#1 Texas vs #9 K-state Game Thread

[quote name="dogs1218" post="746006" timestamp="1263874952"]
This just an awful game by Texas. Looking flat and careless the whole game. This is why they are losing.
[/quote]

says a lot about them that they can play this badly and still be in the game with a top-10 team.  they definitely deserved to lose this one.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="746016" timestamp="1263875957"]
One of those nights were nothing went right. Texas just needs to regroup and come back strong next game. Much better basketball team than this.
[/quote]

agreed.  if they'd played halfway decent this would be another win for them against a top-10 team.  as it is, they've been flirting with a loss for awhile now, and if they had to have one, i'd just as soon it be against a top-10 team on the road.  this won't hurt their chances at a #1 seed in march.

[quote name="bullets13" post="746020" timestamp="1263876068"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=64924.msg746016#msg746016 date=1263875957]
One of those nights were nothing went right. Texas just needs to regroup and come back strong next game. Much better basketball team than this.
[/quote]

agreed.  if they'd played halfway decent this would be another win for them against a top-10 team.  as it is, they've been flirting with a loss for awhile now, and if they had to have one, i'd just as soon it be against a top-10 team on the road.  this won't hurt their chances at a #1 seed in march.
[/quote]

March is when it matters. Alot of potential for the horns this year. I hope they get to play KSU again after the fans started chanting "We own Texas"

[quote name="palincoln4life" post="746062" timestamp="1263884728"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=64924.msg746001#msg746001 date=1263874826]
J'Covan Brown is talented, but he is a turnover machine!
[/quote]
Yeah 2 turnovers is way too many. But Balbay took great care of the ball with only 6 TO'S/
[/quote]

I don't know where you got that from, Brown had 2 turnovers in 30 seconds in the second half ! But it wasn't just him. They all had a terrible game.

[quote name="CRUSHCOACH" post="746088" timestamp="1263909235"]
[quote author=palincoln4life link=topic=64924.msg746062#msg746062 date=1263884728]
[/quote]
Yeah 2 turnovers is way too many. But Balbay took great care of the ball with only 6 TO'S/
[/quote]

I don't know where you got that from, Brown had 2 turnovers in 30 seconds in the second half ! But it wasn't just him. They all had a terrible game.
[/quote]
I always check my sources before I post
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=300182306

Jacovin is a TO machine but he is also the only guy  that can constantly make his own offense!!! He just needs to keep his head in the game... Agg stop beating up on the boy... Let his past be his past and his today build his future.  You don't see many players not react to being smacked in the face with a forearm.  It was too much and hopefully he will continue to improve on self control.  Everybody played bad tonight... James did not move the ball enough, Hamilton was a bad play waiting to happen, Bradely was not confident, Balbay stopped driving, Lucas took bad shots, Johnson took bad shots, nobody made free throws, and the list goes on!

[quote name="palincoln4life" post="746062" timestamp="1263884728"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

brown's been a turnover machine all year.  in fact, he leads the team in turnovers, and he doesn't even start.  it's also worth noting that scoring is the only statistic that brown is better than balbay.  sorry you feel the need to get defensive, but it is what it is. 

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="746289" timestamp="1263930665"]
Jacovin is a TO machine but he is also the only guy [b] that can constantly make his own offense!!![/b] He just needs to keep his head in the game... Agg stop beating up on the boy... Let his past be his past and his today build his future.  You don't see many players not react to being smacked in the face with a forearm.  It was too much and hopefully he will continue to improve on self control.  Everybody played bad tonight... James did not move the ball enough, Hamilton was a bad play waiting to happen, Bradely was not confident, Balbay stopped driving, Lucas took bad shots, Johnson took bad shots, nobody made free throws, and the list goes on!
[/quote]

more often than not he's been forcing up bad shots trying to create his own offense.  i'd much rather see balbay creating offense for other players, or bradley trying to create his own offense.  when j'covan has been good is when he's spotting up on the wing draining big shots, and picking and choosing when to drive rather than forcing the action trying to create.  he's been a solid player for them, and i'm glad he's on the team, but you can still see the youth and the unwillingness to share the ball at times.

Bradley creating his own offense?  I havent seen it this year. He is best when given the ball in a scoring position. He is the only guard on the team that has yet to have on ball duties... And that is for a reason. Mason, Bradely, Brown, Lucas, and Ward have all been asked to handle the rock and get into the offense, there is a reason Bradley has not, and it has nothing to do with his scoring potential.

And don't short change Brown he also leads Balbay in free throw makes and percentage (an the Big 12), 3pt makes and percentage.  Browns issue is #1 some of his passes are too fancy, meaning sometimes the ball winds up hitting players in the chest, head or arms.  And he #2 sometimes over dribbles into the paint with no where to go.  As his conditioning gets better he will be more  explosive and able to finish plays in the paint.  Lastly #3 he sometimes gets too comfortable with the ball, this is not high school, in college someone is always reaching for the ball.

It is more number one than the rest.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami