EC v HJ round 3 at FORD PARK

Looks like both clubs are looking forward to playing under the big lights. Both coaches thought about canceling this game. They have played 2 this year and both clubs could  use the rest for Dist play starting Tuesday, but both groups of kids really wonted to play in the big gym. I think both clubs respect each other and play clean and hard so here we go ring the bell round 3 starts Sat. night at 5:00

I've always thought you were better off playing than resting but this game is probably not real good for either club.Both of these clubs will pull a pretty good crowd playing at either ones home court but the semi pro club that plays at Ford Park doesn't pull much in the way of attendance so I don't see the big lights aspect.Neutral fans will go see Silsbee/Kountze HJ/Silsbee or Kountze/HJ but not many are gonna watch a rematch of a 31 point blow out.I would like to see a 2 game set at Ford Park with E/C playing Spurger and HJ taking on either the Brook or Cleveland.I would definitely pay to watch those.

[quote name="whsalum" post="737249" timestamp="1262374342"]
I've always thought you were better off playing than resting but this game is probably not real good for either club.Both of these clubs will pull a pretty good crowd playing at either ones home court but the semi pro club that plays at Ford Park doesn't pull much in the way of attendance so I don't see the big lights aspect.Neutral fans will go see Silsbee/Kountze HJ/Silsbee or Kountze/HJ but not many are gonna watch a rematch of a 31 point blow out.I would like to see a 2 game set at Ford Park with E/C playing Spurger and HJ taking on either the Brook or Cleveland.I would definitely pay to watch those.
[/quote] That machup does sound nice, but when this game was set Ec had just played HJ to a 3 point game. I to dont see much gained by playing the same team over and over.  But it will be nice for the kids to get to play at Ford Park. Hope to maybe get to see Ec and Spurger  matchup in a warm up game to start off the playoffs

[quote name="Ron Burgundy" post="737377" timestamp="1262395432"]
HJ and EC,

There are other high school basketball teams in the area. It won't hurt to play somebody besides yourselves, I promise.
[/quote] neather HJ nor EC planned this game they were invited to play. They were not scheduled to play but once this year. They just happen to meet up in the tour.

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="737390" timestamp="1262399852"]
Kountze Vs Cleveland or P.A Memorial    warm up game.
[b]Silsbee Vs Hardin Jefferson    for seed[/b]
Bmt Central Vs Nerderland     for seed

I think we could see this Playoff Preview this year.
[/quote]

You won't see this game at Ford Park. ;)

[quote name="TopDawG52" post="737390" timestamp="1262399852"]
Kountze Vs Cleveland or P.A Memorial    warm up game.
Silsbee Vs Hardin Jefferson    for seed
Bmt Central Vs Nerderland     for seed

I think we could see this Playoff Preview this year.
[/quote] The last 2 games you will prob. see but as good as Kountze is I dont think that they have enough depth to play with the 4 and 5a schools. They have 6 good players but they really fall off after that. And if eather one of the dunkers get in foul trouble they are in troub.

[quote name="whsalum" post="737437" timestamp="1262406398"]
I haven't seem Memorial this year but the Lions can play with Cleveland.As on old buddy of mine says"you don't need but 5 if you've got the right 5.
[/quote]  im not sayn played at ford park im just talking bout a playoff preview from a good source kountze are looking to play cleveland or memorial.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="737947" timestamp="1262562404"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=64275.msg737929#msg737929 date=1262561728]
As good as ktz is them vs PAM would be sketchy
[/quote]

PAM would beat Kountze by 20!!!!
[/quote] I am in no way a Kountze fan but having watched them play a few games I dont see anyone beating them by 20 Not saying they cant be beat but not by 20

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="738014" timestamp="1262565514"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=64275.msg737947#msg737947 date=1262562404]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=64275.msg737929#msg737929 date=1262561728]
As good as ktz is them vs PAM would be sketchy
[/quote]

PAM would beat Kountze by 20!!!!
[/quote]

No doubt
[/quote]
If you asked Memorial they would tell you they would not beat Kountze by 20... It would be a good game because Kountze played them pretty close this summer losing by 2
and they played w/o Troy Whisenant and Demarcus Tealer.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder