Mart vs. Evadale

tram

HOLY COW CHECKMATE, you are really just OVERFLOWING with pride for 23-1a.  You have been extremely SUPPORTIVE in your posts, and I think you are just one cool cat.  Man, I wish everyone else in SETX was as supportive as YOU ARE. 

::)  ::)  ::) 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan
Just some thoughts...

Mart Panthers (6-4, 4-1). EC has encountered Mart (in 2A) more times than I care to remember. Many times they were ranked #1 or so, but EC played their heart out everytime. They never won but always "left it on the field". One year in particular Mart was #1, undefeated, and had a average score something like 55-3. No one had scored over 7 points on them all the way through the season & playoffs & Championship game. Well, EC put 21 on em'. Still lost, but gave em' stout game.

Point is, buckle up Rebels, and fire away! Thats what its all about! It is also noteworthy that now 1A Mart is 6-4, not 15-0. What that really means I am not sure, but it is [i]possible[/i] there are chinks in their armor. Finally, anyone who says "a loss = a weak district" is an idiot. What about the many times Marlin knocked out Newton? Weak district, huh?  ::)   

Go Evadale Rebels. We support you!  :)

[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=62374.msg708654#msg708654 date=1258274812]
Just some thoughts...

Mart Panthers (6-4, 4-1). EC has encountered Mart (in 2A) more times than I care to remember. Many times they were ranked #1 or so, but EC played their heart out everytime. They never won but always "left it on the field". One year in particular Mart was #1, undefeated, and had a average score something like 55-3. No one had scored over 7 points on them all the way through the season & playoffs & Championship game. Well, EC put 21 on em'. Still lost, but gave em' stout game.

Point is, buckle up Rebels, and fire away! Thats what its all about! It is also noteworthy that now 1A Mart is 6-4, not 15-0. What that really means I am not sure, but it is [i]possible[/i] there are chinks in their armor. Finally, anyone who says "a loss = a weak district" is an idiot. What about the many times Marlin knocked out Newton? Weak district, huh?  ::)     

Go Evadale Rebels. We support you!  :)

Amen[b][/b]

Guest checkmate
So I am an idiot because I express my opinions? Is this a free country in SETX? I have friends and family that live around the Mart/Riesel area and I just feel that the district here is overrated. Period. That is MY opinion. If Evadale/Colmesneil/Hull were in the Mart/Normangee/Riesel district (dist 22) would these teams compete? My OPINION is no. Do I wish these SETX teams bad luck ? NO. But I am a realist too. So if expressing my opnion makes me an idiot then maybe I do need to "go play somewhere else" Maybe some of you need to read the First Amendment. (If some of you even know what that is)

[quote name="checkmate" post="708742" timestamp="1258297352"]
So I am an idiot because I express my opinions? Is this a free country in SETX? I have friends and family that live around the Mart/Riesel area and I just feel that the district here is overrated. Period. That is MY opinion. If Evadale/Colmesneil/Hull were in the Mart/Normangee/Riesel district (dist 22) would these teams compete? My OPINION is no. Do I wish these SETX teams bad luck ? NO. But I am a realist too. So if expressing my opnion makes me an idiot then maybe I do need to "go play somewhere else" Maybe some of you need to read the First Amendment. (If some of you even know what that is)
[/quote]

How dare you have an opinion someone else doesn't agree with? When posters start getting personal and the name calling starts, it's a sure sign you have a valid point. They know you're right and it makes them feel better. Isn't that right BushPilot?

I would like for you to show how this dist. is ( over rated) to be over rated you first have to be rated high. In no were that I can find were anyone in this Dist have said that they are that great are stronger that anyother Dist. You continue to put down these kids,and tell them they are over rated. All they have done is put on their pads and lined up against the team that they have to play that week. In Evadale's case they played good enough to beat every one of them. For you to keep trying to knock them down is childest. If that makes you fill good to put down a kid, you show no class. You do have the right to your opinion, just no one on here cares what it is. I was told a long time ago If you cant say anythink good just keep your mouth shut. Evadale might get beat this week but You cant take away from them the fact that they are undefeated to this point. Not many teams can say that including your great team Mart

[quote name="True Blue" post="708776" timestamp="1258300884"]
I would like for you to show how this dist. is ( over rated) to be over rated you first have to be rated high. In no were that I can find were anyone in this Dist have said that they are that great are stronger that anyother Dist. You continue to put down these kids,and tell them they are over rated. All they have done is put on there pads and lined up against the team that they have to play that week. In Evadale's case they played good enough to beat every one of them. For you to keep trying to knock them down is childest. If that makes you fill good to put down a kid, you have no class. You do have the right to your opinion, just no one on here cares what it is. I was told a long time ago If you cant say anythink good just keep your mouth shut. Evadale might get beat this week but You cant take away from them the fact that they are undefeated to this point. Not many teams can say that including your great team Mart
[/quote]

Dude, try spellcheck. That was a bit hard to read.

[quote name="checkmate" post="708742" timestamp="1258297352"]
[/quote]
Checkmate if the 23A teams were in District 22 they probably would compete, because they would then have access to the same talent. In other words, if, if and buts were fruits and nuts, it would be Christmas all year long. Regardless of the outcome against Mart, Evadale did what they had to do to get there and you, nor anybody else can take that away from them.

Guest checkmate
I take nothing away from Evadale..they are a very good team..just in my opinion they are very good around here. True Blue...I have never in my life put any kid down..u are the one who called me childish..so now I am an idiot and childish for expressing my views. And if noone cares then why am I called these names? If I am not wrong then let Evadale prove me wrong and all the others in the district. I wish nothing but good luck to those teams. I hope I am proven wrong and we have some good games this weekend. I just do not appreciate the Evadale community calling me names because I express my opinions. That may be how your community is but I think it is unfair to people who may not think the Rebels are on the caliber of Mart/Normangee/. So please quit calling me names and just go prove me wrong.

This is your own fault.  You want to express your opinion in which you put down our
kids.  Then when we express our opinions and you get put down in the process you
act as if you have done nothing to deserve what you are getting.
 [b]Your opinion, our opinion.    JMO  [/b] :'( :-\ ???

Did we forget that this is all about the kids!

We get to come on SETX and talk about our teams for one simple fact and that is because our KIDS play the games. Do I believe that the Rebels will win on Friday...YES I DO.

Will I kick all of them under the bus if they don't...NO I WON'T!

None of us get to pick the district that we are in we are just assigned one.
Schedules are made for two years in a row with a home and home format. The coaches will set those schedules mostly on the day that realignment comes out. If you have a really clear crystal ball you might be able to predict what kind of team that a school might have next year, but you never know for sure and there is no way to tell what a team will be like in two years when you play the second game of the two.
Our kids play who they are told to play. Evadale did not get to pick who they get to play in the playoffs. Would we choose someone else, maybe, but have you looked at our part of the bracket. If you are the regional champion in this region then you are a bunch of studs.

I won't call anyone names, and if your opinion on the outcome is different than mine so be it. I know that a group of young men in Evadale did something very special over the past 11 weeks and nothing will take that away. We all would like to add another state championship momument in front of the school gym, but even if we don't I will remain a "Proud Rebel" and will come on this site to sing their praises for hard working players, coaches and fans.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

You know I gotta take up for Checkmate a lil on this one. I re-read what he posted, and honestly it wasn't that bad. In all reality, there's a lot of truth to what he says and it's just his opinion. I dont' know if we have the weakest 1A district in the state, but from top to bottom, we're not that strong. Bottom line is, until one or two of our teams start winning a playoff game or two, we will be labeled with that reputation around the state. Just like the folks from Newton and Kirbyville always look past the Anahauc/EC/Buna folks and prepare to take on the Arp's and Dangerfield's of Region III 2A fame. When a couple of those teams go a couple rounds deep in the playoffs for a couple years, that will no longer be the case. I'm from HD, and we were a consistant playoff team through-out the 80's and 90's. Problem was that we always ran into Alto, Groveton, Mart, Garrison or Grapeland in the playoffs in the first round, and that was it for us. We dropped down to 1A and low and behold, look who all followed us down to the 1A ranks. Hull-Daisetta, Evadale, Colmesneil, and the rest of 23A have to stepup and win some playoff games, and we all have the opportunity in a few days. I wasn't blown away with Mart last year when HD played them, and I felt like Groveton was tougher the previous two playoff years. With that being said, the Panthers rolled all the way to the State Championship game. Mart is just like any other team and Evadale does have a chance of winning, no doubt. They are not indestructable by any means. The Bobcats have to face a 11-0 wrecking ball in Lovelady and odds are it won't be pretty, but ya know what, that's why they play the games. I personally feel like Colmesneil has the best chance of winning in the 2nd round. With the teams in Div I this year, they have a shot of going all the way honestly. If they win 2 games, their in the state semifinals, 3 wins gets them in the state championship game, and 4 wins = State Title. Good luck to all three teams in 23A and I hope you all play your hearts out and leave it all on the field. The better team will win, and everyone will live to fight another day.

My honest prediction:

Evadale - 19

Mart - 37

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="709031" timestamp="1258322852"]
Did we forget that this is all about the kids!

We get to come on SETX and talk about our teams for one simple fact and that is because our KIDS play the games. Do I believe that the Rebels will win on Friday...YES I DO.

Will I kick all of them under the bus if they don't...NO I WON'T!

None of us get to pick the district that we are in we are just assigned one.
Schedules are made for two years in a row with a home and home format. The coaches will set those schedules mostly on the day that realignment comes out. If you have a really clear crystal ball you might be able to predict what kind of team that a school might have next year, but you never know for sure and there is no way to tell what a team will be like in two years when you play the second game of the two.
Our kids play who they are told to play. Evadale did not get to pick who they get to play in the playoffs. Would we choose someone else, maybe, but have you looked at our part of the bracket. If you are the regional champion in this region then you are a bunch of studs.

I won't call anyone names, and if your opinion on the outcome is different than mine so be it. I know that a group of young men in Evadale did something very special over the past 11 weeks and nothing will take that away. We all would like to add another state championship momument in front of the school gym, but even if we don't I will remain a "Proud Rebel" and will come on this site to sing their praises for hard working players, coaches and fans.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
[/quote]Good post Yeller. We need more fans like you. Go get'em Rebs.

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="709157" timestamp="1258329984"]
You know I gotta take up for Checkmate a lil on this one. I re-read what he posted, and honestly it wasn't that bad. In all reality, there's a lot of truth to what he says and it's just his opinion. I dont' know if we have the weakest 1A district in the state, but from top to bottom, we're not that strong. Bottom line is, until one or two of our teams start winning a playoff game or two, we will be labeled with that reputation around the state. Just like the folks from Newton and Kirbyville always look past the Anahauc/EC/Buna folks and prepare to take on the Arp's and Dangerfield's of Region III 2A fame. When a couple of those teams go a couple rounds deep in the playoffs for a couple years, that will no longer be the case. I'm from HD, and we were a consistant playoff team through-out the 80's and 90's. Problem was that we always ran into Alto, Groveton, Mart, Garrison or Grapeland in the playoffs in the first round, and that was it for us. We dropped down to 1A and low and behold, look who all followed us down to the 1A ranks. Hull-Daisetta, Evadale, Colmesneil, and the rest of 23A have to stepup and win some playoff games, and we all have the opportunity in a few days. I wasn't blown away with Mart last year when HD played them, and I felt like Groveton was tougher the previous two playoff years. With that being said, the Panthers rolled all the way to the State Championship game. Mart is just like any other team and Evadale does have a chance of winning, no doubt. They are not indestructable by any means. The Bobcats have to face a 11-0 wrecking ball in Lovelady and odds are it won't be pretty, but ya know what, that's why they play the games. I personally feel like Colmesneil has the best chance of winning in the 2nd round. With the teams in Div I this year, they have a shot of going all the way honestly. If they win 2 games, their in the state semifinals, 3 wins gets them in the state championship game, and 4 wins = State Title. Good luck to all three teams in 23A and I hope you all play your hearts out and leave it all on the field. The better team will win, and everyone will live to fight another day.

My honest prediction:

Evadale - 19

Mart - 37
[/quote] Great post Beezy.

what's up with everyone sayin evadale is gonna loose and they are gonna get shut out early in the game.
yea mart put up impressive points against dawson but evadale could prove to be stronger. so dont count the rebels out. Oh and i hear Mart plays on a turf field dont know for sure but if so evadale might have messed up their chance for this one.

Guest checkmate
The ONLY thing I ever said was that IN MY OPINION Evadale plays a weak district...and because of that I was called many, many names from the proud Rebel faithful. Very hurtful and very derogatory names, Very unfair names. I have always took up for the Evadale community..even when people say that they are a racist, tight knit community. To be attacked like I was because of a football game is really very demeaning. I stand by what I say..Evadale is blessed with being in one of the weakest districts in the state...hey Evadale..THAT IS MY OPINION..no disrespect to your team. So please quit bashing me by calling me NAMES. I will still take up for your team...I think what they accomplished this year is awesome...they are the best team in 1A in this area....so PLEASE quit calling me names (again). Be proud of what you have done...and stop using hurtful terms against those who pick against you...(why do I get the feeling its the parents and not the players),,,,go prove me wrong.

[quote name="tram" post="709276" timestamp="1258335398"]
With a defense only giving up 5.3 points a game.... You gotta think they will win this one.  Surely all ten teams on their schedule are not offensively challenged?  Defense wins championships.
[/quote]Everyone stop posting....this guys from mart... ;D ;D ;D    just messing with ya tram.  Good to hear from you again.

no checkmate you said that we were the weekest district in the whole state and i said unless you could put up the stats. on that you were stupid
for saying that ([b][size=14pt]my apology i shot my mouth off a little there[/size][/b]) but the fact is your opinion is not based on fact.

[glow=red,2,300][color=blue][size=18pt][b]G O    R E B E L S [/b] [/size] [/color] [/glow]

There are several sites that rank all the teams.  This is just based on one site "huddleuptexas.com".
District 23-A statewide rankings: 83,84,99,123,126,152,146,155 averages out to 121.
District 15-a is the next closest: Tolar - 50, deleon - 64, perrin-witt - 117, santo - 151, gorman 153, ranger - 157: average 115
So at least one source agrees that it is weakest.  However it appears that it was very competitive all year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83