What is with the use of fists in sports recently?

oodooo

[quote name="bullets13" post="752413" timestamp="1264918973"]
[quote author=oodooo link=topic=65022.msg752268#msg752268 date=1264894350]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=65022.msg751719#msg751719 date=1264815076]
an HJ player got a red card tonight for a punch he threw as well...
[/quote]

..........All I'm saying is all these video games are to blame. My statement still stands that I think people are losing respect for the game and fellow players on the field.
[/quote]

[b]video games have nothing to do with it.[/b]  as Bon_Mot has posted before, people have been punching people when they're mad for a very long time.  i haven't played HS soccer in 9 years, and back then there were plenty of incidents like this.
[/quote]

I was making a joke, sorry I have a dry sense of humor.

But with regards to CL and Newcastle I agree

[quote name="oodooo" post="754865" timestamp="1265251069"]
Yeah I know but in a span of 2 weeks a few punches were thrown, and I would like to assume you played four years of high school soccer.
[/quote]

and three of college... the only difference between high school and college was that the punches were usually a little sneakier.

[quote name="bullets13" post="754903" timestamp="1265255463"]
[quote author=oodooo link=topic=65022.msg754865#msg754865 date=1265251069]
Yeah I know but in a span of 2 weeks a few punches were thrown, and I would like to assume you played four years of high school soccer.
[/quote]

and three of college... the only difference between high school and college was that the punches were usually a little sneakier.
[/quote]

Yeah I know what you mean, the more competitive it gets the more intelligent/sneaky the fouls are.

For instance, this girl in the video below would've got away with it were it not for the pesky video camera.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMAtxuCpsMU

[color=red][size=10pt][font=Comic Sans MS]For as many years as I can remember boys throw punches.  What happened to the days when they could punch each other out and be friends again when they were done????  Now a days you cant do that for fear of a weapon being pulled out.  I'm not saying that its right to fight but thats what boys/men have done since the start of time. Now girls are a different story.  Thats pretty rare for girls to throw punches.  But that being said the girls are under just as much pressure as the boys to win, win, win.  And they are just as competitve.  Girls aren't those delicate little princess they use to be.  They are strong and tough but still have to be feminine on top of that.  LOL Daddy's lil girls are not to be messed with!! [/font][/size][/color]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124