What teams to you want to schedule next Non District?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="728029" timestamp="1260542775"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=63605.msg727993#msg727993 date=1260537591]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=63605.msg727508#msg727508 date=1260458020]
I say Put Lufkin back on the schedule.  Also, make it a way for us to play Brook at the last game of the season, since we seem to peak late.  I say, Keep Memorial and Drop Galveston ball and Schedule either Dayton or WO-S!  
[/quote]
Don't forget, we peeked late too....c'mon, you don't want to make an excuse.
[/quote]Come on, Rey.  You know I never make excuses.  I was saying that because Central used to play Brook at the last game of the season all the time, and I would love to see that again.  You trying to get me riled up with the Central/Brook thing!  ;D
[/quote]
;D

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pirates
[quote name="SgtRey" post="727994" timestamp="1260537723"]
[quote author=Pirates link=topic=63605.msg727972#msg727972 date=1260529593]
[quote author=~old_wildcat~ link=topic=63605.msg727481#msg727481 date=1260454260]
Kirbyville has always played 3A teams (at least a couple) in non district...I think the better the competition you play the more you learn and become a better & tougher team for district..This year Kville played ( 5) 3A schools in non district games...I'd much rather have a team that's ready for district and a loss or two,than a team who has played weaker teams,and gets killed in district play..It don't count till you get to district anyway..If you want a team with a lot of wins play weaker teams..If you want a winning team,play the best...JMO

" GO WILDCAT'S"
[/quote]

Kirbyville is one of those teams that could beat anyone. [b] I can promise you that a 4a or even some 5a teams would not ever schedule them.[/b]  The "poop" would hit the fan if they was to beat a prominent 4a or 5a team.
[/quote]
Can you give me a real reason why a 5A team would want to schedule a 2A team....so, you're saying Kville would be better on WB's schedule than.....Katy? Westfield? Ike?....hmmm...ok.. ???

[/quote]
I did not say that at all.  What I was trying to say, Kirbyville is a good enough team to beat some 4a and 5a teams.  It's one thing to get beat by a team 1 classification below you, but to get beat by a team 2 or 3 classifications below you would not set well.

I did not imply at all, that Westbrook would get beat by Kirbyville or that a Westbrook and Kirbyville match up would not be good for both teams.

When coaches schedule non-district games, they try to keep them 1 classification either way.  4a would either schedule a non-district game with a 3a or a 5a team.  It does not always happen that way, it's just a rule of thumb that is used.

I'm sorry if I offended you, that was not my intention.

[quote name="Pirates" post="728256" timestamp="1260561692"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=63605.msg727994#msg727994 date=1260537723]
[quote author=Pirates link=topic=63605.msg727972#msg727972 date=1260529593]
[quote author=~old_wildcat~ link=topic=63605.msg727481#msg727481 date=1260454260]
Kirbyville has always played 3A teams (at least a couple) in non district...I think the better the competition you play the more you learn and become a better & tougher team for district..This year Kville played ( 5) 3A schools in non district games...I'd much rather have a team that's ready for district and a loss or two,than a team who has played weaker teams,and gets killed in district play..It don't count till you get to district anyway..If you want a team with a lot of wins play weaker teams..If you want a winning team,play the best...JMO

" GO WILDCAT'S"
[/quote]

Kirbyville is one of those teams that could beat anyone. [b] I can promise you that a 4a or even some 5a teams would not ever schedule them.[/b]  The "poop" would hit the fan if they was to beat a prominent 4a or 5a team.
[/quote]
Can you give me a real reason why a 5A team would want to schedule a 2A team....so, you're saying Kville would be better on WB's schedule than.....Katy? Westfield? Ike?....hmmm...ok.. ???

[/quote]
I did not say that at all.  What I was trying to say, Kirbyville is a good enough team to beat some 4a and 5a teams.  It's one thing to get beat by a team 1 classification below you, but to get beat by a team 2 or 3 classifications below you would not set well.

I did not imply at all, that Westbrook would get beat by Kirbyville or that a Westbrook and Kirbyville match up would not be good for both teams.

When coaches schedule non-district games, they try to keep them 1 classification either way.  4a would either schedule a non-district game with a 3a or a 5a team.  It does not always happen that way, it's just a rule of thumb that is used.

I'm sorry if I offended you, that was not my intention.

[/quote]
Not offeded at all, you are correct in the fact that it would not settle well for a team to loose to a lower classification.  K'ville has a great team and will win the State Title today....I want to be the first to send CONGRADS!!!  I called Cleo at the nursing home, she said 35-14 K'ville... ;D

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="bh89-2" post="728285" timestamp="1260564172"]
Katy, Longview, Dallas Carter............ ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]

Those Hill boys like starting 0'fer I guess.

I figure they'll get Summer Creek, Porter and any other new school with a JV playing a Varsity schedule. Make the new guy feel welcomed.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="728357" timestamp="1260570377"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=63605.msg728285#msg728285 date=1260564172]
Katy, Longview, Dallas Carter............ ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]

Those Hill boys like starting 0'fer I guess.

I figure they'll get Summer Creek, Porter and any other new school with a JV playing a Varsity schedule. Make the new guy feel welcomed.
[/quote]

It doesn't matter who the HILL plays in non-district....They still will finish 4th or below in district......

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="skipper" post="728405" timestamp="1260576549"]
as a west orange fan like to see  the stings play #1 LC-M  #2 DAYTON  #3 PM-G  #4 NEDERLAND  #5 KIRBYVILLE
[/quote]

Im glad you kept Kville in there!  LOL  Those boys are determined to get that W over WOS one of these years lol

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="rykerx144" post="728527" timestamp="1260597385"]
No way Kville could ever compete with WB, but im pretty sure WB would walk away impressed with the 2A team.
[/quote]

Kville at this time I personally think can compete with any 3A team and some 4A teams in our area,leaving things as they are and Kville competing week after week wouldn't be easy when you bring in the enrollment factor and Kville having kids playing both sides of the ball..that's the glitch in playing 2A ball..Not enough good athletes to fill offensive and defensive positions..Oh well I'll take the smaller school status,for not having all the other things that living in a big town bring with it...JMO...."green acres is the place for me"... ;D

I think NHS does it right, WOS (a top 3A team) then a mediocre 4A playoff team (Willis, Waller) and then a power 4A team (Friendswood, Brenham). Playing a 5A power like Katy does NHS no good, just get run over, hard to execute, which is what you are trying to get done predistrict.

[quote name="katdaddy" post="728623" timestamp="1260638047"]
I think NHS does it right, WOS (a top 3A team) then a mediocre 4A playoff team (Willis, Waller) and then a power 4A team (Friendswood, Brenham). Playing a 5A power like Katy does NHS no good, just get run over, hard to execute, which is what you are trying to get done predistrict.
[/quote]

Do you really think that Katy would play NHS? Joke

[quote name="pngfan66" post="727450" timestamp="1260448912"]
PNG: Westbrook
        PAM
        Friendswood, Dayton, Brenham, WOS.

Not in any particular order, but would be a great non-district schedule and a great warm up for district.
[/quote]            I don`t  think PNG wants any part of WOS.  I can`t  remember the last time PNG beat that little 3A team.

For Kville, I would like to see these matchups...

1. Jasper (of course)
2. Coldspring
3. WOS
4. Silsbee

We have competed with all of these at one time or another and I have to say competed VERY WELL... beat all but 1...WOS..we're out to get them this year though! Hopefully this game will be on our HOME turf this year if played.

[quote name="kvillefan1992" post="729970" timestamp="1260765706"]

1. Jasper (of course)
2. Coldspring
3. WOS
4. Silsbee

We have competed with all of these at one time or another and I have to say competed VERY WELL... beat all but 1...WOS..we're out to get them this year though! Hopefully this game will be on our HOME turf this year if played.
[/quote]
nice matchups kvillefan1992 i would also like to see kirbyville play anahuac in the pre district schedule

Guest ~old_wildcat~
I don't really care who we play in non district games..IMO non district games shouldn't count on a team's record as a lot of school's play teams out of their classifaction..I think a teams record should start at district..That would eliminate who played the tougher schedule..It don't make any difference if you play the Roganville Roughriders or Bon Weir Bobcats the way it's set up now..But of course we would lose a lot of arguing power on these forums...JMO..

[quote name="speedkills" post="729995" timestamp="1260767880"]
[quote author=kvillefan1992 link=topic=63605.msg729970#msg729970 date=1260765706]

1. Jasper (of course)
2. Coldspring
3. WOS
4. Silsbee

[/quote]
nice matchups kvillefan1992 i would also like to see kirbyville play anahuac in the pre district schedule

[/quote]

Anahuac could very well be in our district next year

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder