Silsbee vs. Huffman/Silsbee wins 54-35 and faces Navasota/Comments

Congrads to Silsbee and as always nothing but class. I really became a Tigers fan after last year in the manner the coaching staff and players conduct themselves. Good year Huffman go luck to all of the outgoing seniors and best to you in life as your journey on.

Congrats Silsbee Great game! Offence looked good as usual. Defence had their moments but seamed a little inconsistent tonight step it up boys. It don't get better from here on out. We will need defence next week.
Great game to Huffman They did come to play ball. Very impressed with the way they ran their Offence.

Guest Silsbee88
[quote name="CATS80" post="708590" timestamp="1258263814"]
Congrats Silsbee Great game! Offence looked good as usual. Defence had their moments but seamed a little inconsistent tonight step it up boys. It don't get better from here on out. We will need defence next week.
Great game to Huffman They did come to play ball. Very impressed with the way they ran their Offence.
[/quote]

Agreed, offense played well......but we have alot to work on defensively.  We had a hard time for two weeks straight now.... I hope we can shut down Navasota.

Ours Tigers are fun to watch.....I want to watch 4 more weeks!!!!!!!!!

Our defense seems to have had the most trouble with teams that run first out of the shotgun. What does navasota run? They lined up in multiple formations last year. I just don't know if they have gone to something different with the loss of most of their playmakers from last year.

[quote name="CATS80" post="708705" timestamp="1258293851"]
Does anyone have stats on Navasota
[/quote]

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschoolsports/results.html?site=default&mkt=&Season=2009&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=50901&TeamID=141&SearchType=Teams

Final Stats

Huffman            Silsbee

rushing          29/204              47/280
passing      11-25-167 2int    10-14-173-1int
total              54/371              61/453
FD                    20                    24
penalties          7/72                6/55
TO                    2                      2

The Tigers are doing a great job this year.  No time for them to talk nonsence on SETX. The team is staying focused on the teams at hand. And taking care of buisiness. Cleveland and Coldspring mean nothing to them. They had Huffman to think about this week and took care of their buisiness there. now all focus is on Navasota. Good luck Tigers. Stay healthy and play ball. Proud Of You All.

I am a graduate of Silsbee High and this is my second game I have attended this season of Silsbee Tigers. I was far more impressed last night by the tigers compared to their homecoming game. Jeremy played a tremendous game, no doubt he one of the best athlete in 3A. Silsbee offense was explosive from the beginning to the end of the game. Their defense played a great game! Only problem I seen that needs to be worked on is needing to limit the turnovers and the secondary need some work but I know that they will get the job done

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami