GCCISD's Stallworth Stadium

Guest GCMPats

Guest GCMPats
OK. Round 2 of the playoffs and not a single game is on schedule for Stallworth. What gives? Is it really that poor of a stadium or is it mainly a logistical problem? I know the parking lot is a mess, but other than that, please give me some reasons not to play there. Inquiring minds want to know.

(Please stay away from the stolen hub caps and crime rate jokes ;D)

[quote name="GCMPats" post="712071" timestamp="1258646984"]
OK. Round 2 of the playoffs and not a single game is on schedule for Stallworth. [b]What gives?[/b] Is it really that poor of a stadium or is it mainly a logistical problem? I know the parking lot is a mess, but other than that, please give me some reasons not to play there. Inquiring minds want to know.

[/quote]

I am willing to bet that approx. 10,000 PN-G fans are wondering the same thing.

I don't care what Brenhams coach has told his local newspaper, You can't convince me that Faircloth would not have flipped in a heart beat if it were between Thorne and Stallworth. What does he have to lose? He is at Thorne anyway. This just tells me that the rumor that West changed his pick to that small pasture in his neck of the woods is legit!

What a worm. I hope the hills are opened and it backfires on him bigtime with PNG fans taking over 3/4 of Thorne. I will say this as well. If they don't open the hills, it is General Admission and the PNG faithful will show up in large part before the Brenham folks will. They won't like it, but there will be a lot of purple on there side of the stadium! And they can thank there coach if it happens.

Stallworth is one of the best venues in Texas for HS Football!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="CATS80" post="712136" timestamp="1258651073"]
I thought it was a nice stadium. And I didnt think the parking was bad at all. And getting out after the game was good also. So I would have to think its other issues. Not an issue of how nice the stadium is.
[/quote]

That's nice to know. The district started parking most of the school buses at Stallworth several years ago. That extra stress has caused severe damage to the asphalt parking areas, especially on the home side. If it's dry, all you have are some pot holes. If it's wet, it's a complete mess.

It is a great venue to see a football game.

[quote name="CATS80" post="712136" timestamp="1258651073"]
I thought it was a nice stadium. And I didnt think the parking was bad at all. And getting out after the game was good also. So I would have to think its other issues. Not an issue of how nice the stadium is.
[/quote]
took us 30 minutes to get out of the parking lot last Friday night!!! One way in and one way out puts a real damper on it.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="712071" timestamp="1258646984"]
OK. Round 2 of the playoffs and not a single game is on schedule for Stallworth. What gives? Is it really that poor of a stadium or is it mainly a logistical problem? I know the parking lot is a mess, but other than that, please give me some reasons not to play there. Inquiring minds want to know.

[/quote]
no tailgating is allowed

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="SgtRey" post="712155" timestamp="1258652116"]
It's humid and rains a lot....too many mosquitos....and it's not portable, it would be nice if you can move it to Beaumont for the weekend. ;D ;D
[/quote]

We are working on getting the wheels back on, but we are having some trouble getting the skirting off.  ;)

The retractable roof is on back order.

Will the new BISD Stadium have two tiers or will it be like Dayton's home side of their stadium. STEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="712175" timestamp="1258653531"]
[b]Kinda looks like to me the Brenham coach wanted to play at Aldine in hopes to thwart the onsluaght of PNG fans[/b]...well...guess again! We will ALL be there, fired up and ready to take it to Brenham!

Honor......Pride.............Tradition...........PNG Indians!
[/quote]

That's right.... he's also voiced some concerns over the anxiety his players are exhibiting about facing the Indians' O, D and special teams. I gave him a call though and he said they are trying to work through it. I think I've convinced him that they should still plan to come and play you guys just for good experience for next year.   ;) ::) :-\

[quote name="dayton" post="712182" timestamp="1258653889"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=62640.msg712176#msg712176 date=1258653587]
Barbers Hill wanted to play there again this week, but some idiot at the UIL says we cant!! ;D
[/quote]

UIL.... pfft. there's no game scheduled, I say you guys should go play GCM!!
[/quote]

Pay back baby! ;D

Guest GCMPats
Come on PNG and Dayton. Please, please, please take care of your business these next two weeks. I would love to see a PNG and Dayton match-up in the Region 3 Quarterfinals!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="NDN-JOHN" post="712199" timestamp="1258654552"]
Yeah,a PN-G vs. Dayton match up at Stallworth Stadium.
[/quote]

NO, no, no! Reliant or Rice Stadium! 16,000 seats will not be enough.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont