Kirbyville vs. Anahuac/Kirbyville wins and advances to play Arp

KFDM COOP

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In no way does 28-6 reflect how close this game really was, only real big play was the 55yd td pass.  I couldn't have asked our defense to play any better than they did for 48 minutes against a team that averages over 40pts a game.  Our offense stunk it up...Childress right, Childress left ??? :-\  ???  

Down by 7 at the half,...thought we would open it up a little more, but I'm gonna zip my lip.  Our defense deserved better play from our offense, PERIOD!  

Congratz to K'ville and good luck next week

[quote name="bushpilot" post="714021" timestamp="1258780220"]
Anahuac actually kept it closer than score shows, still at a loss over some of the play calling for Anahuac. Anahuac matched them speed wise and talent wise in my opinion, [glow=red,2,300]so why run draw after draw or hand off up the middle what seemed like every play?[/glow]  like I said, Childress right, Childress left!
[/quote]

I assumed we would lose this game, but if we had any type of offense tonight we could've possibly pulled an upset.  I'd like to credit Kvilles defense, but I've witnessed our "unpolished" offense all season, so I can't give credit to the Wildcats for our misfortunes.  Very clean game...probably should have been 7-7 at halftime....but it wasn't.  Haven't seen Braxton throw a pass all season...he throws a duck and it gets picked.  There's no doubt we had 'em a little deflated, but can't cry over spilled milk.

I watched the game and the kirbyville that showed up tonight was not the kirbyville that played against newton buddy.  we played horriblbly flat on offense.  we ran what seemed to be only five or six different plays all night over and over.  anahuac doesn't have the speed we have either if they did it would have been closer. great game panthers, maybe next time. ;)

I agree I never saw any speed from Anahuacs offense. I will give credit to the Panther defense. Those boys came to play. Our offense was not playing to there best ability, but thank God for our Defense. Our defense is one of the toughest in the state!! They are fast and hard to get through. Good game Anahuac. Now lets move on to the next victim...ARP!!!

[quote name="Kville99" post="714078" timestamp="1258783014"]
I watched the game and the kirbyville that showed up tonight was not the kirbyville that played against newton buddy.  we played horriblbly flat on offense.  [b]we ran what seemed to be only five or six different plays all night over and over[/b].  anahuac doesn't have the speed we have either if they did it would have been closer. great game panthers, maybe next time. ;)
[/quote]

exactly.  didn't wanna show their hand and give that scout in maroon too much to write about.  this game worked out perfectly for kirbyville.

[quote name="wowzer99" post="714091" timestamp="1258784241"]
[quote author=Kville99 link=topic=62735.msg714078#msg714078 date=1258783014]
I watched the game and the kirbyville that showed up tonight was not the kirbyville that played against newton buddy.  we played horriblbly flat on offense.  [b]we ran what seemed to be only five or six different plays all night over and over[/b].  anahuac doesn't have the speed we have either if they did it would have been closer. great game panthers, maybe next time. ;)
[/quote]

exactly.  didn't wanna show their hand and give that scout in maroon too much to write about.  this game worked out perfectly for kirbyville.
[/quote]

Nice try...any true fan of football and not pulling for either team tonight knows we stuffed y'all fairly well.  Barring a blown coverage and a mallard duck thrown by our receiver, this game ends 14-6.  I know, you made it to 28 - woohoo.  Lastly, don't bring up play calling, because your 5-6 plays bested our 2-3 plays, so don't give me the maroon scout in the stands garbage. 

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="714094" timestamp="1258784618"]
[quote author=wowzer99 link=topic=62735.msg714091#msg714091 date=1258784241]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice try...any true fan of football and not pulling for either team tonight knows we stuffed y'all fairly well.  Barring a blown coverage and a mallard duck thrown by our receiver, this game ends 14-6.  I know, you made it to 28 - woohoo.  Lastly, don't bring up play calling, because your 5-6 plays bested our 2-3 plays, so don't give me the maroon scout in the stands garbage. 
[/quote]

Anafanatic..you have no respect for our boys! Your team just got beat fair and square and you want to say its because your offense was no good...I believe the correct response would be that our defense was BETTER!!! I gave props to your "d" the least you could do is the same!!! quit whinning and eat your crow...here it is on a silver platter!

Guest BUCMAN08
This just in kirbyville wins state. No need to play anymore games.  You are the best in texas.  You happy now ? I'm sick of  hearing it. Yes your good but please give it a rest its getting old. 

hey now, i never said anything against anahuac.  those boys played hard and deserve props.  but kirbyville ran just a few different running plays against 8-9 panther defenders in the box for most of the game.  anahuac played tough for sure, especially on the d-line, but in the end they we're just outmanned.  i couldn't say why anahuac only ran 2 or 3 plays, but that's on them.  some of you guys see things in comments on here that just aren't there, and aren't intended.

[quote name="kvillefan1992" post="714096" timestamp="1258785064"]
[quote author=Anafanatic link=topic=62735.msg714094#msg714094 date=1258784618]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice try...any true fan of football and not pulling for either team tonight knows we stuffed y'all fairly well.  Barring a blown coverage and a mallard duck thrown by our receiver, this game ends 14-6.  I know, you made it to 28 - woohoo.  Lastly, don't bring up play calling, because your 5-6 plays bested our 2-3 plays, so don't give me the maroon scout in the stands garbage.  
[/quote]

Anafanatic..you have no respect for our boys! Your team just got beat fair and square and you want to say its because your offense was no good...I believe the correct response would be that our defense was BETTER!!! I gave props to your "d" the least you could do is the same!!! quit whinning and eat your crow...here it is on a silver platter!
[/quote]

Actually, he has a lot of respect for Kirbyville.  He said he would root for Kirbyville if they beat Anahuac; throughout the rest of the playoffs.

Where is the need for the continuous censored-talking?  Kirbyville fans wonder why they catch a lot of grief.  They bring it upon themselves.  heck, it does not require a rocket scientist to say that Kirbyville is a good team (much better than I thought they would be at the beginning of the year.)  But 22-AA needs a confidence booster or something else.  Arp will bring a good game next week.  Anahuac, according to Kirbyville posters, had no business playing Kirbyville.  heck, they should have conceded the game prior to kickoff.  Anahuac played a good defensive game against Kirbyville.  

.  Muleshoe, why did you not lay it down December 20, 2008 (approx.)  It would have saved the SETX SPORTS server and the provider a lot of money and US a lot of headaches.    

[quote name="Cowboys" post="714119" timestamp="1258787037"]
[quote author=kvillefan1992 link=topic=62735.msg714096#msg714096 date=1258785064]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice try...any true fan of football and not pulling for either team tonight knows we stuffed y'all fairly well.  Barring a blown coverage and a mallard duck thrown by our receiver, this game ends 14-6.  I know, you made it to 28 - woohoo.  Lastly, don't bring up play calling, because your 5-6 plays bested our 2-3 plays, so don't give me the maroon scout in the stands garbage.  
[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, he has a lot of respect for Kirbyville.  He said he would root for Kirbyville if they beat Anahuac; throughout the rest of the playoffs.

Where is the need for the continuous censored-talking?  Kirbyville fans wonder why they catch a lot of grief.  They bring it upon themselves.  heck, it does not require a rocket scientist to say that Kirbyville is a good team (much better than I thought they would be at the beginning of the year.)  But 22-AA needs a confidence booster or something else.  Arp will bring a good game next week.  Anahuac, according to Kirbyville posters, had no business playing Kirbyville.  heck, they should have conceded the game prior to kickoff.  Anahuac played a good defensive game against Kirbyville.  

I'll quit bitching.  Muleshoe, why did you not lay it down December 20, 2008 (approx.)  It would have saved the SETX SPORTS server and the provider a lot of money and US a lot of headaches.    

[/quote]

I dont know who you are talking to saying the censor talking. I have not said anything that was foul that needed to be censored. So whats up with that comment. Obviously you are talking the way you are because your team got beat tonight. Several of us from kville has come on here saying that your d played an awesome game..so I dont know what your problem is. And he may have said that if his team got beat that he would support us throughout the playoffs, but the excuses hes making for his loss tonight is as if its only because his offense only ran 2-3 plays! funny

Coach Barbay is a hell of a good coach and No Barbers Hill can not have him.He just needs to learn that a passing game is needed.Coach Stewert learned it at Dayton after a few years and look at how great of a team they are, they were good but now they are awesome  .So we need to quit bitching about Coach Barbay and be happy we have a winning progam again. Good  luck Kirbyville and win state and Great job Panthers

[quote name="kvillefan1992" post="714096" timestamp="1258785064"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just to prove my point, see below for my post that I made PRIOR to this game.  Like I said, I assumed we would lose and it would be because of our O.  Are you that naive, seriously?

Quote from: ~old_wildcat~ on November 20, 2009, 08:21:02 AM
Quote from: H-D BOBCAT 55 on November 20, 2009, 07:49:58 AM
Anahuac is one of the fastest teams in this area. Panthers have way to much speed for K-VILLE. Ford will have a blow out. Panthers upset K-VILLE 28-21.

IMO Anahuac has not played a team yet on the same level as Kirbyville..And as for speed you will see more speed than you want to see on both sides of the ball....Not only Ford,but Ervine,Rhodes,Cucancic...Can all carry the mail..Best of luck to both teams...And I hope a Injury free ball game....

Yes, we haven't played a team as talented as Kville, but watching the Panthers all season it's been very obvious and disturbing to me that we haven't played up to our potential and just haven't seemed hungry if you catch my drift - this may be our last chance!  Our defense has played "bend but don't break" all season and haven't given up many points, this should be a much harder task though.  I cannot say that y'all have better RB's 'cause I know we are just as talented at that position...the difference between our squads thus far is in the trenches.  Our O and D line just aren't nearly as polished and if you can't create gaps, you can't go anywhere.  By no means am I saying your D wouldn't have something to do with that, I'm just saying I've seen it all season without playing you guys and it wouldn't be anything new for our offense to stall.  Nothing would make me happier than for everything to come together tonight, I just don't want to see 3 or 4 onside kicks again!
[/quote]

So in a nutshell, if you think I don't respect the boys on your team then so be it - but you're wrong.  We all knew going in to this game that Kirbyville was good...heck I even predicted them to win, so I don't have to eat crow.  I've remained consistent throughout my posts, but it's the wildcat in you (no pun intended) that's remains wishy washy.  

Bottom line is, I'm not too sure we were given the best opportunity to win this game - 25% of that was because of your team, the rest....##$....22AA.$&&&**&^^(( God's gift%^&&&**  8) = no bashing

Once again...I will be rooting for y'all to beat Arp and wish the team the best of luck on their state title run!  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami