District Changes?

HJfan2

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HJfan2" post="704371" timestamp="1257971642"]
I heard a rumor cleveland was getting moved to navasotas district and HJ was filling clevelands spot.
[/quote][quote author=HJfan2 link=topic=62240.msg704368#msg704368 date=1257971494]
Has anyone heard anything of this?
[/quote]Really?

The next district re-alignment for 4A region 3 is going to be interesting.  There are a lot of new 4A teams that will be in this area.

Humble Summer Creek (new school)
New Caney (drops to 4A)
Porter (new school)
**Humble HS (possible drop to 4A)
**Baytown Lee (most likely drop to 4A)

With those new teams in the region, I'll be suprised if Livingston stays in 20-4A.  I would be willing to bet that Livingston goes north and either Baytown Lee joins 20-4A, or a team like Barbers Hill or Goose Creek Memorial is stolen from 19-4A and goes east to 20-4A.  Here are my predictions for the next district re-alignment (by the way, I'd love to see you're predictions as well):

New 20-4A
1) PNG
2) B. Central
3) B. Ozen
4) Vidor
5) Nederland
6) Lumberton
7) LCM
8.) Barbers Hill

New 18-4A
1) Livingston
2) Huntsville
3) Willis
4) New Caney
5) Porter
6) Conroe Caney Creek
7) Montgomery

New 19-4A
1) Crosby
2) Dayton
3) Goose Creek Memorial
4) Kingwood Park
5) Humble
6) Humble Summer Creek
7) CE King
8.) Baytown Lee

New 23-4A
1) Lamar Consol
2) Rosenberg Terry
3) Richmond Foster
4) El Campo
5) Bay City
6) Brazosport

New 24-4A
1) Galena Park
2) Friendswood
3) Texas City
4) La Marque (what was their snapshot enrollment, thought it was low enough for 3a)
5) Manvel
6) Santa Fe
7) Angleton
8.) Pearland Dawson

New 19-4A
1) Crosby
2) Dayton
3) Goose Creek Memorial
4) Kingwood Park
5) Humble
6) Humble Summer Creek
7) CE King
8.) Baytown Lee

That'd be a fun district... But i don't see them getting rid of Galena park and North Forest may be wrong but i doubt it...

My Bet is Humble, summer creek and Kingwood park all leave 19-4a.. and We keep North Forest and Galena Park.. Simply geographically speaking its closer to us, more centralized, its a drive for everyone going to Kingwood, and its not a drive to go to galena... their kinda tucked inbetween Crosby, CE King and BH

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="707284" timestamp="1258183595"]
New 19-4A
1) Crosby
2) Dayton
3) Goose Creek Memorial
4) Kingwood Park
5) Humble
6) Humble Summer Creek
7) CE King
8.) Baytown Lee

That'd be a fun district... But i don't see them getting rid of Galena park and North Forest may be wrong but i doubt it...

My Bet is Humble, summer creek and Kingwood park all leave 19-4a.. and We keep North Forest and Galena Park.. Simply geographically speaking its closer to us, more centralized, its a drive for everyone going to Kingwood, and its not a drive to go to galena... their kinda tucked inbetween Crosby, CE King and BH

[/quote]
I was looking at the big picture of the entire region.  Right now district 23 only has 5 teams and with the addition of a couple 4A teams this next season, they would have to take on another team, which would most likely be Brazosport from 24-4A (makes sense geographically).  That would leave 24-4A with an opening and the only district close to 24-4A is 19-4A.  The furthest south team from 19-4A is Galena Park.  I'm also hoping like hell that North Forest gets put into one of the HISD districts.

also, keep in mind that the UIL rarely spilts up high schools within the same school district, so if Humble drops, that measn that Kingwood Park, Humble, and Summer Creek will all be in the same district.  Any of those schools could go to the "north" district (with New Caney, Porter, Livingston, Huntsville, etc), but there are 7 teams up there very close to one another.  It would make sense for the 3 of those teams to stay in 19-4A or to get stuck in the "west" district and get paired with the Magnolia schools and Waller.

[quote name="aaronjm75" post="707227" timestamp="1258180614"]
The next district re-alignment for 4A region 3 is going to be interesting.  There are a lot of new 4A teams that will be in this area.

Humble Summer Creek (new school)
New Caney (drops to 4A)
Porter (new school)
**Humble HS (possible drop to 4A)
**Baytown Lee (most likely drop to 4A)

With those new teams in the region, I'll be suprised if Livingston stays in 20-4A.  I would be willing to bet that Livingston goes north and either Baytown Lee joins 20-4A, or a team like Barbers Hill or Goose Creek Memorial is stolen from 19-4A and goes east to 20-4A.  Here are my predictions for the next district re-alignment (by the way, I'd love to see you're predictions as well):

New 20-4A
1) PNG
2) B. Central
3) B. Ozen
4) Vidor
5) Nederland
6) Lumberton
7) LCM
8.) Barbers Hill

New 18-4A
1) Livingston
2) Huntsville
3) Willis
4) New Caney
5) Porter
6) Conroe Caney Creek
7) Montgomery

New 19-4A
1) Crosby
2) Dayton
3) Goose Creek Memorial
4) Kingwood Park
5) Humble
6) Humble Summer Creek
7) CE King
8.) Baytown Lee

New 23-4A
1) Lamar Consol
2) Rosenberg Terry
3) Richmond Foster
4) El Campo
5) Bay City
6) Brazosport

New 24-4A
1) Galena Park
2) Friendswood
3) Texas City
4) La Marque (what was their snapshot enrollment, thought it was low enough for 3a)
5) Manvel
6) Santa Fe
7) Angleton
8.) Pearland Dawson
[/quote]
i heard humble summer creek was 5A

Summer Creek will undoubtably end up 5A, but next year they will only have frosh-juniors... so they will be a 4A team for the next couple years... On that topic though, does anyone know the snapshot enrollment for Kingwood Park?  if anyone, they would end up with 5A numbers pretty quick

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="playa" post="709672" timestamp="1258386979"]
I would love to see:

Livingston
Caney Creek
New Caney
Porter
Kingwood Park
Willis
Summer Creek

No way Humble drops. Keep Crosby, Dayton, and Hunstville away

[/quote]

Humble will drop.  Almost a foregone conclusion. People are just not moving into that part of Humble I S D.

Same problem for R E Lee. Just the turning of the tides in Baytown.

Why do most people have Barbers Hill moving into 20-4A? What's the logic behind that? Seems Dayton would be the logistical choice for that a move back into that district.

I would not mind moving Kingwood Park and North Forrest out and just adding Robert E Lee to 19-4a. I do not know the #'s for NF, but they should be close to 5A.

GCM Pats..Why do you think Dayton is a better candidate to move into 20-4A?  I think BH is actually a little closer (I-10 vs HWY 90).  I know the majority of BH fans/parents I know would prefer to be in 20-4A...not just for football, but for the better overall competition  in all sports. 

Isn't GCM going move up?

Note to any mods reading:  might be a good idea to create a "sticky" thread with official enrollment numbers of area schools.  This topic is sure to get BIG soon as we approach Feb realignment!

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="DP#1FAN" post="704790" timestamp="1258028304"]
Has the UIL ever made sense?
[/quote]

No, but it makes money. Thats the driving force behind [u]everything[/u] the UIL does. Anyone who disagrees is blind as a bat.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="HillGuy" post="709729" timestamp="1258390545"]
GCM Pats..Why do you think Dayton is a better candidate to move into 20-4A?  I think BH is actually a little closer (I-10 vs HWY 90).  I know the majority of BH fans/parents I know would prefer to be in 20-4A...not just for football, but for the better overall competition  in all sports.  

Isn't GCM going move up?

Note to any mods reading:  might be a good idea to create a "sticky" thread with official enrollment numbers of area schools.  This topic is sure to get BIG soon as we approach Feb realignment!
[/quote]

I guess Dayton just seems, in my mind, closer to that area than BH. I've never really looked at the actual mileage, etc... I really think Dayton and BH should BOTH stay on this side of the Trinity River.

GCM will not move up until probably the next UIL realignment. I think we were at 1,650 or so this year.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="709729" timestamp="1258390545"]
GCM Pats..Why do you think Dayton is a better candidate to move into 20-4A?  I think BH is actually a little closer (I-10 vs HWY 90).  I know the majority of BH fans/parents I know would prefer to be in 20-4A...not just for football, but for the better overall competition  in all sports. 

Isn't GCM going move up?

Note to any mods reading:  might be a good idea to create a "sticky" thread with official enrollment numbers of area schools.  This topic is sure to get BIG soon as we approach Feb realignment!
[/quote]I never understood why they always put Dayton in with us instead of BH? If BH were to move to 20-4A it would make an already tuff baseball district brutal.Probably the tuffest in the state.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder