who will you miss most in 2010

skipper

skipper, you and I both know that if Coach Owens is not able to continue coaching WOS next year, that will be a tragidy for the Mustangs and the entire City of Orange.  I hope you will all pray with me, for Coach Owens to recover and be there on the top row of Hooks Stadium  shouting the plays to the OC. 

;D ;D ;D.mr speveto,i feel sure he will be there he and foreman are on the same page now lol.well my friend i am going to say merry christmas to you hope santa brings you that blond you always wanted. the weather here in calf is outstanding sorry i could not get you that field pass you wanted, but look for me

I know most of you would expect me to say Harmon (and he would be a close second), but I think the Benoit/Kerr duo will be a greater loss. We still have an offensive leader in Doty, but lossing those guys on defense, both two year starters at the ILB spots, means finding a new leader on that side of the ball.

[quote name="TexazBall" post="731363" timestamp="1260977630"]
#44 Jacolby Hale
His Prove to Me agianst Friednswood with his leadership skills and play, He will be playing somewere big on Saturdays n Sundays..
[/quote]
Utah is were he is verbaled. Not a bad program. Not sure how much he will like the state of Utah. Lot different from SETX in scenary and the people, but the football program is right on the edge of BCS Bowl year in and year out (ask Alabama!)

[quote name="skipper" post="731021" timestamp="1260921873"]
;D ;D ;D.mr speveto,i feel sure he will be there he and foreman are on the same page now lol.well my friend i am going to say merry christmas to you hope santa brings you that blond you always wanted. the weather here in calf is outstanding sorry i could not get you that field pass you wanted, but look for me
[/quote]      skipper, i know Coach Owens pretty well but i know you are closer to him than anyone else. i know for a fact that he receives alot of advice from you.  i know he trust the advice that he receives from you.he would never be where he is today without the help he receives from you.keep up the good wotk.    as far as santa bringing me a blond, well lets just say the last one he brought me turned out to be more trouble than she was worth.

[quote name="TexazBall" post="731363" timestamp="1260977630"]
#44 Jacolby Hale
His Prove to Me agianst Friednswood with his leadership skills and play, He will be playing somewere big on Saturdays n Sundays..
[/quote]I second that!  Hale and #43 William Jones, the MLB.  These two made our LB chore one of the best in the area.  

[quote name="badndn" post="731344" timestamp="1260976205"]
I know most of you would expect me to say Harmon (and he would be a close second), but I think the Benoit/Kerr duo will be a greater loss. We still have an offensive leader in Doty, but lossing those guys on defense, both two year starters at the ILB spots, means finding a new leader on that side of the ball.
[/quote]
Good point, but we have some good potential replacements to reload with. Does Jake Davis play inside or outside LB. I think Larry Padia might make a good LB( he listed as RB now). As far as Harmon, he will be missed even though Chase Bertrand will be a great back. He is a completely different style back, a lot more break away speed but not near as strong.With the O line back our RB's will have a big advantage.

As far as the Indian defense, I think Dre Dunbar will be missed the most. I haven't seen much of the JV, but there are some big quick kids that can fill the LB & DE shoes. I don't know about cornerbacks or safetys. On the O-side, of course Caleb Harmon will be missed, but I'm excited about those returning. This was such a fantastic year, I'm missing it already!

The inside D lineman, Bennett will be the player hardest to replace at West Brook.  He is an undersized inside D lineman but if you saw this young man play ball you know what I am talking about.  He hustles sideline to sideline, relentlessly pursues the ball and makes big plays at big moments.  West Brook developed a lot of young talent on the line this past year and ultimately will find replacements but replacing Bennett's heart..........they will be fortunate to come close.

While I agree that Dunbars playmaking ability will be missed, I think the inexperience at ILB as the guy that keeps the defense straight will be the hardest thing to replace early. remember they are essential the QB on defense. Those two guys were always active pre-snap in getting the Dline in position and play recognition. That takes time to develop. If you think back to most of our really good defenses they had a second year guy at LB.

You will probably see the same thing with Central (Hale) and Lumberton (Beard). Notice most posters from those schools are saying the same thing.

2 time all-state defensive tackle Tony Hill-Dayton.Wishing him well w/surgery and a speedy recovery.Injured late in the 1st qtr.against Brenham.What a career for the Broncos w/semi finals-finals-quarterfinals appearances-He will be long remembered by Bronco faithful.Good Luck @ the next level ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder