12 Men in the Huddle

TXKBear

[quote name="API steve" post="714776" timestamp="1258847829"]
That man was in the huddle, they called time out because of it. The officials were terrible, that wasn't the only thing they did wrong.
[/quote]

He was not in the huddle, please. I saw him come on the field head back off and then time out. And I was rooting for PNG dude. There were some bad calls both ways!

[quote name="NDNTime" post="716190" timestamp="1258994722"]
[quote author=teeboan link=topic=62761.msg716114#msg716114 date=1258988552]
[quote author=API steve link=topic=62761.msg714776#msg714776 date=1258847829]
That man was in the huddle, they called time out because of it. The officials were terrible, that wasn't the only thing they did wrong.
[/quote]

You may have 12 in the huddle - you may have 20 in the huddle..you Can't beak with more than 11. As long as the extras leave a few seconds before the huddle is broke there is no foul. [/quote]

Incorrect.  You may have more than 11 on the field if you aren't in a huddle, but of course, those players must exit before the snap of the ball.  For instance, you may have 22 guys on the field at one time when switching from offense to punt team.  BUT, those same 22 players CANNOT be in the huddle together.  If you have more than 11 guys in a huddle communicating with each other or communicating with the ref for that matter, then it is too many men in the huddle.  If an offensive substitution comes in, then the player being replaced must leave the huddle within 2-3 seconds of being replaced.
[/quote]

trust me, I've been officiating for 10 years,,you can have 12 in the huddle, you can't break with 12

As a Person whos not from the Golden Triangle and has had to go to The RES and watch a game officiated between a "golden triangle" team and an outsider.

NO CALLS HAPPEN!

if your arguement is the REF's were biased then its your coaches fault for not demanding a different zebra crew...

For example Crosby/Nederland was officated by a zebra crew from the DFW area.

I'm pretty sure it was because crosby didn't want a beuamont crew and Nederland didn't want a Houston Crew thus they compromised.

NO CALLS HAPPEN AND YES SOMETIMES THEY LOOK VERY INTENTIONAL.

Every reason you would defend your refs (beaumont) is a reason you should cut these refs some slack.

[quote name="teeboan" post="716283" timestamp="1259002899"]
[quote author=NDNTime link=topic=62761.msg716190#msg716190 date=1258994722]
[/quote]

You may have 12 in the huddle - you may have 20 in the huddle..you Can't beak with more than 11. As long as the extras leave a few seconds before the huddle is broke there is no foul. [/quote]

Incorrect.  You may have more than 11 on the field if you aren't in a huddle, but of course, those players must exit before the snap of the ball.  For instance, you may have 22 guys on the field at one time when switching from offense to punt team.  BUT, those same 22 players CANNOT be in the huddle together.  If you have more than 11 guys in a huddle communicating with each other or communicating with the ref for that matter, then it is too many men in the huddle.  If an offensive substitution comes in, then the player being replaced must leave the huddle within 2-3 seconds of being replaced.
[/quote]

trust me, I've been officiating for 10 years,,you can have 12 in the huddle, you can't break with 12
[/quote]

Man, if you have been in officiating for 10 years, you might need to go back to get a refresher course on the rules.  Look at the rule that was posted right before you posted.  The player being replaced must leave the field within 3 seconds of being replaced.  He cannot just stay in the huddle and leave 3 seconds before the huddle is broken.  Please don't officiate one of my teams games.

Please current officials do not take this personnal if you are a good one. But the caliber of officials across the board has gone down quite a bit since I played in the 70's.

I know an ex-official who made it all the way to the college ranks and called some big bowl games and when he see's what is out there today he gets pissed. Everyone misses a call at some time but over the last few years all teams are getting terrible game changing calls/non-calls.

I would not do your job, but those who choose to take on the responsibility should make sure they put in the effort to know the rules an hopefully are non bias. I have been to games and seen officials on the field that I know came from one of the schools they are officiating. Whether or not they claim they can be non-bias is a tough call! Tough job but just seems to be getting worse!

Is this horse dead yet?  Come on Indians start a thread on how great a season your team had.  Lets not beat on an offficiating crew for allowing your opponent to call a time our to get their personnel in order.  Lets not beat on officiating crews in general.  Do you think we are all gonna believe that the season ended because a kid ran on the field, turned around and ran off while people were hollering time out.  Do you think that had a significant impact on the score?  Think about it.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="WeedBegone" post="716810" timestamp="1259070681"]
Is this horse dead yet?  [b]Come on Indians start a thread on how great a season your team had.[/b]  Lets not beat on an offficiating crew for allowing your opponent to call a time our to get their personnel in order.  Lets not beat on officiating crews in general.  Do you think we are all gonna believe that the season ended because a kid ran on the field, turned around and ran off while people were hollering time out.  Do you think that had a significant impact on the score?  Think about it.
[/quote]

I think there's like 7 already. Please, not another one.

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="716810" timestamp="1259070681"]
Is this horse dead yet?  Come on Indians start a thread on how great a season your team had.  Lets not beat on an offficiating crew for allowing your opponent to call a time our to get their personnel in order.  Lets not beat on officiating crews in general.  Do you think we are all gonna believe that the season ended because a kid ran on the field, turned around and ran off while people were hollering time out.  Do you think that had a significant impact on the score?  Think about it.
[/quote]

That wasn't the only thing, there were several. You have no clue. Like tackling a receiver in the middle of his route.

[quote name="NDNTime" post="716749" timestamp="1259043582"]
[quote author=teeboan link=topic=62761.msg716283#msg716283 date=1259002899]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Man, if you have been in officiating for 10 years, you might need to go back to get a refresher course on the rules.  Look at the rule that was posted right before you posted.  The player being replaced must leave the field within 3 seconds of being replaced.  He cannot just stay in the huddle and leave 3 seconds before the huddle is broken.  Please don't officiate one of my teams games.
[/quote]
you haven't a clue son

[quote name="API steve" post="716869" timestamp="1259079125"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=62761.msg716810#msg716810 date=1259070681]
[/quote]

That wasn't the only thing, there were several. You have no clue. Like tackling a receiver in the middle of his route.
[/quote]

Ok enough on that one, the ruling was he was behind the line of scrimmage and you can blow them up behind the line of scrimmage. I was there and it was close to the line of scrimmage! Give that one up.

[quote name="teeboan" post="716955" timestamp="1259089484"]
[quote author=NDNTime link=topic=62761.msg716749#msg716749 date=1259043582]
[quote author=teeboan link=topic=62761.msg716283#msg716283 date=1259002899]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
you haven't a clue son
[/quote]

Did you read the rule?  Please explain to me why you are correct and why that rule is clearly erroneous.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder