Dayton and El Campo

Friday night, 7 p.m. Tully Stadium (S. of I=10 on Dairy Ashford)

Was talk of it being at 6, but another game was set for the afternoon. A lot of fans missed the first Dayton score and the fumble and recovery that set up the second touchdown because evidently, they were thinking 7:30 instead of 7, or relied on some misinformation. Anyway, this is what I have been told - Fri. 7 pm Tully.

[quote name="Mike George" post="715450" timestamp="1258897326"]
Friday night, 7 p.m. Tully Stadium (S. of I=10 on Dairy Ashford)

Was talk of it being at 6, but another game was set for the afternoon. A lot of fans missed the first Dayton score and the fumble and recovery that set up the second touchdown because evidently, they were thinking 7:30 instead of 7, or relied on some misinformation. Anyway, this is what I have been told - Fri. 7 pm Tully.
[/quote]ty mike

[quote name="rapayne" post="715494" timestamp="1258900763"]
We are looking for a gathering place before the game in the Memorial/ DA area for anyone interested, kind of a tailgate inside, LOL! The Bama and Auburn game is on at 2:30 that afternoon, so we will do a BW3 or something. I will let ya'll know!!
[/quote]

Are you the same writer that has covered Dayton the last two years? Was there a man name Mike that use to get on here? What happen to him? May have the name wrong.

[quote name="liltex" post="715574" timestamp="1258908066"]
He's @ every Bronco game but only recently started posting again.Mike George.ETBU what you think bout dem Broncos-Honestly.
[/quote]

I think that they are well Coached and kids do not take no for a answer. In a down year to go this far? Crazy and they are peaking at the right time. Sounds like they are like Marshall as long as they can avoid laying the ball on the carpet they can win. If they don they will loose. How can you not like a team that the HC daughter is a Etbu Tiger?  ;D Plus Roger Sutterfield along with Frank Wilson played Etbu. GO BRONCOS.  8) I think that Frank is on the Coaching Staff at Marshall.

Dayton, per usual, is the visitor. . .

As far as El Campo is concerned, not being able to throw and having to throw are two different animals.

Against their last two playoff opponents, the Ricebirds have thrown effectively to supplement a voracious ground attack.

Against Santa Fe - 37 attempts for 337 yards rushing - 3 of 5 passing for 27 yards

Against Yates - 337 yards on 55 carries. 6 of 7 passing for 87 yards.

The thing about a team that runs a lot and doesn't miss on too many passes - they shorten the game. The Broncos will have to play soundly to keep the '09 dream alive. The only thing complacency or overconfidence will get you is beaten.

"At this stage of the playoffs (3rd round) teams do whatever they have to do to win." A Dayton coach.

[quote name="etbu" post="715644" timestamp="1258913681"]
Mike what are you doing now?
[/quote]

Mike is the Publisher for Texas HS All-Sports and you need to subscribe to the magazine and website, all of you, LOL!!! Check us out at www.txhsallsports.com or www.txhsas.com, whichever. We are retooling the site and getting ready to 24/7 with our news coverage.

[quote name="rapayne" post="715654" timestamp="1258914138"]
[quote author=etbu link=topic=62828.msg715644#msg715644 date=1258913681]
[/quote]

Mike is the Publisher for Texas HS All-Sports and you need to subscribe to the magazine and website, all of you, LOL!!! Check us out at www.txhsallsports.com or www.txhsas.com, whichever. We are retooling the site and getting ready to 24/7 with our news coverage.
[/quote]

My son brought a copy of this magazine home from school last week. Excellent reading folks, I'll be subscribing!

[quote name="etbu" post="715659" timestamp="1258914881"]
Is Mike doing this full time? I really enjoyed visiting with him at different sporting events. Nice man and luvs Dayton.
[/quote]

Mike, myself and Roy Besch, along with several stringers. We are located in Dayton on Main ST in the Graphic Express building, anyone wanting to chit chat or get a copy come on by we love talking sports. Mike and I are always around!!

[quote name="JARobinson" post="715658" timestamp="1258914536"]
[quote author=rapayne link=topic=62828.msg715654#msg715654 date=1258914138]
[quote author=etbu link=topic=62828.msg715644#msg715644 date=1258913681]
[/quote]

[/quote]

My son brought a copy of this magazine home from school last week. Excellent reading folks, I'll be subscribing!
[/quote]

By the way, thanks we really appreciate everyone and any support you can give us, because we do this for our kids and they desreve the coverage.

Landon Appling: Carries -173  Yards 1341  Avg. per carry - 7.75  TD's - 18 
Devin Parks: Carries - 103  Yards 753  Yards per carry - 7.31  TD's - 8 
D'vonte Wells: Carries 100  Yards 589  Yards per carry - 5.89  TD's - 10 

The above are the three main rushing weapons for El Campo.

Waylon Malone is the quarterback - 56 completions on 89 attempted passes for 627 yards (62.92%) with three touchdowns and three interceptions.

Not sure if these are just regular season stats or if the playoff numbers have been added in.

Appling is your main concern.  Time of possession will play a big part in this one.  I'll take Dayton by 10, mainly because the last 3 teams they've faced, have similar styles.  All 3 love to run, but El Campo has a better defense than the other 2.  Come out and take them seriously and it should be Dayton vs Brenham/Angleton next weekend.  Hopefully i'll get to see a grudge match from last years reginal final...minus Cody Green and A.J. Dugat.  Good luck Dayton, you have this cubs support.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="717449" timestamp="1259164682"]
Appling is your main concern.  Time of possession will play a big part in this one.  I'll take Dayton by 10, mainly because the last 3 teams they've faced, have similar styles.  All 3 love to run, but El Campo has a better defense than the other 2.  Come out and take them seriously and it should be Dayton vs Brenham/Angleton next weekend.  Hopefully i'll get to see a grudge match from last years reginal final...minus Cody Green and A.J. Dugat.  Good luck Dayton, you have this cubs support.

[/quote]This Bronco team is much better defensively this year and weaker or maybe just younger than last--but I believe they are a better all around team this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami