HOUSTON YATES VS LAMAR CARDINALS

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="740810" timestamp="1262972548"]
What's insane is there are people on this board that claim to be basketball "smart", and think that Lamar is a decent program.  Lamar is a below-average-at-best college program, and thats all they will ever be.
[/quote]

I agree but they still handle Yates easily!!!

Lamar is below average college program, true, but the aren't bad. And yes Lamar would like to recruit 4 players from Yates. But if those players came in now maybe one or two see floor time and definitely don't start. Lamar would turn it over several times sure but Yates would be hard pressed to score on Lamars defense. Anybody who thinks Buc Miles, Milk Harris, Charlie Harper, and Justin Nabors wouldn't kill Yates or any other high school team is crazy. And delusional. Yates has 5 potential D1 players. Lamar has already 15 D1 players. This is ridiculous to think they would win. Lamar PA would beat Yates too. Those players are all big time D1 recruits who just couldn't make the grades or something similar. What is the next thread on here going to be? Lakers vs. Yates? Let me guess. You probably think Kobe would have 20 turnovers himself in that game....  ::)  ::)  ::)

I might would take Lamar PA over Lamar, too.  Put it this way, Lamar would not have won the last YMCA league this summer.  Granted, J'Covan and several ex-college players were in that league, but that is how weak they are for a Division 1 team.  Anthony Miles is probably the best player on that squad and he wasn't even rated by rivals.  Charlie Harper was a two star recruit.  Yates matches up just fine and if you don't believe me, go watch them play.  Wait til they get to about the third round of playoffs when they catch someone with a pulse, but it's worth the drive to Houston.  I'm not gonna bother wasting the gas driving to Montagne again this year... 

[quote name="GCMPats" post="740744" timestamp="1262969435"]
Is Yates a Magnet School? How much fundraising was required in order for them to travel to Hawaii and the T-Mobile tournament? Surely HISD did not fund their travel expenses. Could one of you Yates Homers fill us in please. Thanks.
[/quote]

I was wondering the same.  If I remember correctly HISD wouldn't allow the schools bands to travel to football games outside the city to save money.  Who paid for the Yates team to travel around the country?

PA Bees..Come on Buddy, it's all about who Lamar and Yates are playing..Lamar sees college level teams every night..Yates, well, does not...Don't be in awe of Yates. Good H.S. team not good college team..You cant press good teams in college...Thats why mam to man is played...Lamar by 20 or so..No Doubt...Yates to Hawaii...Sponsored or FUndrasing..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami