Dayton and El Campo

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="717464" timestamp="1259167065"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=62828.msg717449#msg717449 date=1259164682]
Appling is your main concern.  Time of possession will play a big part in this one.  I'll take Dayton by 10, mainly because the last 3 teams they've faced, have similar styles.  All 3 love to run, but El Campo has a better defense than the other 2.  Come out and take them seriously and it should be Dayton vs Brenham/Angleton next weekend.  Hopefully i'll get to see a grudge match from last years reginal final...minus Cody Green and A.J. Dugat.  Good luck Dayton, you have this cubs support.

[/quote]This Bronco team is much better defensively this year and weaker or maybe just younger than last--but I believe they are a better all around team this year.
[/quote]I believe that it is awful early to say that. They have had a very easy road thus far we should wait and see them against some better competition. I believe that last years team offensively has set the standard pretty hi, remember that last year we usually called the dogs off early in the 3 quarter and still averaged in the 40s. I also believe that 2007's team set the standard for defense with last years team obviously not being quite as good on defense but still very good. Lets see these boys against teams the level of Livingston and Kerrville Tivy, the 2007 Waller team, Lake Travis before we start crowning them just yet. NO doubt defensively they have been very impressive to date I just don't believe that they have been really tested yet. They could prove to be the best Dayton team Defensively to date they have that kind of talent.

[quote name="dayton 2001" post="717657" timestamp="1259188627"]
[quote author=Diamond-J link=topic=62828.msg717464#msg717464 date=1259167065]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=62828.msg717449#msg717449 date=1259164682]
Appling is your main concern.  Time of possession will play a big part in this one.  I'll take Dayton by 10, mainly because the last 3 teams they've faced, have similar styles.  All 3 love to run, but El Campo has a better defense than the other 2.  Come out and take them seriously and it should be Dayton vs Brenham/Angleton next weekend.  Hopefully i'll get to see a grudge match from last years reginal final...minus Cody Green and A.J. Dugat.  Good luck Dayton, you have this cubs support.

[/quote]This Bronco team is much better defensively this year and weaker or maybe just younger than last--but I believe they are a better all around team this year.
[/quote]I believe that it is awful early to say that. They have had a very easy road thus far we should wait and see them against some better competition. I believe that last years team offensively has set the standard pretty hi, remember that last year we usually called the dogs off early in the 3 quarter and still averaged in the 40s. I also believe that 2007's team set the standard for defense with last years team obviously not being quite as good on defense but still very good. Lets see these boys against teams the level of Livingston and Kerrville Tivy, the 2007 Waller team, Lake Travis before we start crowning them just yet. NO doubt defensively they have been very impressive to date I just don't believe that they have been really tested yet. They could prove to be the best Dayton team Defensively to date they have that kind of talent.
[/quote]To be clear I believe the defense is better than last year but not 2007--at least not yet

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124