Whatever happened to derrick hall from Central?

westend1

If your the #9 athlete in the nation, you probably have opportunities to play alot of places.  Why in the heck would you want to play for an upstart program who will take their lumps for the first few years you are there.  I know its nice to be close to home, but go play at Houston or A&M.  Somewhere you can make a name for yourself and play in front of more people than you did in HS.

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="728014" timestamp="1260541317"]
If your the #9 athlete in the nation, you probably have opportunities to play alot of places.  Why in the heck would you want to play for an upstart program who will take their lumps for the first few years you are there.  I know its nice to be close to home, but go play at Houston or A&M.  Somewhere you can make a name for yourself and play in front of more people than you did in HS.
[/quote]You made a very logical statement. I don't know who you guys are talking about but I can tell you this: He may have been #9 his senior year, but you also have to remember the #1's, 2's 3's and #4's coming out the following year. And if he stayed at a JC for 2 years, it stacks up on him more.

[quote name="BIG HOUSE" post="729031" timestamp="1260661139"]
I saw him in his senior campaign and was not very impressed.....just my opion......heard he will be back at Lamar
[/quote]His junior season was marred by a [s]ankle[/s] injury. I really felt he never really recovered from that injury. It carried over into his senior year. He wasn't as confident IMO.

Hall was Beastly his Freshman - Jr. years.  He got his leg broke in the 2006 Barbers Hill playoff game and was never the same.  So, I think you may need to look back to those years.  Also, his senior year was the 2007 team, which was slopping over with talent, but we ran out of steam in district and missed the playoffs...

it was alot of reason the 2007 Team didnt live up to expectations..But thats Another story..But Derrick will be Attending LU..Hes Currently at Navarro getting his grades, also hes doing pretty darn good playing ball for the bulldogs..Looks to be back to his old self

Spoke to Frog the other day...he has offers from Pitt, A&M, Okie State, and others...and I can't believe he is coming to LU.  If you know anything about him or his life you'd know that coming back to BMT is a big mistake for him...but look at it from this perspective, a chance to big a big fish in a litttle pond!  With all the dummies, I mean kids that left those top flight programs to come back here it could be a special college experience.  However, they could fall on their face if they don't drop their nuts and work hard! 

[quote name="obcowboy" post="731397" timestamp="1260980209"]
Spoke to Frog the other day...he has offers from Pitt, A&M, Okie State, and others...and I can't believe he is coming to LU.  If you know anything about him or his life you'd know that coming back to BMT is a big mistake for him...but look at it from this perspective, a chance to big a big fish in a litttle pond!  With all the dummies, I mean kids that left those top flight programs to come back here it could be a special college experience.  However, they could fall on their face if they don't drop their nuts and work hard! 
[/quote]

Yea I know what you Mean..Thts why Charlie T. and JT both Are doing very Well..Comeing back to beaumont may not be the best for some of the kids who left Central..And Agian you have to know what im talking bout to get what im saying..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder