1. 1. Who Wins

• BH
    • Crosby

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crosby romps past Smiley

For the fourth game in a row, Crosby fell behind early in the game, but that was all that went wrong. The Cougars rolled to an easy win in their District 21-4A opener scoring 54 unanswered points in a 54-3 win. With the win Crosby improved to 2-2 on the year.

“After the last two games that we have played this win picked us up,†CHS head coach Kevin Flanigan said referring to close losses to Port Neches-Grove and Dickinson. “The defense played good and we needed that confidence going into our upcoming games in district.â€

The Cougars wasted little time answering Smiley’s score as Caleb Randolph returned the ensuing kickoff 84-yards for a touchdown. The extra point failed to leave the score at 6-3 but it did not matter as Crosby added 20 points in the second quarter.

Toris Doze got the route started with a 10-yard run. A touchdown pass from Durran Starks to Austin Blanscet added another score and a 15-yard touchdown run by Chance Casey took the lead to 26-3 going into the half.

Randolph scored his second touchdown of the game, when Starks connected with him on a 59-yard pass.

The Crosby defense was responsible for the next two touchdowns scoring on fumble recoveries.

Trey Buck returned the first fumble from 34-yards out and Keddy Enabulele scored the next from 14-yards out.

Overall, the Cougars recovered six fumbles and only allowed 133 yards on the night.

Casey wrapped up the scoring on an 8-yard run in the fourth quarter.

Casey led Crosby with 52 yards rushing on 10 attempts. Toris Doze added 38 yards on eight carries. Starks was 12-15 for 161 yards for two scores and no interceptions. Randolph caught two passes for 62 yards and Jessie Moore had three receptions for 47 yards.

I am going with BH on this one. Crosby is a team who is likely to make the playoffs in this district and who can score points quickly. I think BH's defense will be the difference in this game.

One thing is for sure, the Crosby coaching staff has done a little smack talking following last years scrimmage. Their coach told the Baytown Sun "we would have beating BH if it was a real game". Here is your chance...... :D:D

This is going to best a big test for BH. Playing at Crosby and the Crosby coach has some history with BH beating his Orangefield teams pretty badly in the playoffs. Thdey don't want BH coming in and taking a game at Crosby ,so I know their coach and team will get up for this game in a big way. BH/Crosby as I understand used to be a hugh rival back in the day. Should be a low scoring game with a BH win!!! It will not be easy however. Goodluck Eagles one game at a time

Once again, I think people that havnt seen BH are underestimating that defense. Theres is so much quickness and unreal power on that D-Line. Swart to this point is the Def. MVP leader... the kid is so strong 1 O-Lineman cannot handle him. The speed and athleticism on the outside is very deceptive and under rated. Do I think BH will shut Crosby out like all the other wins? No... they have good football players too. But BH's offense is starting to click really well, better than good enough to win. Special teams? BH KO and punt teams have a nose for the ball and lay the hits on when they get there. Of the 6 TD's scored against BH this year, 5 were in the 4th quarter when fatigue was a factor and reserve players were getting valuable playing time. 1 Bellville TD was scored late in the 3rd. And that drive was the only defensive series that I can remember that BH looked "out of position" on a few plays (I think a couple of penalties in there too). my prediction? Crosby may be a good team, but gotta go with what I know...and that swarming defense... BH 24 Crosby 7

I liked the way the OC changed up the play calling against FB. I think that the offensive is starting to really come together. You have to remember that this is the very first time that Blake Patton has played QB, but he is very athletic and is becoming a real field general. His brother isn't doing to bad either. Mason Fisher is just awesome at snagging that ball. The defense is great but the score is zero to zero if there is nothing but defense.

This is going to be a good game.

Of course every week is going to be a good game because we have no idea of what to expect from the opposing team.

This is 4A and every team can bring it.

Crosby has always had tons of talent.

It is just a matter of if they can put it all together and keep it together the entire game.

I agree that this will be BH's biggest test so far this year in an actual game situation.

I to think people are under estimating the Hill's defense.

They are even better than their points allowed shows due to the late quarter scoring.

Our offense is no doubt getting better every snap.

I am going to go with my obviouse favorite here and "THE HILL".

BH 27

Crosby 14

BH Offense 2006 4 game Totals

Rushing Carries Yards TD

Todd Patton 53 291 2

Blake Patton 52 268 4

Derek Wingate 3 11

Jeremy Whitcomb 4 5

Jamey Griggs 2 1

Chris Bradshaw 3 5

Andrew Little 2 -1

Michael Davis 3 6

Rushing Totals 122 586 6

Passing Comp Att Yards TDS INT

Blake Patton 51 78 702 6 1

Chris Bradshaw 0 1

Passing Totals 51 79 702 6 1

Receiving Rec Yards TDS

Mason Fisher 18 297 3

Todd Patton 10 200

Jared Smith 10 59 1

Michael Davis 9 76 2

Nick Coggin 3 41

Jamey Griggs 1 29

Receiving Totals 51 702 6

Crosby, Barbers Hill set to get reacquainted

By Michael Pineda

Baytown Sun

Published October 5, 2006

This Friday a rivalry will be rekindled on the gridiron when Crosby hosts Barbers Hill. The regular season meeting was brought about by the latest UIL district realignment which saw the Eagles move up to Class 4A.

While the two teams have not met in a regular season game in recent memory, they have scrimmaged each other in the preseason. As the Cougars prepare for their second district meeting they do so with a healthy respect for their neighbors to the East.

“I know they have a lot of skill people,†CHS defensive end Greg Buckner said. “They accomplish their assignments. They execute what their coaches teach them. We have to focus on our picture. When I say picture I mean we can’t be worried about anything but the game and our assignments.â€

Buckner has been one of the leaders for the Crosby defense over the last two years. The senior started on the other side of the ball as a running back his sophomore year. Buckner switched to the defensive side of the ball and has not looked back becoming one of the Cougars more productive players.

“I just love the game,†Buckner said. “I love hitting people and being better than my opponent. Being on the offense helped me defensively. When I moved I did what I had to do. It was hard at first but it has worked out well.

“We strive for excellence defensively. And there is always room for improvement. We are a playoff team, I can actually say that.â€

Buckner and the rest of the Cougars will have their work cut out for them when they face the talented no-huddle offense of Barbers Hill. Crosby forced six turnovers against Smiley and scored two touchdowns defensively but the Eagles will not be as generous.

“Barbers Hill doesn’t make mistakes,†CHS head coach Kevin Flanigan added. “They don’t turn the ball over and they tackle very well. You do those two things and you are going to win a lot of ballgames. They are extremely sound fundamentally. You try to keep a fine line between expressing how good a program is without intimidating the kids.â€

Crosby is coming off of a feel good 54-3 win against Smiley. The Cougars district opening victory came on the heels of two tough consecutive losses to Port Neches-Grove and Dickinson.

“The win gave us a lot more confidence,†Buckner said. “In the other games we didn’t have our heads in the game. The Dickinson loss hurt really bad. It hurts more when you know that you should have won it.â€

“After the close games with PNG and the Dickinson thing,†Flanigan said, “It really cured a lot of ills. A big win cures a lot of things. We had some big plays. I don’t think that they are satisfied but we did some things to improve.

“We will have to play our best game of the year to beat Barbers Hill.â€

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flanagin seems to have changed his tune from the scrimmage interview last year. I wonder if it because it GAME TIME BABY!!!! Goodluck Eagles this should be a good one!

I thought anything involving a scrimmage wasn't important to BH fans. :D:D:D

Good luck vs. Crosby. So far, so good in 4A. Gotta like it.

I have no doubt Crosby is treating this game like it is the Super Bowl x2. Their coach has said a lot of things over the years about their ability to have beatin us in scrimmages but chose not to try. I hope we wip them by 40, but I doubt that will happen.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83