Dayton55 Lumberton 7 FINAL/Post Game Comments

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here are the facts. Purple pride you are very kind but mislead a bit.

Cody Green #21 is the starting QB and he is a sophmore. He played the whole game for experience. Mike Dugat played only 1 series in the 3rd quarter. The starting wr's were sitting on the bench in the middle of the 3rd quarter. The starting offensive line and defensive line did not play in the 4th quarter. Every kid on the team played by the 1st series in the 4th quarter. With 4 minutes to go in the game Dayton ran 5 qb sneaks in a row when Dayton was inside the 15. Coach Stewart would not let the offense score any more.

Ok here are the facts. Purple pride you are very kind but mislead a bit.

Cody Green #21 is the starting QB and he is a sophmore. He played the whole game for experience. Mike Dugat played only 1 series in the 3rd quarter. The starting wr's were sitting on the bench in the middle of the 3rd quarter. The starting offensive line and defensive line did not play in the 4th quarter. Every kid on the team played by the 1st series in the 4th quarter. With 4 minutes to go in the game Dayton ran 5 qb sneaks in a row when Dayton was inside the 15. Coach Stewart would not let the offense score any more.

sounds like a little mercy on Dayton's part

Guest BIG HOUSE

Congrats to DAYTON!! Big WIN! They really put it on us tonight..

This DAYTON team has a ton of defensive speed. They will certainly be right at the top of the district hunt. Great offense as well.

Thanks for the comments purplepride.

Our kids will keep their heads up and play hard next week.

Simply put we were OUT MATCHED. NO EXCUSES.

GOOD TO DAYTON THE REST OF THE WAY!!!!

Guest PurplePride

I also thought Thomas was our first string QB! Cody Green is 2nd string or so he says/thinks he is....anyway.....I do not remember him being the QB from the start!? Don't think so.....not going to argue with anyone, that is not why I am on this board, I leave that stuff to other boards..and yes, everyone got to play at least in ONE play..please do not make me name anyones name...BUT, I do NOT think I am misleading anyone...I just may not do the talk of "smack" very well, ...sorry...we ARE talking about kids here that play with HEART and I appreciate everyone of them....I know, I am no fun...just truthful as I see it...

great game dayton... ya have plenty of athletes and skill to win the district good luck to yall.. as far as the game goes we got off to a bad start...2 fumbles within the first 3 plays inside the 30 yd line isnt how u want to come out.. but even without all the mistakes we had dayton looked like a good playoff contender good luck to them

well I stated in one of the last post that I would gladly eat crow, because it was worth supporting my team, and it is. Dayton, my hat is off to you. You have a phenomenal team. Some of your team members are rude, and unsportsman like, judging from the post on the raider myspace that issued personal threats of fights after the game, and from some of the things that happened durring the game. But as a team you play good football. I have been to alot of football games and I have seen alot of good teams, especially in the district that we are in. I can honestly say I have never seen a team like this. I hate to say this but I dont think anyone in this district will touch them...someone might beat them, but they will probably win district if they keep playing like that. The Raiders made some mistakes tonight, and one very bad spirit crushing bad call, but even without all of that, They were just a phenomenal team...I kindof wish they stayed where they were. As far as the Raiders go. Their loss was humbling enough. Alot of the guys get on this site so please show them a little respect. I wanted to share with yall the post I wrote them on the Raider Myspace:

I thought alot about what to say to you guys tonight. You when I created this site, the very first thing I wrote was this:

Raiders, you guys are awesome and you are being led by a phenomenal coach. Along with your number, you have greatness written on your jerseys. Don't let anyone see any different. No matter what, we as a community stand behind you 100%. You are OUR team, and we are YOUR fans. so Go, Fight, Win.

I wrote that knowing full well that there would come a day when the team will loose. I wrote that knowing that when that day came, that that statement would not change. You are awesome. You are led by a phenomenal coach. I know alot of you personally and when I say that you have greatness written on your jerseys, I dont just mean a history of winning or and unbelievable talent. I mean you as individuals are truly great. You as a team are truly great. Don't let anyone believe any different. And lastly, we as a community stand behind you 100% I have more respect for you guys than you will ever know. You are our team and we are your loyal fans.

That being said, we have a long season ahead with many challenges to face. If you let tonight tear you down, you might as well not show up to the rest of the games. Look at this game like the battle of the Alamo. When Texas fought for independence from mexico, they were devestated when Mexico completely conquered the battle of the Alamo. Had Texas given up after defeat, we would not have this great state to call our own. Sure, they lost a battle, but they recooped, came back and won the war. This was only a battle.Don't let this be the reason you loose the war.

On Monday I am putting "My House" back on the music and I will leave Last night as a lesson learned long in the past. I urge you as the team and fans to do the same.

Go, Fight, Win.

JMarc~

The fact that Lumberton's 2 best players were out, and Lumberton was playing their worst, and Dayton brought their a-game. I t woasnt a good night. Michael Dugat had a pretty good game, but he wasnt as fast as i excpected. I think Dyton will have trouble with fast defenses, but they will go to the playoffs for sure with the defense they had. I really underestimated the Bronco defense, but they proved me wrong. I wish Dayton good luck the rest of the year, and I hope Lumberton can pull it back together next week.

:o Congrats to the Broncos. They were certianly better than i expected.

:!: We had to play a near perfect game to be in this one and we obviously didn't do that. We gift wrapped 14 points in the first 1:30 and it went down hill from there.

:cry: This is not an excuse because i think Dayton would have won with a perfectly called game by the refs BUT that had to be one of the worst officiated games i have ever seen. The first TD bounced off the turf before being snagged by the receiver. That play was shown on the High School Scoreboard on FSN and it clearly was not a TD. Two missed clips on a punt return for a TD, several missed illegal procedure calls on the running back, etc. At least they called the several blatant unsportsmanlike penalties on the broncos.

:!: It is tough playing a very talented team AND a terrible officiating crew.

:idea: Good Luck to the Broncos. With the Nederland lost I know think you guys will win district.

:D Our Raiders will be back Friday night to fight another battle against Vidor. Our team and fans will be there ready for some action!!!

It is sad to come on here and complain about the refs. Yes they did miss some on Dayton but I can assure you they missed just as many against Lumberton with holding calls on the sweeps. It all evens out in the wash. Lumberton has some good kids and they will get better but without any speed it will hard to compete against anyone but Cleveland and New Caney.

First of all the Broncos had more pen. in the game than Lumberton did. The 1st personal foul was a good call. The second personal foul was after 2 Lumberton players hit # 1 after the whistle and then # 1 pushed him. #1 should not have done that and he is a great young man and he was sorry for that. If # 12 for yall would have played it would not have made a difference. # 44 is just a mouth not a player. After the game he told # 9 that he was lucky that he didnt play. There was no reason for that. I hope #44 gets well for he can have a good season. Good Lumberton for the rest of the season.

It's funny to me that Lumberton would even complain about calls. The bottom line is Lumberton is not a very good team. Different season, same story as far as I am concerned. Playing a weak non-district and everyone thinks they are the '72 Dolphins, then getting pounded in every district game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476