High Island vs. Hardin

I will let you know when I get there.  If the big girl inside plays smart and can make get the soft touch off the glass, they should do alright.  I am not predicting a victory, just want the girls to stay in the game till the end.  Hardin will be ready and hopefully will take the Cardinals for granted.  Good Luck Cardinals!!

Go CARDINALS!!!

That was a great game tonight ladies.  I know that you came out on the wrong end of the score, but you should be proud of the job you did tonight.  Games like this will only help you in the long run.  Good luck in your next game.  Congrats to Hardin on the win.  That #32 is something else.  Hope that #1 is okay as well.

I was very impressed by the way the Cardinals came out to play Friday night.  Coach Hughes had a great game plan and the Cardinals executed very well.  You gave Hardin a run for the money in the first half.  Conditioning took a hold in the second half and the Lady Cards got sloppy and desperate .  Hardin kept playing their game, not getting too frustrated and continued to pull away.  Keep your heads up Cardinals and keep working on the little things.

Go CARDINALS!!!

It has taken me a while to figure out the words to say about this Lady Cardinal team. But after Friday night there is no question in my mind. This is perhaps one of the best teams I have seen HI put on the court in a long time. I feel like you are finally putting complete games together. The team seems to have a different attitude and it is nice to see. I don't believe conditioning had anything to do with your loss Friday night. There were some silly mistakes and way too many turnovers. I am sure that will be corrected before the next game. There are people in this community that are very impressed with this team. Keep giving all you have. We are behind you 100%.

[quote name="sideline fan" post="716582" timestamp="1259028682"]
It has taken me a while to figure out the words to say about this Lady Cardinal team. But after Friday night there is no question in my mind. This is perhaps one of the best teams I have seen HI put on the court in a long time. I feel like you are finally putting complete games together. The team seems to have a different attitude and it is nice to see. [u][b]I don't believe conditioning had anything to do with your loss Friday night. There were some silly mistakes and way too many turnovers.[/b][/u] I am sure that will be corrected before the next game. There are people in this community that are very impressed with this team. Keep giving all you have. We are behind you 100%.
[/quote]

[b][u]I WILL NOT SUGAR COAT IT!!!!![/u][/b]
Silly mistakes and way too many turnovers are a by product of conditioning, weather it be mental or physical.  First half/game close, second half/not so close.  Conditioning plays a major role. If you want to compete with the top teams in the District, you have to prepare yourselves mentally and physically for the challenge.  The season is young and [u]I know[/u] Coach H. will continue working with the girls to to prepare them.  Keep working hard ladies!!!!

GO CARDINALS!!!

I'm not sugar coating anything. And I certainly don't want to get into a disagreement about this. You are a loyal Cardinal supporter. But I believe some of the girls were a little offended by the comment that they weren't conditioned considering how hard I am told their practices are. I just want people to realize the talent this team has and what they have the potential to do. People seem to look past that and focus on what they need to work on. I can assure you they will be ready for district.

To the Lady Cardinals who are reading this: I enjoyed watching the game Friday night and wish I could catch more of them.  I too believe in the potential that this years team has and can also tell how each of you have improved.  To the new player....welcome to Cardinal Country, you are an asset to the team.  I stand by my earlier comment and apologize if I offended any of you.  I was talking to the team as a unit, not trying to single anyone out.

Go CARDINALS!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124