Im not using it as an excuse' date=' they couldnt have changed the game or anything. But WR Jeremy Garza, and linebacker Darby Chilek were out. And could be out against Vidor to. Darby for sure, but we dont know about Jeremy.[/quote']

Do you really think it would have mattered Pimp Smack.??. 55-7

Guest PurplePride

Mike George is a Big Baylor BEAR'S FAN...that is where his kids graduated from and one still goes there...you must remember also, he is the editor for our Dayton News, newspaper...... :wink:

I wouldn't SMACK TO MUCH LUCKY!!!!

DAYTON PLAYS LC-M LATER THIS YEAR :lol::lol::lol::lol:

WILL BE DAYTON BY AS MANY AS THEY WANT :lol::lol::lol:

Now BIG HOUSE, I hope you were able to catch that SHORT YELLOW BUS to the game last week. And did someone explain to you that your team got beat ? Not to worry though, I believe that they WIN this week !

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder