WRS finalists will be announced this Thursday....

[quote name="SgtRey" post="738415" timestamp="1262651721"]
Where is this award from.....AP....coaches...?  Who votes?
[/quote]

From what I know, there is a Willie Ray Smith Award committee and they get input from all area media sources. Each school in the area nominates 1 offensive and 1 defensive player from their team, then all the nominees are voted on by the committee down to just the 4 finalists for each award. They then choose the offensive and defensive player from these finalists. If your school does not nominate a player, he will not be eligible for the award. Each school has to nominate only 1 player for each award, can't nominate 2 offensive or 2 defensive.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="738419" timestamp="1262652257"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=64361.msg738415#msg738415 date=1262651721]
[/quote]

From what I know, there is a Willie Ray Smith Award committee and they get input from all area media sources. Each school in the area nominates 1 offensive and 1 defensive player from their team, then all the nominees are voted on by the committee down to just the 4 finalists for each award. They then choose the offensive and defensive player from these finalists. If your school does not nominate a player, he will not be eligible for the award. Each school has to nominate only 1 player for each award, can't nominate 2 offensive or 2 defensive.
[/quote]
Oh....so there's an offensive winner and a defensive winner?

[quote name="SgtRey" post="738423" timestamp="1262652654"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=64361.msg738419#msg738419 date=1262652257]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=64361.msg738415#msg738415 date=1262651721]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Oh....so there's an offensive winner and a defensive winner?
[/quote]

Yes, two awards.

[quote name="SgtRey" post="738430" timestamp="1262653936"]
Offense:
Ford K'ville
Reyes Wb
Johnson Silsbee
Harmon PNG

Defense:
Garrett Wb
Hale Central
Francis Ozen
Beard Lumb

In that order....In my opinion.... with out reading the National Inquire....

[/quote]

Did West Brook nominate Reyes or Cooper for offense?

[quote name="SgtRey" post="738430" timestamp="1262653936"]
Offense:
Ford K'ville
Reyes Wb
Johnson Silsbee
Harmon PNG

Defense:
Garrett Wb
Hale Central
Francis Ozen
Beard Lumb

[/quote]
I agree with the offense, Ford wins it, but Harmon would finish second (Senior).

Beard won't make it. Maybe someone from WOS defense (Haynes) or KVille.

[quote name="badndn" post="738493" timestamp="1262659758"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=64361.msg738430#msg738430 date=1262653936]
Offense:
Ford K'ville
Reyes Wb
Johnson Silsbee
Harmon PNG

Defense:
Garrett Wb
Hale Central
Francis Ozen
Beard Lumb

[/quote]
I agree with the offense, Ford wins it, but Harmon [b]would finish second (Senior).[/b]

Beard won't make it. Maybe someone from WOS defense (Haynes) or KVille.

[/quote]

You saying Harmon would finish second because he is a senior? Johnson is a senior and had better numbers.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="738499" timestamp="1262659988"]
You saying Harmon would finish second because he is a senior? Johnson is a senior and had better numbers.
[/quote]
Think about who is voting! How many times did you see Silsbee on TV? No slight to Johnsons season, but the PNG vote will overshadow the Silsbee vote. Not fair, but true. If KVille hadn't made it to the title, Harmon would probably win the award.

In all fairness I think Reyes had the best season when yo take into account who they played and beat. Just my opinion.

[quote name="badndn" post="738512" timestamp="1262660967"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=64361.msg738499#msg738499 date=1262659988]
[/quote]
Think about who is voting! How many times did you see Silsbee on TV? No slight to Johnsons season, but the PNG vote will overshadow the Silsbee vote. Not fair, but true. If KVille hadn't made it to the title, Harmon would probably win the award.

In all fairness I think Reyes had the best season when yo take into account who they played and beat. Just my opinion.
[/quote]

Then how do you account for Silsbee players winning the award in the past? I saw Silsbee on the tube as much as I saw PNG. ;)

It may not be fair, but trust me, the national hype in the recruiting carries some weight when this award is considered. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="738513" timestamp="1262661211"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=64361.msg738512#msg738512 date=1262660967]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Then how do you account for Silsbee players winning the award in the past? I saw Silsbee on the tube as much as I saw PNG. ;)

It may not be fair, but trust me, the national hype in the recruiting carries some weight when this award is considered. ;)
[/quote]
You saw Silsbee on the TV because you live in Silsbee, but remember just about every PNG game was on replay in mid and south county each week.
Shame is we will never know because Ford will win it and and they don't announce second place!

[quote name="badndn" post="738525" timestamp="1262662243"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=64361.msg738513#msg738513 date=1262661211]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=64361.msg738512#msg738512 date=1262660967]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
You saw Silsbee on the TV because you live in Silsbee, but remember [b]just about every PNG game was on replay in mid and south county [/b] each week.
Shame is we will never know because Ford will win it and and they don't announce second place!
[/quote]

Wow what a statment. You saw png because they where replayed only in mid and south county. Silsbee did get some TV time and I can assure you they where seen in East Texas and Southeast Texas.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83