19-4A Standings

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of 1/30:

Barbers Hill        11-0  (Locked up at least second place)
Kingwood Park  10-1  (Locked up at least tie for second with Dayton but won both head to head games)
Dayton            7-4    (Predict 3rd finish based on remaining schedule)
GC Memorial      6-5      (Predict 4th finish based on remaining schedule)
CE King            5-6    (Very long shot-would need to win out, including K-Park and get help from GCM losing 2/3 remaining games)
Crosby              3-8
North Forest      3-8
Galena Park      0-11

K-PARK wants some BH butt for sure.  It'll be a great game, but I think fundamentals (K-PARK) will win out this time, and I bet the players listen to their coach (K-PARK) this time and make the right moves.  Then, will there be a playoff for 1st place between K-Park and BH?  That would be another great game I'm sure in some neutral spot with probably not-so-neutral refs.  But, before that, BH has to get past GCM.  They barely won last time, so GCM is looking for a big-time upset there.  I guess K-PARK wouldn't have to worry about wasting a Saturday playoff match or Monday one with the Hill then.  Should be interesting.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="WHITETRASH" post="752293" timestamp="1264896659"]
No way GCM will spoil the party, from what I read it was 5 against 8 when they met in Baytown, this time the Eagles will have the home cooking.
[/quote]

5 against 8? Come on now! Quit your cryin'! I expect the Goose will get hamered this round, but let's be real about Game 1.

2) ONE membership per person! Any caught with 2 accounts will have both of them terminated. Nor will we tolerate any member impersonating other members. If you have, for whatever reason created another account (or 2), don't panic. Just inform an administrator of the duplicates with usernames used and we'll take care of it.

http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3.0

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="752307" timestamp="1264899376"]
2) ONE membership per person! Any caught with 2 accounts will have both of them terminated. Nor will we tolerate any member impersonating other members. If you have, for whatever reason created another account (or 2), don't panic. Just inform an administrator of the duplicates with usernames used and we'll take care of it.

http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=3.0
[/quote]

Hmmmmm!!!....me wonders who the offender is?????  Oh man I was just about to welcome the smack talk!

BIG game Tuesday  ;D  Looks like K-Park had a tough one against Dayton the other night...glad to see BH isnt the only one to have a bad game once in awhile.  The refs at GCMBH weren't stellar, but it was weak play and missing 18 free throws that made the game with BH close...don't see GCM staying close next time around.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="HillGuy" post="752333" timestamp="1264903900"]
BIG game Tuesday  ;D  Looks like K-Park had a tough one against Dayton the other night...glad to see BH isnt the only one to have a bad game once in awhile.  The refs at GCMBH weren't stellar, but it was weak play and missing 18 free throws that made the game with BH close...don't see GCM staying close next time around.
[/quote]

Agreed

As of 2/3:

Barbers Hill        12-0  (secured 1st place)
Kingwood Park  10-2  (secured 2nd place)
Dayton            7-5    (Crosby and BH remaining)
CE King            7-5    (NF and KP remaining)
GC Memorial      6-6    (BH and Galena Park remaining)
Crosby              4-8
North Forest      3-9
Galena Park      0-12

Thank you Dave Rogers for getting the correct CEK record...Chronicle is wrong!

Dayton and CEK should split their remaining two games, leaving their records tied.  But they split with each other during the season, so should be a playoff or coin flip for 3/4th.  Livingston and Central will just have to wait a while longer to determine their first round opponent.  GCM would need a miracle of help to get in.

Some slight twists to the playoff picture (3rd-4th places).  NF upset CE King Friday, which should give Dayton sole possession of third...UNLESS CEK can upset Kingwood Park (probably not)...implications:

GCM is back from the grave with a win against 0-13 Galena Park tonight and a CEK loss to K-Park.  That happens and they would be tied for 4th!

Dayton has NOTHING to play for this evening, so they can just sit their starters  ;) ;D

Update...there was bad info on the official district standings sheet...and bad news for GCM.  The score was backwards for the NF/CEK game. CEK actually won so is officially 4th place team (no playoff with GCM).  Sorry for the bad info, but some teams do not report scores to media outlets and all had to rely on was the district spreadsheet, which had an error. 

Official final standings:

#1 BH
#2 K-Park
#3 Dayton
#4 CE King

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="HillGuy" post="758072" timestamp="1265827780"]
Update...there was bad info on the official district standings sheet...and bad news for GCM.  The score was backwards for the NF/CEK game. CEK actually won so is officially 4th place team (no playoff with GCM).  Sorry for the bad info, but some teams do not report scores to media outlets and all had to rely on was the district spreadsheet, which had an error. 

Official final standings:

#1 BH
#2 K-Park
#3 Dayton
#4 CE King
[/quote]

Oh well. Such is life. That's what can happen when you do not take care of your own business. Time for 19-4A to represent!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="759167" timestamp="1266011087"]
How does that school with no athletes keep on winning.  ;)

Go Lady Eagles !
[/quote]

Thank heavens for girl's athletics on the Hill. ;D

[quote name="GCMPats" post="759184" timestamp="1266013759"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=64429.msg759167#msg759167 date=1266011087]

Go Lady Eagles !
[/quote]

[/quote]

;D ;D
Baseball hasn't faired too bad.
BH 2007 Lone star Cup runner-up.  ;)
GCM, have a great weekend and bring me some baseball weather.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="759194" timestamp="1266014190"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=64429.msg759184#msg759184 date=1266013759]

Go Lady Eagles !
[/quote]

[/quote]

;D ;D
[/quote]

Tell me about it brotha! Just got back from the field and it is miserable out there!
You have a good one too! Going to try and make it over to the Hill tomorrow to see Bridge City/BH scrimmage. Hopefully see Hicks from BC. Kid's a bulldog on the mound!

[quote name="GCMPats" post="759198" timestamp="1266014502"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=64429.msg759194#msg759194 date=1266014190]

Go Lady Eagles !
[/quote]

[/quote]

;D ;D
[/quote]

Tell me about it brotha! Just got back from the field and it is miserable out there!
You have a good one too! Going to try and make it over to the Hill tomorrow to see Bridge City/BH scrimmage. Hopefully see Hicks from BC. Kid's a bulldog on the mound!
[/quote]

I may do the same..is that a 3 pm start ? games for Angelina @ Blinn tournament for tomorrow have been cancelled. Hope to get Sunday's in.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="759201" timestamp="1266014657"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=64429.msg759198#msg759198 date=1266014502]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=64429.msg759194#msg759194 date=1266014190]

Go Lady Eagles !
[/quote]

[/quote]

;D ;D
[/quote]

[/quote]

I may do the same..is that a 3 pm start ? games for Angelina @ Blinn tournament for tomorrow have been cancelled. Hope to get Sunday's in.
[/quote]

That's the time posted on here.  We start at noon and hopefully will be done by then. If I hear anything different I'll PM you.

[quote name="Bronco/Cat Fan" post="759250" timestamp="1266025783"]
Does anyone know the condition of Shannon Evans for Barbers Hill? I saw her go down in the game against Dayton. I hope she will be available for the playoffs!
[/quote]

Possible ACL tear...waiting results of MRI.  Out indefinitely but certainly will not play Monday.  :(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83