Andy Evans Said NO to the Hill Today! Who's Next?

Well...just heard Andy Evans turned down Dr. Poole's offer and will stay in Tatum with some extra change in his pocket.  Good for him...Bad for BH!  So, who's next BH? 

I'm sure the Price supporters who are fabricating things on this forum are excited to take a jab right back at Poole for not getting 2 of the biggest guns on the Hill.  NO TURF, aging facilities???  Money doesn't always talk I guess.

The coaches at BH, who are all on their way out, aren't helping the process unfortunately for those kids there.  They let everyone know how bad the Hill is, just out of pure spite and have made up tremendous lies about the athletes there.  Sad for the athletes to come.  Maybe the Hill will get someone who will not listen to that dead wood and be the perfect fit for the kids on the Hill.

Best part...maybe we won't have to compete against the BH we always played when I was a kid.  We couldn't compete with them, but we are beating them now every chance we get.  What happened to that jewel of a town and school district?

Guest ECBucFan
First I heard of this, but no way Evans would leave Tatum without an extream offer. Tatum is loaded with athletes, and Evans has Dee Hart (former EC supt.) as his boss. It would take great measures to pry Evans away from Tatum, IMHO.

People starting to realize the friendship and respect Coach Price has among his colleagues in the profession.  People are realizing the job he has done and got released.  If this could happen to a coach with a record of his accord, what is to say it will not happen to anyone else.  Just cause you can pay does not mean they will come.

[quote name="Hitch" post="745428" timestamp="1263762667"]
People starting to realize the friendship and respect Coach Price has among his colleagues in the profession.  People are realizing the job he has done and got released.  If this could happen to a coach with a record of his accord, what is to say it will not happen to anyone else.  Just cause you can pay does not mean they will come.

[/quote]

you have hit the nail on the head.  If they will run Price off with his record, how can anyone succeed there?

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="TrueBlue" post="745495" timestamp="1263772143"]
Sandifer didn't apply for the job, but I heard Andy Evans did.
[/quote]

See the "WYLIE HEAD COACH says no to BH Cash!" thread for clarity on this. 

The assistant coaches have nothing to do with what's happening. I know for a fact that there are coaches that would have been very happy with Evans, so you can't tell me they've been trying to hurt the process. The problem is, coaches for many years now, have all known how BH treats their coaches, and a good coach wants nothing to do with it. See our school board and Super thought they'd be able to buy one of these great coaches, but all these coaches are doing is playing them to get more money out of the school their at now.

So everyone knows our first and second choices turned us down, so who's next? Great coaches don't like to be considered third, fourth, fifth...etc. There are many coaches that won't take the job if there's not a unanimous vote from the school board, so being last on the list won't set well with them. If it happens that another one or two turn us down this situation will not be good, which is exactley what me and others were afraid of. We that support Don, wasn't that we thought he was the only coach in Texas that could win at BH; but Don is a good man who always tried to do the right thing and wanted the best for the kids, and proved himself here by bringing back a winning attitude, in all sports. It's not that easy to find a coach that has all the qualities that Don has, they're out there but they are few and far between...in my opinion.

Hope this turns out okay for the school...we're still waiting to see.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="745511" timestamp="1263775909"]
The question with coach price is what have you done for me lately. I think he's done pretty well considering the caliber of athletes there but [b]everyone [/b] in bh seems to think [b]every[/b] player there is d1 material
[/quote]

Would some of you people quit putting every person from BH in the same category. Your statement above is totally incorrect.
Thanks.

I also find it very hard to believe that the current coaches are "sabatoging" the program.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="745658" timestamp="1263837315"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=64820.msg745511#msg745511 date=1263775909]
The question with coach price is what have you done for me lately. I think he's done pretty well considering the caliber of athletes there but [b]everyone [/b] in bh seems to think [b]every[/b] player there is d1 material
[/quote]

Would some of you people quit putting every person from BH in the same category. Your statement above is totally incorrect.
Thanks.

I also find it very hard to believe that the current coaches are "sabatoging" the program.
[/quote]
I absolutely agree on both points.  Not everyone thinks like that.

[quote name="tnt_mom" post="745662" timestamp="1263838975"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=64820.msg745658#msg745658 date=1263837315]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=64820.msg745511#msg745511 date=1263775909]
[/quote]

Thanks.

[/quote]
I absolutely agree on both points.  Not everyone thinks like that.
[/quote]

No One thinks that would be the answer! It's all according to who people define as athlete's for some reason everone feals that if a player doesn't have Div I or II talent then he should be labeled as non athletic. There are athletes at BH and you do not need DIV I talent to win, it helps but no garuntee that it will get you any where.

I doubt there is sabatoging going on as well and if there was they would be risking their job to do so.

No One thinks that would be the answer! It's all according to who people define as athlete's for some reason everone feals that if a player doesn't have Div I or II talent then he should be labeled as non athletic. There are athletes at BH and you do not need DIV I talent to win, it helps but no garuntee that it will get you any where.

I doubt there is sabatoging going on as well and if there was they would be risking their job to do so.
[/quote]

Well mine is defiantly not D1 material, but anyone who knows her would not label her as non-athletic that's for sure.  No doubt there are athletes here, that's why it's so competitive within each sport, boys & girls.  Sure hope they find someone soon.

[quote name="tnt_mom" post="745711" timestamp="1263845480"]

[/quote]

Well mine is defiantly not D1 material, but anyone who knows her would not label her as non-athletic that's for sure.  No doubt there are athletes here, that's why it's so competitive within each sport, boys & girls.  Sure hope they find someone soon.
[/quote]

Well said...Barbers Hill did finish 2nd in the Lone Star Cup standings for 2007 for class 4A.

I heard there are more than 80 applicants, so there is definitely interest in the job.  I don't think it is true that he was offered the job because the Board has to approve a person and they just met tonight.  Could it be that some people are out there trying to spread rumors just to make BH look bad because they are Price supporters?

[quote name="TrueBlue" post="746045" timestamp="1263878691"]
I heard there are more than 80 applicants, so there is definitely interest in the job.  I don't think it is true that he was offered the job because the Board has to approve a person and they just met tonight.  Could it be that some people are out there trying to spread rumors just to make BH look bad because they are Price supporters?
[/quote]

Get off that crap...no one is trying to make the school board look bad because we supported coach Price...they do all of that on their own.

We've now hired a new coach and I wish him well. I hope we kick some tail next year. It's time to move on and give the new coach 100% support.

[quote name="Hitch" post="745428" timestamp="1263762667"]

[/quote]

blew that theory  ;D ;D ;D

• 2 weeks later...
AMAZING how many BH coaches came to the rescue of THEMSELVES on this site saying it was impossible to sabotage the hiring process.  You guys THINK you are anonymous, but are you really?  Who's watching?  Big Brother always tells.  Wonder if you all made the final cut of coaches getting to stay with the new regime?  Good luck to the new AD and football coach.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder