4A-II Texas Bowl - Aledo vs. Brenham....Aledo Wins The Title!!!!!!!!

Thanks CircleChange. Hey API Steve, we were just wondering what it's like to go through life being a whining, has-been, DEFEATED, PUNK LOSER that hides out on message boards. That's what you are, so you should be able to tell us. Congratulations to the Aledo Bearcats on winning the Class 4A Division II State Championship!! And to the Cubs, thanks for the great ride and many wonderful memories. With a lot of talent returning, should be a fun year next year as well.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan
Just wanted to say it was an great game, despite Brenham not taking home the SC. Brenham pushed Aledo to wall, and probably would have won if not for the shaky start, going down 14-0 within the first few minuets.

Brenham deserves a ton of credit, haveing a great school, great fan support, a fantastic team, and  excellent sportsmanship.  ;D     

It was my pleasure to be there supporting the Cubs!  :)

Should hear a lot from both these teams over the next couple of years.  The fact that we are going to get to enjoy Mr. Grey and Mr. Bishop for the next two years is amazing.  There are numerous other juniors and sophomores that will be returning as well.  What is going to hurt is having to replace Michael Williams, Danny Heiss and Dillon Hawkins.  They may not get all the praise that JGrey does but they have been keys to our success.

And how about Trey Ozee.  He is fantastic young man that is a real leader on this team.  Not a lot of players would have responded the way he did when he went out early in the season and by the time he came back found that his job had been given to a sophomore.  He certainly contributed in his new position for the rest of the season and was a big part of the overall success.  The fact that he got to start his last high school game in his old position and then put us in a position to win was just a fantastic end for a great kid!

Brenham was a great team with great fans and I would not be surprised if our paths cross again over the next few years.  Congrats for a fantastic season!

[quote name="aledofan" post="734249" timestamp="1261502982"]
Should hear a lot from both these teams over the next couple of years.  The fact that we are going to get to enjoy Mr. Grey and Mr. Bishop for the next two years is amazing.  There are numerous other juniors and sophomores that will be returning as well.  What is going to hurt is having to replace Michael Williams, Danny Heiss and Dillon Hawkins.  They may not get all the praise that JGrey does but they have been keys to our success.

And how about Trey Ozee.  He is fantastic young man that is a real leader on this team.  Not a lot of players would have responded the way he did when he went out early in the season and by the time he came back found that his job had been given to a sophomore.  He certainly contributed in his new position for the rest of the season and was a big part of the overall success.  The fact that he got to start his last high school game in his old position and then put us in a position to win was just a fantastic end for a great kid!

Brenham was a great team with great fans and I would not be surprised if our paths cross again over the next few years.  Congrats for a fantastic season!
[/quote]

Amen to that....I would be surprised if both teams arnt playing in atleast the quarter finals within the next 2 years.

[quote name="buckin bronco 09" post="734245" timestamp="1261501796"]
[quote author=stevieray link=topic=63696.msg733941#msg733941 date=1261424222]
Aledo was the real deal and will be that way for 2 more years...

[/quote]
yea and so will brenham. most of there playmakers were sophomores and juniors.
[/quote]

I agree and I hope it didn't look like I was dissing Brenham...These two teams will be be in the hunt the next two years....Going to be fun to watch!

[quote name="stevieray" post="734276" timestamp="1261514166"]
[quote author=buckin bronco 09 link=topic=63696.msg734245#msg734245 date=1261501796]
[quote author=stevieray link=topic=63696.msg733941#msg733941 date=1261424222]
Aledo was the real deal and will be that way for 2 more years...

[/quote]
yea and so will brenham. most of there playmakers were sophomores and juniors.
[/quote]

I agree and I hope it didn't look like I was dissing Brenham...These two teams will be be in the hunt the next two years....Going to be fun to watch!
[/quote]

Not at all...maybe by then we will have as much support for our football team, as we do for our baseball team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn