For those of us that are out...

The Icon

[quote name="The Godfather" post="715946" timestamp="1258944219"]
Since some of our teams are done for the season, I thought it would be neat to possibly voice concerns or excitement for next season.

Who is coming back? Any JV/Freshman that can be contributors next year? Etc...
[/quote]

Let you know when we're done.!

[font=Comic Sans MS]What about Soccer???  Doesn't anyone care about SOCCER????  I challange all you die hard football fans to come out and watch a soccer game or two.  It is like watching football without pads sometimes.  If you are going to support a school then support all the sports...[/font]  [color=goldenrod][/color]

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="Dogs2x2" post="716143" timestamp="1258990155"]
[font=Comic Sans MS]What about Soccer???  Doesn't anyone care about SOCCER????  I challange all you die hard football fans to come out and watch a soccer game or two.  It is like watching football without pads sometimes.  If you are going to support a school then support all the sports...[/font]  [color=goldenrod][/color]
[/quote]

The weather is too miserable during soccer season to sit outside and watch a game. Besides, if you think football parents are crazy and hammer the coaches and officials, go to a high school soccer game, you'll quickly change your mind.

[quote name="Dogs2x2" post="716143" timestamp="1258990155"]
[/quote]To me it is like watching paint dry--like hockey I just can't take it.

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="716173" timestamp="1258992846"]
[quote author=Dogs2x2 link=topic=62860.msg716143#msg716143 date=1258990155]
[/quote]

I'd rather get my arse whipped then watch soccer....sorry.

[quote name="7mary3" post="716175" timestamp="1258992960"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=62860.msg716173#msg716173 date=1258992846]
[/quote]

[/quote]
;D ;D ;D

Here are the WO-S players from this years team that will be back next year.

[b]#2 Darius Robinson [/b]
[b]#3 Darius Mitchell
#5 Justin Thomas
#6 Shaquille Jackson
#12 Reggie Garrett
#13 DeCarlos Renfro
#16 Wilson Washington [/b]
#17 Jimmy Salters
[b]#18 Mark Roberts [/b]
#19 Robert Redd
[b]#43 Britton Lindsey
#44 Brenson Lindsey [/b]
[b]#51 Donovan Rubin
#52 Lawrence Gilmore [/b]
#62 Luke Domas
[b]#65 Cameron Allen
#67 Evander Guillory [/b]
#68 Robert Gooding
[b]#72 Justin Petry [/b]
#78 Brandon Richard
[b]#4 Bradon Forward[/b]

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="716149" timestamp="1258990561"]
My Jags are not finished.  We don't know what the word 'done' means...
[/quote]
It's simple really, you look up on the scoreboard after the game during the playoffs and if your # is smaller than theirs.. then your done!  ;D
Now before you jump on me, I was just kidding you a little. Good luck next week!

[quote name="7mary3" post="716175" timestamp="1258992960"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=62860.msg716173#msg716173 date=1258992846]
[/quote]

[/quote]LMAO

I personally enjoy soccer, but that's neither here nor there lol!

Nederland has #2 Dionte returning at the trigger along with 3 experienced wideouts in #12 Schlett, #4 Salenga and #9 Sonnier.

The defense also returns quite a few with at least some game experience. DBs: #20 Kemp, #9 Sonnier, #85 Alpough, #24 H. Butler, #14 B. Butler and #10 Ridgaway. LBs: #45 Brown and #29 Delord; plus #54 Bill and #18 Carr on the DL.

I believe that a productive off season along with the development of some talented kids from the freshman group will put the Dogs right back in the mix of things next season.

[quote name="scooter!" post="716640" timestamp="1259033213"]
who is our QB next year?

and yeah, Titans will be loaded, both JV teams combined for only 2 losses i do believe.
[/quote]Terrance Singleton most likley, and he is the real :o real :o :o deal, but Antonio Jenkins looked really really good closing out  the season. The differance is singleton is 6'0" - 6'1", Jenkins is 5'9"- 5'10" maybe, but throws beautiful ball short and deep. either way both are  athletic and will be on the field some where. I would give the Jenkins the mental edge you know extending the play looking down field while scrambling. Singleton will be like the QB from silsbee Jeremy Johnson and he is the Big Game breaker, Electric with the ball!!!!!!!! :o

[quote name="GCMPats" post="716168" timestamp="1258992152"]
[/quote]

The weather is too miserable during soccer season to sit outside and watch a game. Besides, if you think football parents are crazy and hammer the coaches and officials, go to a high school soccer game, you'll quickly change your mind.
[/quote]

Youth soccer is played in the fall, which can be pretty miserable when it rains, particularly down by the Port of Orange where the fire ants try using your legs as high ground.

High school soccer is late winter/spring (which can be miserable too) so its too early to complain about not being supported.

If football players aren't going to run track, soccer is a great sport to get into for conditioning.  It's also good for learning to take angles on the offensive player.

[quote name="LCM76" post="717780" timestamp="1259203286"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=62860.msg716168#msg716168 date=1258992152]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Youth soccer is played in the fall, which can be pretty miserable when it rains, particularly down by the Port of Orange where the fire ants try using your legs as high ground.

High school soccer is late winter/spring (which can be miserable too) so its too early to complain about not being supported.

[b]If football players aren't going to run track, soccer is a great sport to get into for conditioning.  It's also good for learning to take angles on the offensive player.[/b]

[/quote]You might be on to something. 8)

[quote name="The GOAT" post="717808" timestamp="1259205165"]
[quote author=LCM76 link=topic=62860.msg717780#msg717780 date=1259203286]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=62860.msg716168#msg716168 date=1258992152]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]If football players aren't going to run track, soccer is a great sport to get into for conditioning.  It's also good for learning to take angles on the offensive player.[/b]

[/quote]You might be on to something. 8)
[/quote]it helps

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="LCM76" post="717780" timestamp="1259203286"]

Youth soccer is played in the fall, ....

If football players aren't going to run track, soccer is a great sport to get into for conditioning.  It's also good for learning to take angles on the offensive player.
[/quote]

Soccer, and youth soccer in particular, is highly beneficial to developing fundamentals used in HS football. Kicking skills might quickly come to mind, but thats just the start of it. Teamwork, conditioning, agility, and yes, competitive aggression all build up for the younger ones. Most soccer players can run like the wind. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami