**POST FRI SCORES HERE**

Bobcat1

Hey Hill
  I got to see the 1st 3 qtrs of the game before I had to leave...Not a fan of either team but enjoy good basketball...Don't you think The hill got the benefit of several calls? I didn't see it all and it might have changed but as a FAN OF BASKETBALL..I thought the Dayton Coach had some ligit complaints. Good Win vs a team that played you hard. You just shot better than they did in stretches.

Good Luck the rest of the season, I'll get to see you again

Guest HFGirlsSportsFan
Congrats to OF on a hard fought win.  As predicted in an earlier thread, the foul count at the end of the first quarter was 8 -2 against HF.  Early in the second quarter it 13 - 3 against HF.  I am not saying that HF had less fouls than OF (God knows we get lazy sometimes), but it really is ashamed how this detracts from the game.  Second half was much more evenly called.  Orangefield scored 20 out of 54 points from the floor, the rest were free throws.  HF shot itself in the foot with turnovers and by missing 19 freethrows, the vast majority in the second half.  Ought to be a good game when OF comes on our side of the river to play.

Guest HFGirlsSportsFan
As I said, Congrats to OF on a hard fought win.  I mean it.  The better team won.  HF made way to many mistakes to win.  IMO and the opinion of a lot of other parents at schools in the area, it is not possible to get an unbiased game called while playing in OF.

[quote name="CrazyLikeThat" post="744649" timestamp="1263615176"]
As I said, Congrats to OF on a hard fought win.  I mean it.  The better team won.  HF made way to many mistakes to win.  IMO and the opinion of a lot of other parents at schools in the area, it is not possible to get an unbiased game called while playing in OF.
[/quote]
That may be the funniest thing I've heard this week, no wait this month.

[quote name="whattheheck" post="744617" timestamp="1263612800"]
Hey Hill
 I got to see the 1st 3 qtrs of the game before I had to leave...Not a fan of either team but enjoy good basketball...Don't you think The hill got the benefit of several calls? I didn't see it all and it might have changed but as a FAN OF BASKETBALL..I thought the Dayton Coach had some ligit complaints. Good Win vs a team that played you hard. You just shot better than they did in stretches.

Good Luck the rest of the season, I'll get to see you again
[/quote]

I'm pretty objective, and what I saw was generally below average calling BOTH ways...not sure of the foul count but Dayton went to the line a LOT tonight, especially in the 4th Q.  I'm starting to get concerned...BH has played pretty lackluster in the last 3 games, including tonight.  At least the free throws went in tonight...only missed 3 or 4 all game, compared to 18 against GCM.  Dayton got after us hard on defense and we were ineffective pressing.  Dayton came to play!

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="744653" timestamp="1263615593"]
[quote author=Bobkat link=topic=64818.msg744650#msg744650 date=1263615205]
Madisonville 55
Navasota    49
[/quote]

:o Madisonville has beat #2 and #1 in the same week!!
[/quote]

No surprise.... They are wayyyyyy under ranked....and should win that district.

I didnt realize the foul count was supposed to be even. As a matter of fact I wish the fouls werent shown on scoreboards and I wish officials didnt look at the book at halftime. Then you would get a true game called. A foul is a foul doesnt matter who it is against and they are going to be missed. Its just the human factor. Live with it folks its just basketball. Or we could get replay like the NFL, you to make the game really better. ;D ;D ;D ;D Yeh right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Instant replay sucks no matter what sport.

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="744586" timestamp="1263610447"]
OF 54
HF 45

HJ 45
BC 32

[b]Hull Daisetta 48
High Island 31[/b]
Evadale 75
West Hardin 35

Hardin 87
Deweyville 38

[/quote]

The High Island/Hull - Daisetta was a great game to watch.  High Island did a good job defensively against them, but that #5 for Daisetta is the real deal.  Her points were the difference in the game, you pack it in to keep her from driving and she finds the open girl.  Like I said it was a great game to watch, the Lady Cards fought all the way to the end.  Good luck to both teams next week.

Were you there?  Because just about all of #5's points came in fast break, not the offense.  Plus considering HI only scored 6 pts per quarter til HD put the bench in the game doesn't constitute 1 player being the difference in the game.  By the way....HI's starting 5 scored about 8 or 10 in the last 2 mins against HD's JV by pressing.  2 Thumbs up

[b] LCM over Vidor - 53-47[/b]

From KOGT:
  The Lady Bears defeated Vidor Friday night at the Bear Cave 53-47. Tiffani Thompson led all scorers with 21 points. Shelby Apperson dropped in another double-double for the Lady Bears, adding 16 points and grabbing 12 rebounds. Kalyn Harkness added 10 points while dishing out 8 assists. The Lady Bears will begin the second round of district play on Tuesday at Lumberton.

[quote name="knows2much" post="744816" timestamp="1263660508"]
Were you there?  Because just about all of #5's points came in fast break, not the offense.  Plus considering HI only scored 6 pts per quarter til HD put the bench in the game doesn't constitute 1 player being the difference in the game.  By the way....HI's starting 5 scored about 8 or 10 in the last 2 mins against HD's JV by pressing.  2 Thumbs up
[/quote]
I think what 1880 is trying to say about her being the difference in the game is she scored 18 points against us. We lost by 17. Take her out of the picture and we would have won by one point. :]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder