ATTENTION DAYTON FANS!!!!

If you want Mexican there is Jose's and Los Compadres.  So when you jump over to 1960 there will be Los on the left in the shopping center and if you go up a couple of more blocks you will see Jose's.  Personally I prefer Jose's.  Then you got BBQ, burgers and seafood west of town.  Dude, go with Jose's.  ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="705720" timestamp="1258115895"]
Thanks, purple.

How about some suggestions on this site? ;)
[/quote]

If you want a great burger and rings go to the Branding Iron at the hwy. 90 and 146 intersection or Texas Kountry Kitchen (yes, it's really spelled that way) on main street. Can't miss with either of those. Wish I didn't have plans tonite... I'd buy you dinner.

[quote name="dayton" post="705726" timestamp="1258116467"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=62309.msg705720#msg705720 date=1258115895]
Thanks, purple.

[/quote]

If you want a great burger and rings go to the Branding Iron at the hwy. 90 and 146 intersection or Texas Kountry Kitchen (yes, it's really spelled that way) on main street. Can't miss with either of those. Wish I didn't have plans tonite... I'd buy you dinner.
[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion and the gesture.

What about any seafood suggestions?

For Bar-b-que go through the last light on hiway 90-you can see Bronco stadium to your left-older grain dyer w/car lot on the right and the next bldg.is Pappy's Bar-B-Cue.Dayton Seafood was better at first(Paid a great chef to draw us in)Now it's so-so.My pick JOSE's mexican food 1/2 mi.out of Dayton on the left-Just for the oldtimers the site of the former Texaco field office/yard.Service is usually fast-great chips/salsa-great food @ good prices.Cerveza in the frozen mugs is mucho to your liking.

[quote name="liltex" post="705730" timestamp="1258117434"]
For Bar-b-que go through the last light on hiway 90-you can see Bronco stadium to your left-older grain dyer w/car lot on the right and the next bldg.is Pappy's Bar-B-Cue.Dayton Seafood was better at first(Paid a great chef to draw us in)Now it's so-so.My pick JOSE's mexican food 1/2 mi.out of Dayton on the left-Just for the oldtimers the site of the former Texaco field office/yard.[b]Service is usually fast-great chips/salsa-great food @ good prices.Cerveza in the frozen mugs is mucho to your liking.[/b]
[/quote]

Thanks liltex.

So far, Jose's is calling my name. That last statement definitely tips the scales! ;D

[quote name="liltex" post="705730" timestamp="1258117434"]
For Bar-b-que go through the last light on hiway 90-you can see Bronco stadium to your left-older grain dyer w/car lot on the right and the next bldg.is Pappy's Bar-B-Cue.Dayton Seafood was better at first(Paid a great chef to draw us in)Now it's so-so.My pick JOSE's mexican food 1/2 mi.out of Dayton on the left-Just for the oldtimers the site of the former Texaco field office/yard.Service is usually fast-great chips/salsa-great food @ good prices.Cerveza in the frozen mugs is mucho to your liking.
[/quote]BEST WESTERN TEXAS SEAFOOD AND STEAKHOUSE
Delicious seafood and steak at a modest price. Located west of Dayton on HWY 90 just past the Best Western.

[quote name="octfeb" post="705744" timestamp="1258118620"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=62309.msg705730#msg705730 date=1258117434]
[/quote][b]BEST WESTERN TEXAS SEAFOOD AND STEAKHOUSE[/b]
Delicious seafood and steak at a modest price. Located west of Dayton on HWY 90 just past the Best Western.
[/quote]Oh yea, food is off da chain!!!!!!!! ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="705742" timestamp="1258118332"]
Yeah,I know what you mean.Start slow or "BRAIN FREEZE" .Who you got in this one?
[/quote]

Don't worry liltex, I have been trained well in the frozen mug. Silsbee Country Club has the coldest beer around served in those frozen mugs. Ice forms at the top of the beer, just great!!

I got WOS winning, 28-14.

[quote name="liltex" post="705752" timestamp="1258119904"]
Ah,Been there done that-Tuff course w/little greens.But oh the memories of the cerveza there makes those greens much larger and easier to get on.[b]They still have those great calcutta pools?[/b]
[/quote]

YOU BET!!!!

You need to come back and play in our invitational next June.

[quote name="liltex" post="705772" timestamp="1258120935"]
Could somebody tell me what LEET means under posts ?
[/quote]um not sure where leet is under posts but I looked it up and this is what it means:

Leet, also known as eleet or leetspeak, is an alternative alphabet for the English language that is used primarily on the Internet. It uses various combinations of ASCII characters to replace Latinate letters. For example, leet spellings of the word leet include 1337 and l33t; eleet may be spelled 3l337 or 3l33t.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="705743" timestamp="1258118347"]
What about Pesos?

(I don't remember if they are even still open)
[/quote]
The only waiter that used to pretty much run Peso's by himself bought it from the owner and opened up Jose's off of 1960.  Peso's is now a Pawn Shop.  Must not come through Dayton much.  ;)

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="7mary3" post="705831" timestamp="1258123259"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=62309.msg705743#msg705743 date=1258118347]
What about Pesos?

(I don't remember if they are even still open)
[/quote]
The only waiter that used to pretty much run Peso's by himself bought it from the owner and opened up Jose's off of 1960.  Peso's is now a Pawn Shop.  Must not come through Dayton much.   ;)
[/quote]

Not as much as we used to. Passed through there plenty of times headed to the family place in Trinity.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="705729" timestamp="1258117360"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=62309.msg705726#msg705726 date=1258116467]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=62309.msg705720#msg705720 date=1258115895]
Thanks, purple.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion and the gesture.

What about any seafood suggestions?
[/quote]if you stay on hwy. 90, just across the tracks is the best western motel and next to it is the texas seafood and steak house. goooooooooood food there. got anything you want to eat there.  ::)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="705705" timestamp="1258114402"]
Where's the best place to eat in Dayton? ;D

I will be going over to Huffman tonight to cover the WOS/Coldspring game. Thought I would stop along the way to get a bite to eat.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
[/quote] Go West Young Man !--- Last stop light going west on 1960 and Waco -- Jose's  --

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami